Z15-5D Mark III Gimbal not working at all
1035 4 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hiddenx
New

Germany

My Environment is a S1000+ with A2 Controller and a Z15-5D Mark III Gimbal. The A2 is linked to a Futaba 14. (This connection is fine, all flight-functions are working properly)

Wiring

I connected the Canbus from the GCU to the small Hub of the GPS Antenna, the GPS Antenna to the small HUB of the IMU and the IMU to the CAN1-Input of the A2-Flight Controller. I chose the CAN1 accordingly to the A2 Manual, page 7 (IMU and GPS) and page 50 (GCU).

I connected the 9-pin plug to the GCU (G9-Port, pic5) and the 10pin plug to the gimbal.

I connected the 6pin plug to the GCU (G6-Port, pic5) and the 8pin plug to the gimbal into the upper port.

Both LEDs are glowing green.

Software

1. All Firmwares are up to date
2. At the A2 the gimbal switch is ON.
3. I assigned 2 channels for roll and pan
4. In the assistant-software the sliders are moving when I move the assigned slide-controllers at the futaba 14 but the gimbal does nothing at all.

2nd Try

The next I tried was to control the gimbal directly for 2 operators with a Futaba 10:

1. So I connected the futaba receiver to the AUX2 port of the GCU and the other side of the servo cable to the Sbus-port of the receiver.
2. The receiver’s LED is green, so the receiver is linked to the futaba 10 I intend to use for the camera-operator.
3. Nothing happens when I move the sticks of the Futaba 10. Neither the gimbal is doing anything nor the sliders at the assistant-software of the gimbal are moving.

Please help. What can I do or check to make this gimbal work?

thx in advance, regards
Carsten

2015-5-13
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

The first try I guess you would like to use one controller to control  the main controller and gimbal, try connect GCU mode channel to one of A2 F1-F4 channel.
The Second try, are you using LB at the same time?
2015-5-13
Use props
hiddenx
New

Germany

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-14 14:03
The first try I guess you would like to use one controller to control  the main controller and gimba ...

Yes first try should be one operator mode.
I connected the mode channel to F1 of the A2. Still the sliders in the A2-Assistant are moving but no reaction from the gimbal. But now the motor of the gimbal is vibrating and makes a humming sound.

And no. I have no Lightbridge
(At the moment. It's ordered but I first wanted to have a properly working setup before I do the next step)
2015-5-14
Use props
hiddenx
New

Germany

hiddenx Posted at 2015-5-14 16:11
Yes first try should be one operator mode.
I connected the mode channel to F1 of the A2. Still the ...

The vibrations came because the screw which holds the camera was not tightened.

I also made a new attempt not using the F1-port of A2 and Mode-port of GCU (which was certainly a misunderstanding) but the F2 and F3 ports of A2 and connecting them to Roll and Pan of GCU.

Still no Success
2015-5-14
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

hiddenx Posted at 2015-5-14 16:47
The vibrations came because the screw which holds the camera was not tightened.

I also made a new ...

You can add my working skype candice-zhu(Shenzhen, China), let's discuss details.
2015-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules