Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When to expect Mavic Air fw update?
7401 110 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-8 15:04
You might consider contacting the OPs of those threads and anybody who posted similar problems in those threads and ask for Manufacturing Date of their Mavic Airs.  
Then add those Mfg Dates to your issue list thread.

Good advice,

Might actually do that this weekend, though expecting pushback and additional name calling from Captain around here
2018-6-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-6-1 09:57
I am really happy to read several have had positive experiences after calibrating everything. I will give calibration another try for sure and hope to have the same luck and plan to fly this weekend. I have to admit I have not re-calibrated everything after I installed latest iOS 11.4 or DJI Go4 4.2.16.

My original hope with starting this thread, was to have DJI answer the WHEN and WHAT to expect questions. As DJI has confirmed they are working on an update some 3 weeks ago to be released "soon", my hope was they could bring some light to this. Re-calibrating everything with every new app release may be the answer, even if I believe the root cause is something else. Being a software developer myself, I don't believe ANY software have zero defects. With many thousands lines of code, it's so easy to miss a tiny link or reference, accidentally create a small memory leak etc, especially since there are so many variables to consider.

There is a misconception here regarding firmware, firmware won’t change your IMU or compass settings , there is no need to calibrate either compass or IMU after FW update, think of it like this , if you have a good compass and good IMU calibration will not make them any better, but particularly with IMU calibration if not done correctly ie on a very level surface and in a cold state, will almost certainly cause both irregular aircraft attitude and inconsistent yawing and tilting, so regards calibration only do if your values in your app show that there is a problem, you can calibrate your compass but again it’s almost impossible to make a good compass better by calibration,
Calibration of vision sensors, again FW will not change the values of vision sensors, but if you think you need to calibrate them it’s fine.
2018-6-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Canada

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-8 15:09
Good advice,

Might actually do that this weekend, though expecting pushback and additional name calling from Captain around here

Of course he will.  That's his thing.  He gets off on it!
It's also kind of a god complex thing.

I plan to do a follow up test in a few days suggested by SparksBird (credit where its due); and I have no doubt he will Trash that follow up.
2018-6-8
Use props
dont slow down
lvl.4
Flight distance : 574977 ft

I'm at about the end of my chain with the mavic air. Between the video transmission issues and the firmware issues DJI better fix this drone soon or I'm done. Luckily I'm downgraded to.200 before 400 was released. But if the next firmware update doesn't solve these problems I'm done with the air. It's a great drone and I want to love it more than my phantom 3, but until it can perform it will be my red headed step child.
2018-6-9
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1 DJI officer recommendet to update IOS to 11.4..for safe flight...I do not know exactly where it was...
and the Go4 app .020 is released I updated too...
it remains.....exciting..hope next flight tomorrow everything OK
2018-6-9
Use props
Free2be
lvl.3
Flight distance : 229570 ft

The current version of DJI GO 4 app, I'm running: 4.2.26 (31138)
I think this is the last version.
2018-6-9
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Oh!!! Ok..this i do not know also IOS......
may be here in germany updates comes some times later.....
2018-6-9
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

More than a month without any official communication.
The problems occurred by the firmw 0400 are treated as minority, when they are not regarded as user error.

In the business world there is a saying:
"A satisfied customer attracts more 5. An unsatisfied customer pushes out 10"
2018-6-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 2018-6-12 17:11
The problems occurred by the firmw 0400 are treated as minority, when they are not regarded as user error.

If I am finally understanding hallmark007's position, those having .0400 firmware problems need to chill out and simply wait it out.  

As someone said, one of these days he is going to get severely bit by some problem, and a lot of people are going relish in Karma.
2018-6-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not to sure if your math will have a negative effect on dji.
If 5% of 100 are not satisfied, then they will lose 50 customers
If 95% of 100 are satisfied they will gain 380 customers
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 08:33
I’m not to sure if your math will have a negative effect on dji.
If 5% of 100 are not satisfied, then they will lose 50 customers
If 95% of 100 are satisfied they will gain 380 customers

But that is the beginning of the end of any company.
Because it is, in principle, irrelevant, administrators only notice when it is too late

2018-6-13
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

Two other people within 20 miles of me have Mavic airs. One doesn’t have yaw issues but has disconnect issues. Mine and the other air have yaw and drifting problems but no disconnect issues. He is correct in saying that the imu and vps isn’t changed by a firmware update BUT the communication between them can be changed by a firmware update. Which seems to be the problem. I think dji should not run a basic firmware for all of them. There should be a firmware specific to the hardware ,when hardware is changed from one manufacturer to another a firmware should be made for those parts. I also think dji should leave it open to the end user to what firmware works best with their drone and leave it at that. If my drone flew best and most reliable on firmware 300 then it should be my choice to be able to use that firmware.
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Putting break over point around 33% dissatisfied vs. 67% satisfied.
Dissatisfied: 33*10= 330  / Satisfied: 67*5= 335
Dissatisfied: 34*10= 340  / Satisfied: 66*5= 330
UPDATE: If you include disastified customer leaving, break point is lowered.

Here are 4 of 15 enlightening stats from business world:    15 Statistics That Should Change The Business World – But Haven't

It takes 12 positive experiences to make up for one unresolved negative experience – “Understanding Customers” by Ruby Newell-Legner.
Price is not the main reason for customer churn, it is actually due to the overall poor quality of customer service – Accenture global customer satisfaction report 2008.
A dissatisfied customer will tell between 9-15  people about their experience. Around 13% of dissatisfied customers tell  more than 20 people. – White House Office of Consumer Affairs.

And when it comes to argument that Threads here asking for buying input are heavily weighted by complainers, in that only those who have had problems Post about problems...
For every customer complaint there are 26 other unhappy customers who have remained silentLee Resource.

UPDATE:
Another interesting tidbit of business info:  Competitive Advantages through Customer Satisfaction
It is estimated that one dissatisfied customer takes the profitability  out of five satisfied customers. Unfortunately, this is hidden and  dispersed throughout the organization, and therefore, not notices by top  management.

2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 12:08

Now honestly, can it be that you have developed some kind of obsession with Mavic Air without owning one and DJI in general on top of it? I sincerely apologise, but I can't help getting this impression heavily over the last week or so.
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-13 12:16
Now honestly, can it be that you have developed some kind obsession with Mavic Air without owning one and DJI in general on top of it? I sincerely apologise, but I can't help getting this impression heavily over the last week or so.

When was it written that a person has to own a specific model of some company's product to have an interest in problems with other models of said company?
2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 12:34
When was it written that a person has to own a specific model of some company's product to have an interest in problems with other models of said company?

It is written nowhere, but your behaviour patterns in this forum are becoming increasingly noticable for even very friendly minded other forum members. There seem to be also other factors that you might wish to consider addressing as well.
And to put this straight from the outset! I have no other role in this forum as you have. I am a simple member like all others. The only thing I am trying to do here is providing you friendly feedback on my personal perceptions.
2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 10:31
But that is the beginning of the end of any company.
Because it is, in principle, irrelevant, administrators only notice when it is too late

I think to be fair about it, dji is a company 10 years old much of us who have been around to see there exponential growth in what is basically a brand new consumer technology, through all those 10 years much improvements have been seen by their original consumers, in the beginning service was pretty appalling but has improved year on year alongside some fantastic products affordable for all, yes maybe more resources went in to developing great technology and service suffered, but it was clearly the right approach for them and their customers who simply can’t get enough of dji products, and providing great products is what their customers want, this is born out by their growth to almost 80% of the worlds drone market. It’s very hard to argue against such success and the way they have run such a successful company.
In the last two years , we have seen a huge effort made in both service and customer service, nobody will ever be fully happy with everything they do and the manner they do it, but as one who has known of dji and buying their products for many years I have seen huge efforts by them to improve service and customer service, for new customers dji are always being compared to the likes of Apple who have undoubtedly one of the best Customer service in the world.

But if you take a company like Apple and look back to their record in their first 15 years, you will see a company that was in total turmoil, many failed products many failed delivery dates, long time waiting for products to be released. After 10 years in business they sacked the Great Steve Jobs who himself ran his own company with disastrous results, only to return to Apple to save a company in real distress, they are now a company almost 50 years in business and for the last 20 years have had real success.
So it takes time to try and be as good as Apple is now, but they were at 10 years old in a lot more danger of going under than dji are in their first 10 years.

So it maybe time to look at the success of dji and the potential be both great at building drone and great at service.
What I see here on this forum is so many getting so carried away , but forgetting that what they are using is very new technology and this will always come with some teething problems.
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-13 12:43
It is written nowhere, but your behaviour patterns in this forum are becoming increasingly noticable for even very friendly minded other forum members. There seem to be also other factors that you might wish to consider addressing as well.
And to put this straight from the outset! I have no other role in this forum as you have. I am a simple member like all others. The only thing I am trying to do here is providing you friendly feedback on my personal perceptions.

That's real nice and all; Thanks.
But let me ask you:
1) have you also provided feedback to certain person here who has on multiple occasions been an ongoing Troll to others, and not with just me?
2) have you publicly called him out, like you just did me, for calling people profane names, thus breaking one of rules here?
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 12:08

great !
2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 12:55
I think to be fair about it, dji is a company 10 years old much of us who have been around to see there exponential growth in what is basically a brand new consumer technology, through all those 10 years much improvements have been seen by their original consumers, in the beginning service was pretty appalling but has improved year on year alongside some fantastic products affordable for all, yes maybe more resources went in to developing great technology and service suffered, but it was clearly the right approach for them and their customers who simply can’t get enough of dji products, and providing great products is what their customers want, this is born out by their growth to almost 80% of the worlds drone market. It’s very hard to argue against such success and the way they have run such a successful company.
In the last two years , we have seen a huge effort made in both service and customer service, nobody will ever be fully happy with everything they do and the manner they do it, but as one who has known of dji and buying their products for many years I have seen huge efforts by them to improve service and customer service, for new customers dji are always being compared to the likes of Apple who have undoubtedly one of the best Customer service in the world.

I wish to fully second this statement although being a DJI customer for only less than a year having very happily owned a Spark and still owning a 7.85 HB CrystalSky and the Mavic Air. What I have seen personally in less than a year in terms of improvements in customer care in this forum but also fixing software issues more speedily and efficiently is quite astonishing. There always will be problems (smaller or bigger) with such sophisticated technology, but things are clearly on a good way in my perception. Nevertheless I shall continue posting problems, whenever I perceive them.
2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 13:00
That's real nice and all; Thanks.
But let me ask you:
1) have you also provided feedback to certain person here who has on multiple occasions been an ongoing Troll to others, and not with just me?

You are very welcome! I am providing feedback to other forum members when I believe that I can make a meaningful contribution and whenever I have the time to do so and am sure that I can help. I usually remain silent about issues where I do not feel to have sufficient first hand experience myself. So far this personal policy works quite well.
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

Honestly, I think you are pushing hard to "justify" the unjustifiable.
The greatest good of any company is not profit but customer.

I really am a very new owner of DJI product and frankly I've come to see that your products still need so many improvements or fixes (imagine now that you're partnering with Microsoft)
But I do not want to discuss "tomorrow" or "yesterday"
I want to discuss the "today"

I bought my Mavic Air and it was flying satisfactorily.
One month later, I had to update the firmware 3X and 3X the software and now can be much worse than before.
I want to express my dissatisfaction 1 day after the new firmware since there are several complaints; DJI does not let the owners of the MA downgrade (why ??), there is no CONTINGENCY PLAN WITH BETA VERSION and even say how long it will take to launch the definitive firmware.

The only thing I have been reading is that the MA does not work due to direct or indirect mistake of users like me or that "our engineers are analyzing".
Did the engineers not analyze before forcing the upgrade ???

A company that claims to be as big as you write should be more agile, especially if your product can bring physical or financial risks to your consumers.

I repeat.
I'm not here to discuss anything, especially the image or future of the company, even because I'm feeling that the DJI does not care about it.
2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 13:31
Honestly, I think you are pushing hard to "justify" the unjustifiable.
The greatest good of any company is not profit but customer.

“The greatest good of any company is not profit but customer.”

Tell that to the shareholders or the bank.

Your problem seems to be you are not using customer service you have decided to come here to continue to complain , you simply could have sorted out your problem within two weeks, it has already been said more than 15 times that issues would be sorted out with next FW, you have a simple choice, sit on this forum continue to complain and be left to wait until you see new firmware, it has already been explained why you can’t roll back to older firmware, dji Thor has done everything he could for you, but rather than sort out your problem , you choose to sit on this forum complaining.

Fact there are a lot more MavAir drones working with no problems, You have a warranty read the terms of your warranty, you will see there that you are entitled to a product without defects and if you product is not working you are entitled to a product that works . You simply apply your warranty and get your drone repaired or replaced. If you don’t want to choose this option which is open to you, then you have little to complain about, and as far as I’m concerned getting your problem sorted out inside two weeks is pretty good service, you just don’t choose to use it.
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-13 13:22
You are very welcome! I am providing feedback to other forum members when I believe that I can make a meaningful contribution and whenever I have the time to do so and am sure that I can help. I usually remain silent about issues where I do not feel to have sufficient first hand experience myself. So far this personal policy works quite well.

I am providing feedback to other forum members when I believe that I can make a meaningful contribution
I usually remain silent about issues where I do not feel to have sufficient first hand experience myself

I think you have sufficent knowledge (first hand experience), and here is your chance to provide meaningul feedback:
It’s time to stop being a t**t.
I must have meant t*t sorry about that, it’s cleared up now.

2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 14:00
“The greatest good of any company is not profit but customer.”

Tell that to the shareholders or the bank.

What do you want me to say?
Apologies for giving my feedback ???

It is because it is not you who is prevented from using your drone.

OK. Let's pretend it's okay and stop complaining. I will be sorry for the new users.

I want to record that DJI THOR has always got the best service (and it's getting), much more understanding than defending the image of DJI

But I can think that you are right and that it is more productive I forget this forum and take individual attitude
2018-6-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-13 14:03
I am providing feedback to other forum members when I believe that I can make a meaningful contribution
I usually remain silent about issues where I do not feel to have sufficient first hand experience myself

I am not sure if I got correctly what you are telling me in this message. But should it mean that it is time for you to consider stopping to flood this forum with the kind of posts that we have seen over a week or so now, my honest answer is a clear YES. Sincere apologies in advance in case I have misunderstood anything here ;-)
2018-6-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

TZero Posted at 2018-6-13 14:12
What do you want me to say?
Apologies for giving my feedback ???

Yes you are entitled to complain but when you complain maybe you would be better letting others know that you opted to wait and complain rather than exercise you option to a warranty .

Nobody is defending dji your starting to sound like the witch hunt crew now, but I’m just letting you know you have other options here you just choose not to use them, so complain away that’s your right. But with most dji FW you can roll back but this one unfortunately you can’t so will have just the option to wait for firmware.
2018-6-13
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-13 14:26
Yes you are entitled to complain but when you complain maybe you would be better letting others know that you opted to wait and complain rather than exercise you option to a warranty .

Nobody is defending dji your starting to sound like the witch hunt crew now, but I’m just letting you know you have other options here you just choose not to use them, so complain away that’s your right. But with most dji FW you can roll back but this one unfortunately you can’t so will have just the option to wait for firmware.

No one is defending DJI ????

It was enough for you to say:
I'm sorry for those in trouble.
It seems that DJI did s**t for some
You have 2 alternatives
It would be at least more productive and friendly
2018-6-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-13 14:20
I am not sure if I got correctly what you are telling me in this message. But should it mean that it is time for you to consider stopping to flood this forum with the kind of posts that we have seen over a week or so now, my honest answer is a clear YES. Sincere apologies in advance in case I have misunderstood anything here ;-)

But should it mean that it is time for you to consider stopping to flood  this forum with the kind of posts that we have seen over a week or so  now, my honest answer is a clear YES.

Question did you 'click on' and read two links I posted?  

If yes.  Why have you failed to publicly call the person out who made rude personal attacks, while still publicly lecturing me?
As for flooding this forum.   Why publicly lecture me, and not publiculy lecture person who made those comments, and has been flooding this forum?

You have once simple choice.  Either publicly call person out, or Loose lots of credibility.

2018-6-13
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, we could expect it to be released,..... on the day they release it. Just saying.
2018-6-14
Use props
Cabreo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 63196 ft
Italy

This forum is pathetic. It's stated purpose is that it should be a place where, peer to peer, help, advice and experience can be shared between people using the same, technically advanced, leisure product. What it has degenerated to, reading the above posts, is a a place where a few members can indulge in ego trips. Which is a pity .... it reminds me a 90's chat room.
2018-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules