1234Next >
22974 126 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

Hi,
yesterday I installed android 8 Oreo on my phone LG G6 and connection with RC (Mavic PRO) does not work. Before Oreo I had Android 7 Nougat and it works perfect.
With Oreo: after RC is turned ON mobile shows aplication choise every second, if I select DJI GO - aplication starts and shows I have phantom 4 PRO :-( There is no chance to connect Mavic with phone....... Litchi - no conection too. I tried both USB on RC. I tried factory reset on my phone. Works DJI for repair with Oreo issue ? Any idea ?
2018-5-30
Use props
Optimus Prime-Mavic Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

Try to remove DJI Go 4, clean up everything, enable usb debugging on your G6, reinstall app and turn on your rc first, connect to phone and allow all notification appears on app. also beware to pull down menu to see if your phone in charging mode only then you have to change it to MTP for example. Good luck
2018-5-30
Use props
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

I tried all the options for USB with debugging and without debugging. Aplication (DJI Go removed (cleaned) four times - always same issue. Problem is with Oreo :-( afternoon I will try downgrade my phone to Android 7 - if it fails..........the phone is new. Is here any chance DJI wil repair this problem with Oreo ?
2018-5-30
Use props
Hessju
lvl.1

Same problem here after android update yesterday (LG G6, Mavic PRO)
2018-5-30
Use props
samv
New
Flight distance : 79259 ft
Switzerland

same problem for me after this update
2018-5-30
Use props
Hessju
lvl.1

No fix for this, really???
2018-5-30
Use props
Hessju
lvl.1

So, do I have to buy another phone??? This is BS !
2018-5-30
Use props
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

Yesterday I downgraded my LG G6 to Android 7 Nougat via LGUP aplication with UPPERCUT. Now DJI GO and Mavic works perfect.  This is not optimal solution but is the fastes because I think DJI will not be quick to solve this problem :-( If anybody need help with LG G6 downgrade I can send LGUP and UPPERCUT software. Firmwares are available on this site : https://lg-firmwares.com/
2018-5-30
Use props
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

Here is the link for EU open firmware (no branded):     http://downloads.codefi.re/autop ... OPEN_EU_OP_0327.kdz
2018-5-30
Use props
Hessju
lvl.1

badboyM Posted at 2018-5-30 22:00
Yesterday I downgraded my LG G6 to Android 7 Nougat via LGUP aplication with UPPERCUT. Now DJI GO and Mavic works perfect.  This is not optimal solution but is the fastes because I think DJI will not be quick to solve this problem :-( If anybody need help with LG G6 downgrade I can send LGUP and UPPERCUT software. Firmwares are available on this site : https://lg-firmwares.com/

I would like to downgrade as well, how do to that?
2018-5-31
Use props
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before this procedure make a backup of your device (contacts, photos, music........) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Go to LG website and download LG mobile driver.
2) Download KDZ file for your mobile version.
3) Download LGUP and UPPERCUT (find with google or wait - I will send you afternoon - I am not home by my computer).
4) Install LG mobile USB driver (do not connect your mobile device).
5) Install LGUP software.
6) Turn OFF your mobile phone, if the phone is turned OFF push and hold VOLUME UP button + connect USB cable to your phone and PC - this will starts DOWNLOAD MODE on your phone.
7) Run UPPERCUT software - it will automatically runs LGUP (if installed).
8) On PC you should see LGUP window - select KDZ file and start update. During update do not turn off and do not disconnect the phone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9) After update the phone will automatically restart and boot up with "new" firmware and start installation like new device :-)
10) Update the phone to latest version, but the last update do not !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1.6GB - this is OREO !!!!!!!!
2018-5-31
Use props
Hessju
lvl.1

badboyM Posted at 2018-5-31 00:57
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! before this procedure make a backup of your device (contacts, photos, music........) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Go to LG website and download LG mobile driver.

It is now Android 7, works fine with drone, thank you for your help.
2018-5-31
Use props
andreascarfo
New
Italy

Hi all,
I'm from Italy.
I received Oreo Android 8.0.0 on my LG G6 yesterday and I have just done my first flight with my Spark without any problem.

So, for me everything it's all right.

I didn't use the cable between rc and phone.
2018-6-1
Use props
Joeflys
lvl.1
United States

Updated to Oreo on my LG G6 a couple weeks ago and am having the same exact problem I reallllly don't want to have to downgrade, I can't believe that's the only solution.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

I am sorry that you are having issues in connecting your mobile device ( LG G6 ) to your Mavic Pro. Unfortunately, the LG G6 is not yet on the recommended list of the mobile device for the Mavic pro. Using a non recommended mobile device can affect the performance of the Mavic Pro and some of the functions in the DJI Go 4 app.
2018-6-5
Use props
badboyM
lvl.2
Germany

This is not about the phone - this is about Android version - 7 works perfect, 8 does not work. I think DJI needs to find solution - because in the future will be many phones with android 8.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

badboyM Posted at 2018-6-5 20:56
This is not about the phone - this is about Android version - 7 works perfect, 8 does not work. I think DJI needs to find solution - because in the future will be many phones with android 8.

Sorry for the troubles. Our engineers are still working on compatibility with the latest Android OS, thanks for your attention.
2018-6-6
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

For all of you who believe your android phone is a simple device like a toaster and fail to understand how it interacts, sometimes unfavourably with your drone or just won't work properly, you need to expand your horizons and do some research.
This is what I found on a Samsung related site.
June 2018 security patch details released
The June 2018 patch brings fixes for five critical vulnerabilities that were discovered in Android last month, in addition to various moderate and high-risk vulnerabilities. The list of vulnerabilities that affect only Samsung’s software is rather short this time around, with only 3 Samsung Vulnerabilities and Exposures (SVE) items needing a fix, including one that can cause memory corruption. As usual, some vulnerabilities haven’t been disclosed on the official bulletin to make sure they aren’t taken advantage of before the latest security patch has been rolled out to all eligible devices.
2018-6-6
Use props
Jugo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30249 ft
Greece

Hi,I have the same problem after upgrading to Oreo. Can you please send me the links of all necessary software I will need to downgrade my Lg g6 to Android 7.
Thank you.
2018-6-7
Use props
Jugo
lvl.1
Greece

Hi, I have the same problem after upgrading to Oreo. Can you please send me the links of needed software for downgrading to Android 7. Is there any other solution than downgrading ?
2018-6-7
Use props
Jugo
lvl.1
Greece

Hi, I have the same problem after upgrading my Lg g6 to Oreo. Can you please send me the links of needed software for downgrading to Android 7.Thank you.
2018-6-7
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Go to your app settings and reset permissions on all apps. When you launch djigo, it should ask permission for USB device use by default. Please post if that works. I am on Nouget still. Thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Here is a repost from Poltergeist004 for a possible fix.    I'm using a Moto X4 on Project Fi (Not on the DJI supported device list but has always worked)  This is my first post and I wanted to post this in hopes that it might save someone a lot of trouble.  My Mavic Air was working great until I got the Android 8.0-8.1 updates.  I could connect the RC to the bird but couldn't get video.  I could connect via Wifi with my phone but then couldn't use the RC.  As of a few minutes ago, I can now connect the RC and see the video feed on the phone like it was before.  1. Enable developer mode in Android (Go to Settings, System, About Phone and click on the Build number 7 times) 2.  Go to Settings, System, then open Developer Mode 3. Scroll and  enable "USB Debugging"  Now here is the kicker that got it working because I already had USB Debugging enabled.  4. If you have a lock screen setup either via PIN or fingerprint you have to disable it. 5. Remove the lock screen and restart your phone.  Once I did that I turned the RC on and plugged in the USB cable and it prompted me to open with the DJI Go App.  I really hope this helps some of the Android Users because I've been troubleshooting it for a couple days and I'm a little peeved that it was the lock screen.
2018-6-7
Use props
Деян Хлебаров
New

Bulgaria

You can't be serious. I lost my whole day to roll back my phone to Android 7, because this is the only solution up to date?!! Your android application s&cks, that's the true. After a lot of disconnection problems, one of them nearly cost me losing the drone, finally it got fixed for a while. And now this!
2018-6-14
Use props
fansd6718804
New
Poland

When does DJI GO adapt its version to Android 8.0 ??
2018-6-15
Use props
speedster1
lvl.1
United States

Same thing with me.  I met a client yesterday to fly a site and didn't bring my iPad.  No worries I said, I'll use my G6.  Spent 30 minutes trying to determine why my phone was looping every second to a USB prompt.  Even tried Litchi and DH and was unable to fly.  Ruined my day.  I'm not reverting back to Android 7.  We should've have to do that.  
2018-6-15
Use props
Muchempo
lvl.2
United States

same here... galaxy S7 8.0 Oreo = live view heavy pixelation and disconnect and reconnect. I was able to control the AC. I've tried 3 different cables and both usb ports with no change. Removed GO4 App Reinstalled with no change in behavior. Finally was able to borrow an Iphone 6S from a friend to test with and pixelation goes away and view is crystal clear.
2018-6-18
Use props
Sander1377
New
Flight distance : 127106 ft

This is pretty ridiculous. Had me thinking there was something wrong with my drone at first. Then my phone. Then maybe the wire connecting my phone.

Thankfully, I have a spare LG G6 that I didn't upgrade to Android 8.0 sitting around and so when that phone worked but not my active LG G6 that I upgraded, I know it had to be Android 8.0 that was causing my issue. I guess for the time being, I'll just carry the spare phone in the drone case so that I have a device to fly my drone with.

Just really sucked cause I learned this the hard way being out in the mountains and not being able to get any awesome drone shots. What a waste of a trip. I was able to kinda eye it from the ground, but no epic videos.
2018-6-21
Use props
BigCatUSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248133 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem as everyone else after the Oreo update.  I tried the USB Debug and remove PIN/fingerprint...  seemed to work but the connection was very spotty with pixelated video.  Oddly enough, I tried an old Pixel 1 running a new Android P beta OS and it worked perfectly.  Obviously all this sucks cause I'd prefer to only have one device, on top of that, I missed an opportunity last weekend to take an important video over Laconia NH's bike week.  Oh well.

My NEXT and more important question:  Does anyone have a LG G7 ???  I want to upgrade to the new G7 but it seems we may not have luck with DJI supporting it.  

2018-6-21
Use props
Canote Films
lvl.1
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and my phone updated to OREO a few days ago. Since then my Phone preview/monitor/app has serious video transmission issues. It's glitchy, laggy and just plain pixelated as crap. Green lines, red lines, gray fuzz everywhere etc. It's unsafe to fly my drone. Now, today it is even disconnecting from the RC all the time.

I know for certain it is the OREO system update, because my wife has the same phone, and the DJI App and my Drone have ZERO video transmission issues.

Is there a way for me to DOWNGRADE from OREO TO NOUGAT??? Thanks!
2018-6-22
Use props
Canote Films
lvl.1
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, and my phone updated to OREO a few days ago. Since then my Phone preview/monitor/app has serious video transmission issues. It's glitchy, laggy and just plain pixelated as crap. Green lines, red lines, gray fuzz everywhere etc. It's unsafe to fly my drone. Now, today it is even disconnecting from the RC all the time.  I know for certain it is the OREO system update, because my wife has the same phone, and the DJI App and my Drone have ZERO video transmission issues.   Is there a way for me to DOWNGRADE from OREO TO NOUGAT??? Thanks!
2018-6-22
Use props
Canote Films
lvl.1
United States

Muchempo Posted at 2018-6-18 12:23
same here... galaxy S7 8.0 Oreo = live view heavy pixelation and disconnect and reconnect. I was able to control the AC. I've tried 3 different cables and both usb ports with no change. Removed GO4 App Reinstalled with no change in behavior. Finally was able to borrow an Iphone 6S from a friend to test with and pixelation goes away and view is crystal clear.

I'm having the EXACT same issue. I even took it to a Drone Shop, bc I thought my gimbal was bad from a minor crash 3 weeks ago. NOPE. I spent $100 for a CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH.

After getting home, I realized my SD card was recording smooth video, but my phone monitor/app was glitchy like yours.

I know it's the OREO update and App b/c my wife has the same S7 phone as I do, and she has NOT upgraded to OREO yet, and my drone flys just fine, and there is NO interference etc! Smooth as butter.

I don't know what to do.. I have a big shoot this weekend in St. Louis and I'm afraid to even shoot now.
2018-6-22
Use props
fans0dabf71a
lvl.1

OK, I also have the same issue, so I contacted the DJI online help guys/gals, and they got my LG G6 with Oreo to work.  First I had to remove the app, then power down my phone.  After that I uploaded the app for Android again.  Turned on the RC, then the Drone, then the app.  It worked.
Well after turning everything off, and thanking them for their help.  I went to my shoot and low and behold IT DIDN'T WORK.  App would not connect.
This has happened twice, and I missed out on two important shoots.
Next thing to do is figure out how to go back a version of Android.  I am not going to buy a new phone, and I hope this next bit of work to downgrade my phone makes a difference.
2018-6-25
Use props
Weera
New
Flight distance : 6680 ft
Canada

Man, after waiting for months to get Oreo on my LG G6, I was super excited to get it.
Now I just wanna smash the phone because DJI app doesnt work.
I hope there is a solution soon.

How do we know when a resolution is found?
2018-6-26
Use props
Joeflys
lvl.1
United States

Weera Posted at 2018-6-26 08:30
Man, after waiting for months to get Oreo on my LG G6, I was super excited to get it.
Now I just wanna smash the phone because DJI app doesnt work.
I hope there is a solution soon.

I know this only helps if you have an old phone lying around, but I've been using my LG G4 to control my Mavic ever since the Oreo G6 debacle. Deleted most the apps off the G4 and run it in Airplane mode so it runs pretty smoothly. Not holding my breath for a fix from DJI anytime soon, their official response is "tough luck, maybe we'll fix it one day..."
2018-6-27
Use props
fans746fa82a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4524 ft
Germany

Hi!

I had this Problem, too.

My LG G6 wasn't able to connect with my Dji Mavic Pro.
I found out, that the "Data Saver" in Android was activated.
If the Data Saver is activated the LG isn't able to connect with the mavic Pro. Bluetooth Tethering and WIFI Hotspot ist also not working with data Saver on.

I hope I could help you

Greetings from Germany
2018-6-28
Use props
mystery.tipster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181270 ft
United Kingdom

Latest DJI Go 4 update seems to have solved the problem
2018-6-29
Use props
Jupami
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88140 ft
Spain

mystery.tipster Posted at 2018-6-29 08:53

Please can anybody confirm.  I have same problem with my Spark.

Thks
2018-6-29
Use props
poprocksA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209298 ft
United States

mystery.tipster Posted at 2018-6-29 08:53

Latest update I see is from beginning of June and didn't resolve the issue for me.
2018-6-30
Use props
fans542cded2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169491 ft
United States

Hi, same problem with my oreo G6 and my Mavic Pro... Come on Dji, do something!
2018-6-30
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules