IS ANYBODY HAPPY WITH THE NEW PHANTOM 3??????
123Next >
5185 84 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sheinisch
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

I have been completely new to quadcopters until the P3P arrived last week....

A gadget, which allows to be flown a few hundret meters high and 2 km away from its controller, deserves some respect.

So I did the first 3-4 runs in my garden in 1-3 m height in order to train the battery and to get experience in flying the Phantom 3 Pro. This worked out perfectly. Except two bushes, which were inspected from the inside, I did not have any problem in controlling the drone and had lots of fun. Reading the discussions and experiences of others in this forum, I - step by step - gained trust updated my Phantom and App being able to go out for longer runs.

Today, after 14 runs I have gone 300m far or 100 m high, still being able to see the Phantom 3. This is pretty, pretty amazing!

I had not expected that the Phantom would be so easy to handle and remain that stabile even under - moderately - windy conditions. It's photo- and video-quality is great as well.

Well, high-tech has its implications, but, not being surprised by that, the Phantom 3 is one of the most fascinating and entertaining gadgets I've bought for years.

Regards,
*Sven*
2015-5-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

P3P is night and day  to my P2.  Have only 4 flights. No problems so far (crossed fingers). Its the first rev. of a new product bound to be some glitches hear and there. Would like to see Home Lock and IOC, Waypoints.
Still the Inspire has been out for how long and still does not have those features yet.
2015-5-15
Use props
spangard
lvl.1
Flight distance : 588642 ft
Mexico

Love it. Loved my P2s, too. It's called cutting edge for a reason. If the pros outweigh the cons, you win.
2015-5-15
Use props
Gustave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138 ft
Netherlands

I gather that most of the DJI Phantom flyers are happy with their 4copter. Many of those post their possitive experiences w/wo media on fora, like this one or on other sharing sites. And even more post when they run into some sort of trouble with their coptyer or with DJI. What I mean to say is that it is easy to bump into all the mishaps regarding the DJI quadcopters.

All the problems I ran into (I started with the Phantom 2 Vision) where because of my own doing. I flew my P2V in a tree. I repaired it myself, which was good because that gave me understanding of the inners of the copter. I had practically no problems with my P2V+. And I love my Phantom 3 Prof. Also am I happy with how DJI handels my questions and solves my problems.

Happy flying
2015-5-16
Use props
taneks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205771 ft
Singapore

Absolutely love mine. Able to fly much more confidently than my previous parrot.
2015-5-16
Use props
FantomDK
lvl.4

Denmark

I love my Phantom 3 Professional!

The advertising is a bit misleading if people get the impression that flying a quadcopter is super easy and just something you take out of the box and can fly around like a champ in no time. There is a reason why the little dot on the Flight Log for "ilot Level" moves so slow! It is a long and fairly steep learning curve. And you should know that it takes time and effort to do this thing right - or you have a mich higher risk of having some bad experiences.
This is fairly new and advanced technology. The fact that it is as relatively easy as it is, is a huge leap forward. But thats compared to how it was a few years ago - where you'd likely have to study up on things for a long time and build your own, learning a lot about a bunch of details.

You need to be willing to spend some time with the Phantom and not be freaked out by convoluted "Firmware Upgrades" and whatnot. But when you do it, the reward is immense.

I generally suggest people buy a cheap toy-quadcopter like a Hubsan X4 or similar, to learn to fly a quadcopter before flying your powerful, fairly expensive and fragile Phantom flying camera. It is a lot less intimidating to fly those small quads and you can build your confidence a lot faster that way.

-

Buy your DJI-gear, batteries, cases by using this link - it'll help me out

2015-5-16
Use props
lomasky
lvl.2

United States

I've been flying my P2V+ for more than a year and I just upgraded to a P3 Advanced this week!
Before flying it, I read every word in every manual, and took appropriate notes for future reference, so I could understand all that I needed to know about the aircraft and app.
I upgraded 1.1.9 to 1.2.8 with no issues.
Naturally, I did the IMU and gimbal calibrations as recommended.
And I calibrate the compass before every flight!
So far, I've flown about 10 flights this week and everything is perfect!
Loving the extended range for the aircraft and the large screen on my iPAD Mini 2!!
2015-7-2
Use props
Vampiszon
lvl.2

Belgium

Loving mine!
2015-7-2
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

No issues other than an app crash early in flight the other day while she was 400 feet high about 3000 feet away.  Lost video signal but it was still streaming other data like battery level. Panicked for about a minute by not doing anything expecting her to initiate Rth on her own and noticed distance wasn't changing. Closed and reopened app and still no video so I then hit Rth on the transmitter and she came back in a couple of minutes... The only problem I have ever had  in 52 flights across 3 p3! Much better range, speed, gps lock, video feed quality, camera, flight app, and overall flight characteristics and $200 cheaper than my  p2v+ (ver 3) .love it. I tell everyone to buy one!
2015-7-2
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

{:3_48:} Love my P3P. Incredible technology in one package!
2015-7-2
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Started with very small quad so I could understand how they fly.  Got a x5c to take some video but it's low quality.  Then took the plunge and purchased the P3P with two extra batteries.  I received my P3P about two weeks later WITHOUT the extra batteries.  Out of the box the camera bracket was loose but it didn't hurt anything.  I had been reading the manual on-line since before I ordered.  My first flights were basically perfect.  Then I updated the firmware and now my P3P is not as steady as it was.  I finally received my extra batteries, almost two months after ordering.

So my experience is mixed.  The P3P is a great value but I'm worried about DJI.
2015-7-2
Use props
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

I love mine.  No issues with it so far.  
2015-7-2
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Love mine no issues... been flying it for a month now.
2015-7-2
Use props
Shutter
lvl.2

Sweden

Yes I'm really happy my P3 Pro.
Except for some FPV lag (still usable), it's perfect.
2015-7-2
Use props
wiregrassbulldo
lvl.1

United States

It's great.
2015-7-2
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Add me to the "Love it" list.My 13 year old son and I took it for its maiden a month ago and we came away from the flight like it was the greatest day of our lives.Since that day we have flown over many missions more than a 100kms and yesterday we took it out 3.9kms and returned safely with the stock setup.Yeh we had to disable Google services on our Samsung tab s but woopdef!@#$doo its a state of the art bird that has only been out months that has a couple of minor buggs that will be fixed. Im sure I speak for a lot of peeps on here when I say we have waited years for something this affordable and totally f!@#$ awesome..
2015-7-2
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

It was a nice upgrade from my P2. The P3p has no problems with Nvidia Shield. All the latest updates.
2015-7-2
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Add me to the "I love the P3A" list. Latest firmware caused me some issues but nothing that cannot be rectified with a bit of "tweaking". Not perfect, I know, but still the best quad I have flown.
2015-7-2
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been flying the P3 since May 17th and it is hands down the best aerial video/photography platform under $2000 that is available on the market today.  And it only cost $1250!  I absolutely love it. The gimbal and camera combination provide rock-steady, beautiful 4K video.  I have flown it out as far as 7500 feet distance from home point with stable 720P video the entire round-trip flight (by selecting a fixed, low-interference manual HD link channel).  The P3's GPS and Vision Positioning System allow it to hover stably 3 feet off the ground or 400 feet in the air - in gusty winds up to 15 mph.  I now have four batteries and can enjoy an entire afternoon of flying without stopping (except to rest). Third-party ND filters from PolarPro now let me record jello-free video on bright, sunny days. I also have a DJI Inspire 1 and they are both amazing pieces of hardware for different reasons.

Is the P3 perfect? - NO.  But neither is my fairly new car, or my HDTV, or my iPhone.  It took me three weeks to get a level P3 camera horizon, but NOW it's great. I am disappointed that Home Lock and Waypoint flying are not yet available as DJI Pilot software features.  The last firmware update caused me to have to retire my iPad Mini 3 as my go-to mobile device because it now overheats in hot weather within minutes.  But my iPad Air 2 works great - with stable 720P video - as long as I keep it out of direct sunlight using a sun hood on hot, sunny days. I have a detailed pre-flight checklist and I go through it EVERY time I fly.  Be careful, read your manual thoroughly, go through a pre-flight checklist, use simulator to practice how to fly and land aircraft, and fly safe.  Keep learning how to improve your photography and video techniques and practice flying techniques and emergency procedures (RTH, quick landing, etc.). If you do all that, you will very much enjoy flying your P3 with confidence.
2015-7-2
Use props
shorinjimonk
lvl.1

Canada

Works great for me! 0 issues. No issues with the firmware updates and no issues with flying...
2015-7-2
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

Very happy with mine. Latest firmware and latest App (Android). since disabling VPS and downgrading Google its fine, no issues at all. once DJI sort the teething issues out this will be a fantastic.
2015-7-2
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have you inspire and I have the phantom and I have to admit I have not really had any issues being only issue I'm having now it's a little bit of lag with the latest software but otherwise  both birds perform flawless
2015-7-2
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Yes, no issues ... well, none that were not self/user inflicted.
2015-7-5
Use props
nic
lvl.2

Australia

I have had mine around 12 weeks now and I am totally happy with it.  To be honest those who say they are having issues is because they cannot leave it alone and just go fly.  They are the kind who cannot help but try to fix things that are not broken, by calibrating everything they can possibly change.

I just fly mine and I have had countless flights now up to the legal limit of 400 feet (here in oz),  and to a distance of about 1km and honestly its flawless and makes superb pics.

The only thing I calibrate is the compass and then only when it needs it, otherwise I leave it alone.

I do all the firmware updates and touch nothing else.

Just go enjoy it and ignore the nay sayers and the fiddlers.

cheers
NW
2015-7-5
Use props
Helios
lvl.2
United States

Yes, happy with it. Latest firmware.
2015-7-5
Use props
j_purcell
New

United States

Like mine. Great stable machine. Outstanding video quality. Although I do go pretty easy with it... baby steps.
And the video of the 4th of July from 100 feet up was really cool.
2015-7-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The most fun I ever had, with most of my clothes on. ;-)

Love it and would buy a second... Can't wait to see what they conceive of next.

RedHotPoker

2015-7-5
Use props
frandenr
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4026 ft
  • >>>
United States

I love the hardware, but after getting used to flying with waypoints, DJI Pilot seem incomplete. It's like flying with a partially crippled craft. If you don't think so, just take a look at DJI's announcement upon releasing the waypoint application (Phantom 2 Vision+ Ground Station)
http://www.youtube.com/embed/qajTB3g8TrU
They seem to think it was the best thing since sliced bread. I agree.
The Phantom 3 will be a much more capable bird when either DJI or an independent developer releases some software that is at least as good as the Phantom 2 Vision+ Ground Station.
Perhaps the release of Solo's 3DR will light a fire. They have some pretty impressive software that comes in the box with their bird.
A little competition always helps.
2015-7-5
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

LOVE IT and the video I get out of the advance... Just awesome!
2015-7-5
Use props
MLH
lvl.4

United States

Had to get one after owning an inspire 1 and pv2+& FC40

Worth every penny, and once one does his or hers homework, its a breeze to fly any DJI quad.
Diggin my new P3 east to transport set up and fly what not to like.
BTW all 4 DJi quad's are still flyable, never crashed

2015-7-5
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

love mine too, my vps is a little sick from the last firmware update bug, but with it off she Flies just fine and I'm confident the next update will fix it and I will be able to leave it on again, everything else I own from dji has been excellent too.  A few things had some bugs upon its initial release but they got ironed out pretty quick so I'm sure my p3's vps system issue is just a temporary issue and will be too, if your an early adapter like myself you get use to a bug or 2 at the beginning. Every electronic item I've pretty much have ever owned had some small issue upon initial release.  But the bottom line you wont regret buying a p3 if you can and are willing to read and educate yourself on it.  The owners manual has all the info needed to fly it safely and land it at home and not in a tree
2015-7-5
Use props
Mooseshooz
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Great piece of kit, once my Gimbal issues were sorted, and with the inclusion of an ND filter of some sort on the camera to reduce the video shutter speed this thing is awesome
2015-7-5
Use props
mark1975
lvl.3
Flight distance : 92454 ft
United Kingdom

moved to ios on ipad air 2 best move I made imo love this machine good job dji
2015-7-6
Use props
roblor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 319314 ft
Australia

deboldt@machlin Posted at 2015-5-15 08:30
P3P, time with son.  Pure enjoyment.

love mine
2015-7-6
Use props
pagliai.mauro
First Officer
Flight distance : 35365551 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Love mine. Not issues at all, need just a better quality compression on vids.
2015-7-6
Use props
Mspinner1
lvl.1

United States

so far, mine has been perfect!
2015-7-6
Use props
duke
lvl.1

United States

This is my 3rd Phantom, and without a doubt it has given me more problems than the other 2 put together. DJI rushed this one out the door without testing it.

Mine was WONDERFUL until that last turd they called a "firmware update", now it's a $1,400 door stop. If DJI doesn't have their act together with a firmware upodate or rollback by the end of the week, I've instructed my credit card company to take the matter for me and reverse the charges because it's going BACK to the supplier, WITHOUT an RMA since they apparently won't answer their phones as they're getting too many complaints.

Cracked frames, straight out of the box?

Defective (cold) solder joints?

Bad SD card mounts?

Bad firmware?

No lens caps? really? REALLY?

I wish I had my old P2V+ back...besides opening to a "black screen" the first 3-4 times it had to be rebooted each time before it would work...at least it would fly without looking like it's going down a giant toilet every time you take your hands off the controller.
2015-7-6
Use props
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14495 ft
Denmark

For me:

Pros.
- Flying the thing is a no brainer - can´t be more simple than this. Let´s you focus on the filming part and not the flight.
- Image quality is stunning in Manual mode if you set your exposure correct.
- LOG mode is pretty solid to grade- RAW foto
- Lightbridge is awesome
- Battery "flight time" compared to other drones

Cons.
- Gimbal cover for transportation. Crap
- No lens cover. not  acceptable at this price point.
- Cracked airframes ??? not on mine but to many reports so it´s a big issue.
- At this price point it would have been nice to add a simple transportation bag

I need.
- Waypoint option in the pilot app like the vision series- Predifined camera/gimbal moves in the app - would be awesome

Excellent tool over all

2015-7-6
Use props
phillbarnes9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm loving mine I just wish they would let us have some spare bits like camera and gimbal
2015-7-6
Use props
kriley50
lvl.2

United States

When it works it's Awesome!   But sooner or later everyone hits one of these BUGS and your Phantom turns into a Doorstop!
2015-7-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules