Power Director
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Owl311
New

Hi everyone... sorry for the newbie question, but the more I look around and research this issue, the more I find it is may not such a newbie question after all lol.  I have a Phantom 4, I shoot in 4k.   I would like to use Power Director 16 to edit the video files ....  knowing I need to convert them from h.264 before I do this...  what converter (transcodor) would you all recommend.  I have Brorsoft Video Converter but it works 50/50.   I have seen some of you that use Power Director on here that have amazing video...   I am sure I am just  not getting the right codec in... but new and not understanding and asking for helps from you all....   seems like such an easy question but I have yet to get an answer that will give my 4k video the look it has when exported as it does when shot on the SD card....  thanks all!
2018-5-30
Use props
Håkan K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

You can import h.264 directly into PD. If you have issues with that I suggest the cyberlink community.
2018-5-30
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The video in your cache is low res.
2018-5-30
Use props
Rexster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2740 ft
United States

There's no need to convert anything. PD can import just about everything. I take the 4K video straight from the memory card and import it. PD gives you the choice to save in 264 or 265. I also have Premiere but with PD the interface is so much easier.
2018-5-30
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Rexster Posted at 2018-5-30 10:33
There's no need to convert anything. PD can import just about everything. I take the 4K video straight from the memory card and import it. PD gives you the choice to save in 264 or 265. I also have Premiere but with PD the interface is so much easier.

Agreed. PD is the way to go for video editing IMHO, Import directly. I always downsize to 1920-1080 for storage and time reasons.
2018-5-30
Use props
Owl311
New

m1shootr Posted at 2018-5-30 16:54
Agreed. PD is the way to go for video editing IMHO, Import directly. I always downsize to 1920-1080 for storage and time reasons.

Why is it when I take it straight off the mem card ( i record at 4k 30fps)  it looks very downgraded and fence lines and roof tops have what appears to be dancing ants?
2018-5-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Owl311 Posted at 2018-5-30 18:56
Why is it when I take it straight off the mem card ( i record at 4k 30fps)  it looks very downgraded and fence lines and roof tops have what appears to be dancing ants?

That effect is called 'aliasing' and most likely is caused by not having a true 4K resolution monitor to play the files on.
2018-5-30
Use props
m1shootr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118894 ft
United States

Owl311 Posted at 2018-5-30 18:56

I have the same problem with stills if viewing them on Microsoft photos directly from the card. But, once I import photos into Lightroom the problem goes away. I think if you run the videos through a video editor the problem will go away. Keep us posted.
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We recommend using the VLC player. However, most computers do not support H265 hardware decoding. Make sure your computer supports H265 and 4K hardware decoding for resolutions greater than or equal to 4K, otherwise, the player may freeze.
2018-5-31
Use props
HoraceSmith
lvl.1

Denmark

You can install powerdirector pro mod apk version at TechBigs.Com to edit your favorite videos to become unique and quality.
2021-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules