Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-30 04:58
Haha  yeah, there are quite benevolent. If it's for recreation purposes only, you don't need any registration, permit or anything else. If it's UAV under 0,91Kg (Spark, MA, MP) then you can fly up to 1500m horizontal and 300m vertical, but always in VLOS

I figure czech’s must eat all their carrots if they all can see a 6 inch drone at 1500m , my guess is Czech Republic will fall into line with new EASA rules which are reckoned to be very similar to New UK rules, manned aviation in CR follow the rules of EASA as they are today, and I expect they will adopt their rules in the near future.
2018-5-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 14:45
I checked this out , it’s 1km outside normal NFZ set down by CAA for all airports, class A 10km NFZ from 0 to 2500 ft and your drone further 1km, except with specific operation permit and permission from ATC. so it’s basically the same as dji’s NFZ that’s already in place, Rules in general seem fair and not a whole lot of change for those who fly within present rules.

One thing will be interesting will CAA expect dji to cap all drones at 120 metres or leave Aircraft open to fly to 500 metres as it is now.

Thanks for that - that makes more sense. So the No fly zone is the boundary rather than the physical wall of the airport.
With regards to the 500m vs. 120m DJI may argue that the pilot has to agree to a disclaimer and as the altitude is assessed against the homepoint allowing 500m is for the pilot to ascend over an inclined terrain such as a hill or side of mountain so whilst the drone may be 1640' above the home point displayed in the app it may still only be 100m above the ground if flying directly over say a 400m hill. Perhaps a NFZ type authorisation may be inforced in the future for wanting/needing to exceed 400' AGL
2018-5-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 14:51
I figure czech’s must eat all their carrots if they all can see a 6 inch drone at 1500m , my guess is Czech Republic will fall into line with new EASA rules which are reckoned to be very similar to New UK rules, manned aviation in CR follow the rules of EASA as they are today, and I expect they will adopt their rules in the near future.

2018-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

A CW Posted at 2018-5-30 14:51
Thanks for that - that makes more sense. So the No fly zone is the boundary rather than the physical wall of the airport.
With regards to the 500m vs. 120m DJI may argue that the pilot has to agree to a disclaimer and as the altitude is assessed against the homepoint allowing 500m is for the pilot to ascend over an inclined terrain such as a hill or side of mountain so whilst the drone may be 1640' above the home point displayed in the app it may still only be 100m above the ground if flying directly over say a 600m hill. Perhaps a NFZ type authorisation may be inforced in the future for wanting/needing to exceed 400' AGL

Yeah I hope it stays that way, and although you will still get the idiots who will abuse it, it will be needed for situations you mention.
2018-5-30
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 14:51

Yea it's totally possible. These rules are more like recommendation and in reality nobody enforcing them in CZ to be honest.
2018-5-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 14:37
“it feels like more and more of my private hobbies are eroding and less and less private... “

I’m not sure I read this right surely when you take your drone outside the parameters of your own home /land, you are now entering public/private owned property, why do you presume this to be only effecting your privacy?

Just venting about it.   I personally don’t feel like you should have to register and open up everything for government to know what I do in my spare time.  Obviously within certain amount of reason I accept it needing to register certain things.. but not everything..specially if it’s on private property.  

But Here is the thought process I’m using:

if I can own a car and drive it only on private property (my own or with permissions) without registering it or getting titles or anything including even a license or passing a test ever..  why should I need to get a drone registered or pass a flying test if I’m only going to be privately flying it... that’s my argument..
2018-5-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-30 23:41
Just venting about it.   I personally don’t feel like you should have to register and open up everything for government to know what I do in my spare time.  Obviously within certain amount of reason I accept it needing to register certain things.. but not everything..specially if it’s on private property.  

But Here is the thought process I’m using:

Yes that i agree with but if you want to take your car out on public roads you are expextecd to have a licence drive within the rules of the road.
The same if you take your drone from private land to public land you are expected to respect the rules. Im not sure but i think in America the FAA may control all the airspace including over private property, so this may cause a problem when flying over your own private property, but as i said im not sure what that situation is in the US
2018-5-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 23:50
Yes that i agree with but if you want to take your car out on public roads you are expextecd to have a licence drive within the rules of the road.
The same if you take your drone from private land to public land you are expected to respect the rules. Im not sure but i think in America the FAA may control all the airspace including over private property, so this may cause a problem when flying over your own private property, but as i said im not sure what that situation is in the US

Luckily the US isn’t enforcing anything as of now.  And every one I encountered with law enforcement really isn’t ontop of the policies or laws reguarding drones.  

Given how clueless police in the US seem to be on drone laws, our  incident rates incredibly low given the population and the “hold my beer and watch this”  attitude towards things.
2018-5-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-5-30 23:53
Luckily the US isn’t enforcing anything as of now.  And every one I encountered with law enforcement really isn’t ontop of the policies or laws reguarding drones.  

“hold my beer and watch this”

That did make me laugh - so true!
2018-5-31
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

A CW Posted at 2018-5-30 04:06
It's an on line test mate - basic stuff which you should already know having read the drone code. 150m from congested areas, maintain VLOS etc etc - you don't need to do a PFCO unless you intend to fly for commercial purposes but that is already the case anyway.

Thanks. I was already reaching for my tinfoil hat...
2018-5-31
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-30 14:45
I checked this out , it’s 1km outside normal NFZ set down by CAA for all airports, class A 10km NFZ from 0 to 2500 ft and your drone further 1km, except with specific operation permit and permission from ATC. so it’s basically the same as dji’s NFZ that’s already in place, Rules in general seem fair and not a whole lot of change for those who fly within present rules.

One thing will be interesting will CAA expect dji to cap all drones at 120 metres or leave Aircraft open to fly to 500 metres as it is now.

Afternoon Hallmark
Where did you check out the proximity to the NFZ as opposed to a physical boundary? The CAA website is only talking about the use of geofencing but doesn't actually stipulate the precise definition of distance...

Cheers,
Ian
2018-5-31
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Why is every Country proposing his own rules? Should it be easier to agree and follow one law in general. F.I. rules for flying drones should be composed by the European Union for Europe, the FAA for whole the US, and so on. Netherlands is also busy to set up their own rules. We know already the flight brevet light and the  brevet for commercial flights. Only to get such a certificate will cost a lot of money and is not interesting for "fun" flyers. But as we see a couple of weeks ago, one drone pilot flies in dark at night in an aviation route where planes entering the Dutch airspace at 1,5 Km high en was spotted by the Captain of this plane, who reported this incident at the Dutch officials. Those stupid peoples destroy all the fun for all the ones who are serious and sadly, making rules necessary   
2018-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Wellsi Posted at 2018-5-31 10:36
Afternoon Hallmark
Where did you check out the proximity to the NFZ as opposed to a physical boundary? The CAA website is only talking about the use of geofencing but doesn't actually stipulate the precise definition of distance...

I have it on aeronautical map for all Irish and UK airports , and have had them since I done commercial exam, all major airports are ring fenced  and clearly marked on these maps and  including military bases, you can purchase these on line , they are proper detailed maps . 4 ft high x 3 ft and carry all aero nautical information and boundaries set by your aviation and ATC.

I’m away in Sweden at the moment but if you want a link to place to purchase them I’ll be home next Tuesday .

2018-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Wellsi Posted at 2018-5-31 10:36
Afternoon Hallmark
Where did you check out the proximity to the NFZ as opposed to a physical boundary? The CAA website is only talking about the use of geofencing but doesn't actually stipulate the precise definition of distance...

https://www.flightstore.co.uk/pi ... c2/uk-vfr-charts-c3

Found a link, these are very detailed maps, with some great information.
2018-5-31
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-31 11:09
https://www.flightstore.co.uk/pilot-supplies-c1/charts-c2/uk-vfr-charts-c3

Found a link, these are very detailed maps, with some great information.

Thanks gents

Well, I guess my video is not technically wrong as I only mention the boundary, not a physical bit of chainmail fencing

Cheers
Ian
2018-5-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

driverseat Posted at 2018-5-31 10:44
Why is every Country proposing his own rules? Should it be easier to agree and follow one law in general. F.I. rules for flying drones should be composed by the European Union for Europe, the FAA for whole the US, and so on. Netherlands is also busy to set up their own rules. We know already the flight brevet light and the  brevet for commercial flights. Only to get such a certificate will cost a lot of money and is not interesting for "fun" flyers. But as we see a couple of weeks ago, one drone pilot flies in dark at night in an aviation route where planes entering the Dutch airspace at 1,5 Km high en was spotted by the Captain of this plane, who reported this incident at the Dutch officials. Those stupid peoples destroy all the fun for all the ones who are serious and sadly, making rules necessary

A universal, international set of laws would be easier to manage and understand but each country obviously has their own laws, culture and constitution and thus governs their own airspace accordingly.
2018-5-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Wellsi Posted at 2018-5-31 11:47
Thanks gents

Well, I guess my video is not technically wrong as I only mention the boundary, not a physical bit of chainmail fencing

I don’t believe you said anything wrong, and it will be 1km outside CAA controlled airspace, most if not all of these NFZ’s are already in your app so no change there, I believe all European aviation authorities will expect drone manufacturers to only supply drones/apps with their countries NFZ embedded in app being used.

However having attended some meetings and being a part of an Irish delegation taking part in discussions with EASA on the new safety rules for drones/SUA’s coming later this year or early next year, the overwhelming impression from EASA the body that all European aviation bodies for manned aircraft use to maintain all safety aspects of flying manned aircraft in Europe was that they are both excited and extremely open to the growth in unmanned aircraft and the need NOT to apply extra restrictions on drone users both commercial and hobbyists .

It is also not a coincidence that Uk rules just announced are almost identical to those that have been put forward by EASA .

The impressions I came away with from the 3 meetings I attended was that those involved in the safety of manned aircraft were in no way trying to restrict the flying of drones in Europe and very much wanted to be involved in the potential uses of flying drones throughout Europe both commercial and hobbyists.
Nothing I heard was a them against us scenario, but more about how they could help us have a better experience flying throughout Europe, And Brexit will not have any effect on either the safety of manned or SUA aircraft.
2018-5-31
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for your comment and explanation. I'ts now very clear to me. thanks again.
2018-5-31
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-5-31 16:10
I don’t believe you said anything wrong, and it will be 1km outside CAA controlled airspace, most if not all of these NFZ’s are already in your app so no change there, I believe all European aviation authorities will expect drone manufacturers to only supply drones/apps with their countries NFZ embedded in app being used.

However having attended some meetings and being a part of an Irish delegation taking part in discussions with EASA on the new safety rules for drones/SUA’s coming later this year or early next year, the overwhelming impression from EASA the body that all European aviation bodies for manned aircraft use to maintain all safety aspects of flying manned aircraft in Europe was that they are both excited and extremely open to the growth in unmanned aircraft and the need NOT to apply extra restrictions on drone users both commercial and hobbyists .

That is really good to read.  I mentioned in my video that we seem to have an uphill battle with the pilot's union, but despite that, the CAA and the people piecing these rules together seem to be solidly basing their decisions on facts, not scaremongering.
Interesting that the approach is very much to push drones in the direction of all requiring an app in order to fly any distance, in order to make use of gps-based geofencing and databases of NFZs as well.
As said, all reasonable and sensible stuff IMHO.

cheers
Ian
2018-6-1
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-6-1 01:55
That is really good to read.  I mentioned in my video that we seem to have an uphill battle with the pilot's union, but despite that, the CAA and the people piecing these rules together seem to be solidly basing their decisions on facts, not scaremongering.
Interesting that the approach is very much to push drones in the direction of all requiring an app in order to fly any distance, in order to make use of gps-based geofencing and databases of NFZs as well.
As said, all reasonable and sensible stuff IMHO.

Just seen your vid - good work mate!
2018-6-1
Use props
Wellsi
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-1 10:53
Just seen your vid - good work mate!

Cheers squire!  As I say in the video, it's actually all good stuff they're proposing.  A proper, appropriate and tailored approach, wanting to make use of geofencing and technology, based on scientific evidence rather than a knee-jerk reactionary approach pandering to the constant scaremongering of the pilots union.

Ian
2018-6-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wellsi Posted at 2018-6-2 00:04
Cheers squire!  As I say in the video, it's actually all good stuff they're proposing.  A proper, appropriate and tailored approach, wanting to make use of geofencing and technology, based on scientific evidence rather than a knee-jerk reactionary approach pandering to the constant scaremongering of the pilots union.

Ian

I agree mate - it could have been much worse.
2018-6-2
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

For some reason I get an impression of witnessing the events of 100 years back, when one was required to acquire a driver's licence and a license plate for bicycles, while nowadays 6yo kids ride their unlicensed bikes to school every morning
Practically, though, a drone pilot test is a good thing - at least it will force pilots wannabe to become aware of the safety rules.
The downside is the cross-border acceptance. With your driver's license and your own car you can drive pretty much in every country without having to re-pass the test and re-register your car (at least in case of a short stay). Same should be for drones.
It should also be possible to, for example, rent a drone in UK if you have a drone pilot license from another country - again, same as with cars.
2018-6-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BumblerBee Posted at 2018-6-2 23:36
For some reason I get an impression of witnessing the events of 100 years back, when one was required to acquire a driver's licence and a license plate for bicycles, while nowadays 6yo kids ride their unlicensed bikes to school every morning
Practically, though, a drone pilot test is a good thing - at least it will force pilots wannabe to become aware of the safety rules.
The downside is the cross-border acceptance. With your driver's license and your own car you can drive pretty much in every country without having to re-pass the test and re-register your car (at least in case of a short stay). Same should be for drones.

I agree - it was around that time that people thought you would explode if you drove faster than 6MPH too LOL Now they think anyone with a drone is a criminal or creep rather than an aerial photographer or videographer.

Public perceptions and awareness evolves with time - it just takes some a little longer than others to actually get it and adapt to change. The great news about these changes is that it indirectly states by the British Government that drones are staying. They are not being banned. They are legal devices to be enjoyed safely. They are amazing technology to be invested in. People who use them irresponsibly will be punished and rightly so IMO.

The less 'incidents' that drives forward the quicker public perception will change and who knows - perhaps one day I will be able to legally fly a drone over the city where I live (London) or even be flown by a drone... but that is a long time coming.
2018-6-2
Use props
Yachtsman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 605466 ft
United Kingdom

Full detail here:-

https://www.gov.uk/government/ne ... tion-for-passengers
2018-6-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Glad that's come out now. I prefer that as the media often makes things up.
2018-6-3
Use props
TheFlyingSquirrel
New
United Kingdom

Hello all. I'm (as probably expected) interested in staying 100% legal. I fly my drone as respectfully as possible. I want any people that might be walking nearby to be obvlious to the quadcopter flight taking place.

I would like to know if the dronecode contents are written in to law or if that is currently a best practice/common sense guide?

I'm aware the 400ft height and 1km distance from an airport are coming in to law soon but what about the other items within the dronecode?

For example the 150m from a built up area and 50m from people and property? Is that currently law or is it, at this stage, best practice guidelines?

Thanks in advance.
2018-6-11
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
Denmark

Am happy about these rules coming into law, however what concerns me is that people will see this as a money making scheme. We all know that over here in the UK that anytime anything like this is enforced that the sharks start circling and get ready to charge insanely high prices.

Here is hoping that the prices are fixed and not open to the sharks.
2018-6-11
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its not a big thing PROVIDED they don't seek to profiteer from the registration.  Given the governments track record i full expect that to be the case.  £5 or so will be acceptable.  £25 or £50 clearly wont be.
A sensible admin fee is fine but somehow i think they'll up it a lot over that.  Look at the absolute ripoff PfCO is currently!

The VLOS thing means googles are still going to be illegal (with big fines this time).  I'd like the 50m/150m limits reduced for small lightweight drones as well but no mention.

2018-6-11
Use props
Arcicorsa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 235892 ft

Axeli Posted at 2018-5-30 15:35
Yea it's totally possible. These rules are more like recommendation and in reality nobody enforcing them in CZ to be honest.

Sorry, ale meleš tady nesmysly... Pokud máš copteru s GPS a možností autonomního letu (což MA je) tak pro tebe není Doplněk X doporučením nýbrž nařízením... Doporučuji si pořádně nastudovat legislativu v ČR... A dále bude vstupovat v platnost toto: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... %20No%2001-2018.pdf v CELÉ EU... Takže se tě bude týkat vše co zde bylo zmíněno ať se ti to líbí nebo ne...

Translate to EN:

I'm sorry, but You say nonsense... If you have Copter with a GPS and autonomous flight option (which is the MA), so for you, Supplement X is not a recommendation but a regulation ... I recommend you study the legislation in the Czech Republic ... And then it will enter this is valid at https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites ... %20No%2001-2018.pdf in the WHOLE EU ... So it will cover everything that has been mentioned here do you like it or not ...
2018-6-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheFlyingSquirrel Posted at 2018-6-11 07:43
Hello all. I'm (as probably expected) interested in staying 100% legal. I fly my drone as respectfully as possible. I want any people that might be walking nearby to be obvlious to the quadcopter flight taking place.

I would like to know if the dronecode contents are written in to law or if that is currently a best practice/common sense guide?

Check out the air navigation act - details are listed on the UK CAA website - that act is the law in black and white. The drone code is taken from it but has changed some of the directives to be more guideline based for increased safety. Some of the guidelines are being changed though to be written into law as part of the laws being imposed next year such as making the altitude AGL limit officially 400' from what is currently 1000'.
2018-6-11
Use props
Axeli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 339416 ft
Czechia

Arcicorsa Posted at 2018-6-11 11:16
Sorry, ale meleš tady nesmysly... Pokud máš copteru s GPS a možností autonomního letu (což MA je) tak pro tebe není Doplněk X doporučením nýbrž nařízením... Doporučuji si pořádně nastudovat legislativu v ČR... A dále bude vstupovat v platnost toto: https://www.easa.europa.eu/sites/default/files/dfu/Opinion%20No%2001-2018.pdf v CELÉ EU... Takže se tě bude týkat vše co zde bylo zmíněno ať se ti to líbí nebo ne...

Translate to EN:

And yet it's still a recommendation, do you get it Mr. Literal? Enforcing law in CZ is far more different from US/UK.
2018-6-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

gnirtS Posted at 2018-6-11 09:27
Its not a big thing PROVIDED they don't seek to profiteer from the registration.  Given the governments track record i full expect that to be the case.  £5 or so will be acceptable.  £25 or £50 clearly wont be.
A sensible admin fee is fine but somehow i think they'll up it a lot over that.  Look at the absolute ripoff PfCO is currently!

We'll have to see exactly what's written into the laws regarding FPV & VLOS, but currently it is not illegal to use Goggles if you have a spotter standing beside you with VLOS of the aircraft. I don't expect much will change there.
2018-6-13
Use props
karl101
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213520 ft
United Kingdom

They could use a model similar to that ofcom uses to manage Radio Amateur licenses, it is relatively straight forward, pain free and when done online is free.  The RSGB manage the exams and local clubs provide training and examinations. Once you have passed the test you apply for a licence online, although for a Drone the test won't need to be so technical and should be much simpler.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage- ... /amateur-radio-info
http://rsgb.org/main/clubs-training/for-students/advanced/

I take it that it is the person that will be licensed rather than the drone.

Karl.
2018-6-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you found a link to where you need to register or what date this comes into effect

https://www.gov.uk/government/ne ... tion-for-passengers

Register it where, I can see a page saying register it here?
2018-6-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2018-6-13 06:05
Have you found a link to where you need to register or what date this comes into effect

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-drone-laws-bring-added-protection-for-passengers

Ok I just read this part
These requirements will come into force on 30 November 2019.
2018-6-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2018-6-13 06:05

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-drone-laws-bring-added-protection-for-passengers

I believe registration will begin in July 2019 with a deadline for all drones in the UK to be registered by 30 November 2019. Nothing has been announced as to how you register but I suspect this will be an online process via the CAA or UKgov.
2018-6-13
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 2018-6-13 06:09
I believe registration will begin in July 2019 with a deadline for all drones in the UK to be registered by 30 November 2019. Nothing has been announced as to how you register but I suspect this will be an online process via the CAA or UKgov.

Ok thought so, better get some training booked for next year, someone going to earn some cash running these courses
2018-6-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 2018-6-14 03:29
Ok thought so, better get some training booked for next year, someone going to earn some cash running these courses

The test will be a quick online test similar to the DJI one i.e. max flight altitude, how close to an airport etc. You won't have to gain a pfco qualification (take a course) if flying as a hobbyist. pfco is only required for commercial operations.
2018-6-14
Use props
Ross1154
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64383 ft
United Kingdom

I think these new laws are pretty acceptable. Who can see a drone thats 300m plus in the sky anyway
2018-6-14
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules