Mavic air CPU overheating
2004 4 2018-5-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AngryDrone
New
United States

After a few days from purchasing, my Mavic Air failed all sudden with a persistent error "Processor chip overheated". Error persisted at every reboot. Error also present following day after resting all night at 70F
Drone body was becoming extremely hot, same for the underside above the battery
Looking online seems a common issue and due to the fan failure
Indeed the fan was not working, or at least no sound was emitted by the drone after start up sequence... while previously the fan noise was very evident

I returned the drone to retailer. Just want to express the disappointment for such critical failure after few days out of the box
It is sign of poorly engineering, giving that isn't an isolated case

4-5 days of lifetime is absurd for a 1000$ product

I guess never again a DJI customer
2018-5-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd say more quality control than engineering. My MA works perfectly but I did have a white Mavic last November with the same issue - I too returned that but bought the MPP - no issues. It seems you bought a lemon - trust me, it's highly likely that if you bought another one the fan will work!
2018-5-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We're sorry to read on this, nothing worry we will forward this issue to our engineers for them to be notified so that we can check this kind of scenario as well.
2018-5-29
Use props
Jef96
lvl.1
France

Hello. I have the exact same issue about the fan not working on my mavic pro platinum received yesterday. I opened a case at Dji but it is a shame the this issue is noticed by à lot of people here and Dji seem to not improve their quality checks, especially on the fan.
2018-5-29
Use props
fans26b282e8
New

United Kingdom

Jef96 Posted at 2018-5-29 15:10
Hello. I have the exact same issue about the fan not working on my mavic pro platinum received yesterday. I opened a case at Dji but it is a shame the this issue is noticed by à lot of people here and Dji seem to not improve their quality checks, especially on the fan.

I have exactly the same issue with my Mavic Air. It also constantly tells me to recalibrate the compass and throw up problems with the barometer.  All in all I am completely confused, and cannot get the thing to fly!     Can anybody help please?
2019-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules