Video drop out at 600m ???
695 2 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So today I had perfect weather so thought I'd try flying a bit further than I normally would. I got to 600m and the video suddenly dropped. There were a lot of trees between me and the P3' but when you're suddenly flying blind, it is a brown trouser moment! It was hard to tell initially if I still had control or I was victim to one of the power fail disappearances that I've read about. I tried reversing to see if I could get the video back and luckily I did.
Thinking about it afterwards I know I could have hit RTH, but Home Lock would have been better! Anyone know timescales on this and the other features? I guess not, but hopefully soon please DJI!
Here is my flight path... Video dropped out where it is on the pic around 600m. Is this what you would expect through trees at 50m?
Otherwise very happy with my P3
image.jpg
2015-5-13
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I flew 5500 feet out today (roughly a mile. My first real distance to note) in a densely populated tree area. I had an altitude of approx. 300 feet to achieve that distance. I believe I lost video and flight control at same time. I understand the brown trouser moment as it took what seemed like forever to reconnect to the fpv. It was on like clockwork however. I could see her returning home in a straight line like a trusty ol' hound. she soared right up and landed a mere 2 feet from it's start. Pretty darn impressive to say the least.
2015-5-13
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I flew 5500 feet out today (roughly a mile. My first real distance to note) in a densely populated tree area. I had an altitude of approx. 300 feet to achieve that distance. I believe I lost video and flight control at same time. I understand the brown trouser moment as it took what seemed like forever to reconnect to the fpv. It was on like clockwork however. I could see her returning home in a straight line like a trusty ol' hound. She soared right up and landed a mere 2 feet from it's start. Pretty darn impressive to say the least.
2015-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules