Gregman
New
United States

My mavic pro camera will not focus, what can I do to fix it

2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry you are having problems with your Mavic Pro's camera. Let me help you with this. Please try to reset camera settings and please make sure the DJI GO 4 application is updated. Thank you.
2018-5-29
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Is your camera set to auto or manual focus?
2018-5-29
Use props
Pyramid
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I too am having this problem, defiantly not in manual focus. When touching the screen to select focus area there is no response, also both side are blurry. Mavic only 1 week old. Any help appreciated.
2018-5-29
Use props
Same problem. And I don’t find any help !
Last firmware.
Autofocus is blur, manual focus is blur.
Reload the last firmware, calibrate imu, reset video parameters. Autofocus work one time.
And the next day, autofocus is done.
2018-5-30
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

Mmeuni2@gmail.com Posted at 2018-5-30 09:52
Same problem. And I don’t find any help !
Last firmware.
Autofocus is blur, manual focus is blur.

Same sentiment here.  I've pretty much given up hope that DJI will address this properly even though this subject continues to pop up regularly.  You know, it.should.just.work.
I was holding out hope for improvements in the Mavic 2 but as long as my Mavic is flying, maybe in another 6 or so months other manufacturers will have something competitive to consider instead.
2018-5-30
Use props
As I understand it, nobody at dji knows how to solve this problem !!!
It is known for a long time, it's really not cool.
You will lose the trust of your customers.
Please, a new firmware Mavic Pro and a new release of DJI GO 4.
2018-5-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Do you see the initials AF underneath the centered green box when viewing in the DJI GO 4 App? If not, then up top below your battery percentage indicator if you don't see AFC/MF then click on that box until it displays it. That should put your camera into Auto Focus, but you can always tap the screen to manually adjust the focus - either/or.
2018-5-30
Use props
davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-30 22:29
Do you see the initials AF underneath the centered green box when viewing in the DJI GO 4 App? If not, then up top below your battery percentage indicator if you don't see AFC/MF then click on that box until it displays it. That should put your camera into Auto Focus, but you can always tap the screen to manually adjust the focus - either/or.

are you serious ? we know all that. it's not the problem.
the forum dji relates this problem many times and there is no serious answer.
it's a big bug, no more.
We must reload the firmware, restart the mavic, calibrate the imu, reset video parameters.
It’s abnormal...
what is DJI doing to correct that?
2018-5-30
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Mmeuni2@gmail.com Posted at 2018-5-30 22:44
are you serious ? we know all that. it's not the problem.
the forum dji relates this problem many times and there is no serious answer.
it's a big bug, no more.

Can you record a screenshot and post the video here of your issue? Thanks.
2018-5-31
Use props
davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-5-31 06:34
Can you record a screenshot and post the video here of your issue? Thanks.

It’s the only answer we receive : post a video, a picture, a screenshot...
My answer is : take a look on internet, and you will see many users with the same problem.
it is not acceptable not to solve the problem, and to just ask for screenshots. I bought the Mavic Pro, it does not work properly, I will not buy the Phantom V2.  I will see other manufacturers !

Really bad, but my confidence is eroded.
2018-5-31
Use props
parmus
Captain
Flight distance : 6103757 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi everyone, My pro 2 have an auto focus problem. Please take a look to my video where I compare Mavic Air Vs Mavic 2 pro, the second one is never in focus.

Help me please!
2018-9-25
Use props
mikeyPR
New
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-5-29 12:38
Is your camera set to auto or manual focus?

Thanks for the fix.  It now works just perfect after setting to AF and locking the settings.
2018-10-18
Use props
PBaptista
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43153 ft
Portugal

Dear DJI,

recently i buy mavic pro, and i have the same problem with camera.

I lost many videos because the camera not focus the area.

Yes, my mavic is in auto focus, yes i reset my imu, yes i reset my gimbal and additionally i reload the DJI Go 4 on my iphone

The problem persisted
In past i had Phantom 3 Pro and i don't had this problem.

This problem, in Mavic, doesn't occur always, but occurs frequently spoiling many videos

Who can help me?
2018-10-22
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

PBaptista Posted at 2018-10-22 14:22
Dear DJI,

recently i buy mavic pro, and i have the same problem with camera.

Even though you shoot with autofocus, depending on how you shoot your clips, there is a need for a tap on the screen to re-focus at times.

The camera does not change focus while recording - you must do it manually with a tap on the screen. And to be sure of correct focus there must be a fixed focus point.

Each time a recording is stopped, the camera will auto-focus again and it will do so often if you just fly around without recording, if there is a fixed point to focus on.
2018-10-22
Use props
MTourangeau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 156759 ft
Canada

Canera settings
Settings
Reinitialise camera settings
Did works for me after a lot of research!
F02F88C6-697A-43DD-B31A-EA916D15A320.jpeg
2018-11-5
Use props
DEEBEE FILMS
New

United Kingdom

Hi,I just had the same problem after flying one day I put the drone away and took out the SD card to look at some videos-I deleted some vids and renamed other files and put the card back in the Mavic.
Next day I went to fly and the camera was out of focus and all camera settings were greyed out.
At home I noticed someone on this site say ,change or format you SD card-I removed the SD  card and the camera focused straight away!
so I re formatted the card and problem solved!
2018-11-22
Use props
fans7ee18633
lvl.1
United States

This company has really taken their customer base for granted. Really poor and robotic customer service. About two weeks ago, my DJI Phantom 4 Pro started having image transmission issues to my iPad. Everything is up to date and in good working order. No trouble shooting worked via customer service, so I had to send the drone in for service at the manufacturer. They kept the drone for two weeks and charged me nearly $200.00 for the repair work. I use the drones professionally as a photographer and I couldn't go two weeks without capturing aerial photos for clients, so I purchased a brand new DJI Mavic Pro 2 with the Hasselblad camera. After three flights, I had the improper focus issue. I tried everything, reset everything, re-installed everything, formatted the SD card, tried a new SD card, nothing works. Customer service couldn't find an issue and then they told me because I bought the drone through an authorized DJI retailer via Amazon, that I have to take it up with them. AUTHORIZED dealer and still no support. This company is a joke, I'm looking forward to the day when a legitimate competitor breaks in to the market.

Long story short, I'm having the focus issues, no help from DJI, and it's still an ongoing issue.
2019-6-18
Use props
fansf68b3aef
New

United States

Hi everyone. Just bought my first drone ever. (mavic pro). I was able to set the whole thing up but my video quality sucks, the camera seems to be out of focus or something like that. I noticed that on my general settings, under the "Camera" tab I only have one option, that is: "Long press action" and the two options on that description, "Focus and Gimbal Control" am I missing something here???  please help.
2019-8-16
Use props
Brucez9
New

Australia

I've had the same problem with my Mavic for some time. I've tried every hint & fix on you tube, & the net I can find, tried all the blow mentioned fix withou any luck. Sent e-mails to DJI & didn't even get a reply. I've had to revert to my Phantom as the Mavic is so bloody unrelilable.  If anyone has a magic fix please let me know,
2020-3-2
Use props
djiuser_4FYnZCLNoUgo
New

Canada

Just wondering if anyone has solved this issue yet. I have tried every suggestion and there is no change in focus. The entire display is severely out of focus and does not attempt to hunt or change through any of the suggestions I tried. Is it possible that the focus drive motor in the lens itself is physically broken?
2020-3-15
Use props
stevols
New

United States

djiuser_4FYnZCLNoUgo Posted at 3-15 00:33
Just wondering if anyone has solved this issue yet. I have tried every suggestion and there is no change in focus. The entire display is severely out of focus and does not attempt to hunt or change through any of the suggestions I tried. Is it possible that the focus drive motor in the lens itself is physically broken?

Hello,

Did you ever figure out a solution to the focus issue?  My mavic pro is really making me angry me off. Ive tried every reset and calibration possible i think... My drone will have  perfectly clear video for the first 45sec to  3min depending. yesterday I got a 3min video that was very clear. This was with the drone flying 50' away. The next flight i took it up to 75' alt and 300' away.  It went out of focus after 45 sec.  Ive never crashed the drone or anything like that. Im very carfull when transporting it making sure i dont jostle it around. Any input on the focus issue would be great. Is there a way to fix the focus in place by unplugging a wire or taping something lol.
2020-4-16
Use props
pete_mackay
New
Canada

This has happened to me enough to see a pattern. It has to do with your SD card. Take it out and format it on your computer (ExFAT or ExFAT32). Put the card back in the Mavic and use DJI Go app to format it again in the drone. REestart everything just to be extra lucky and it'll work. At least, it did for me the last three times in the last two years...
2020-4-21
Use props
StringfelloHawk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241549 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the exact same issue. No problems until now. Last week the Mavic Pro started delivering blurry photos and videos on the right side of the images. I've looked everywhere for a solution. My drone is nearly 3 years old and I hate to send it in for repairs. I'm more of a figure it out and repair it myself guy. So far I've had no luck with any solutions I've saw online.
2020-4-23
Use props
sws2810
lvl.2
Flight distance : 418714 ft
United States

First off, why oh why would DJI use a FIXED 2.2 Apeture?? A 2.8 depth of field is soooo much better to have the entire frame FOCUSED. This may be ok if you are filming a flat surface at 90 degree angle... consistantly, but water is the only thing like this (at 90 degrees to the lens!!). Landscapes constantly change as you fly over them along with the angle of your gimbal. DJI needs to come up with a FAST/AUTOMATIC Focus System.  My $300 phone can focus better, sharper, and much much much faster than my $1200 DJI Mavic Pro!! Still Photography is acceptable. NOT for flying... and I do not mean hoovering in place. I am constantly trying to keep videos in focus - regardless of what settings I have... and never really get to concentrate of flying. This does not even include keeping ISO, EV, shutter speed, etc at an acceptable result. The mavic miniauto focus does a better, more enjoyable job of filming & it is over hundreds, if not thousands of dollars less expensive. This all just does NOT make sense to me. Camera drones - in my opinion - are good for still photography ONLY. Videos...?? - are the Luck of the Draw.
2020-10-24
Use props
fansaa58a6b8
New

Australia

DEEBEE FILMS Posted at 2018-11-22 08:03
Hi,I just had the same problem after flying one day I put the drone away and took out the SD card to look at some videos-I deleted some vids and renamed other files and put the card back in the Mavic.
Next day I went to fly and the camera was out of focus and all camera settings were greyed out.
At home I noticed someone on this site say ,change or format you SD card-I removed the SD  card and the camera focused straight away!

Thankyou for your advice! The problem with not being able to focus was due to my SD card. I tried another card and it focuses perfectly now!
2020-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules