DJI GO 4.2.16-4.2.21 Confirmed BUG using Point of interest(Fixed)
1234Next >
5840 120 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So far no update yet since the last one so am assuming they are looking into it.  
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-5 05:36
So far no update yet since the last one so am assuming they are looking into it.

Let us know if you hear anything mate. I'm waiting for GO4 v.17 on IOS before I use POI again on my Mavic Air.
2018-6-5
Use props
Daemon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1429104 ft

Same here. After POI flight, C1/C2 stopped working.

I am now just testing some more stuff, will report.
2018-6-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Daemon Posted at 2018-6-5 11:32
Same here. After POI flight, C1/C2 stopped working.

I am now just testing some more stuff, will report.

Is your video choppy on your screen when recording POI?
2018-6-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

My POI warning. https://forum.dji.com/thread-151390-1-1.html
2018-6-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-6-6 06:50
My POI warning. https://forum.dji.com/thread-151390-1-1.html

Thanks Woe.  Hopefully they will add this to their list of POI issues.  
2018-6-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-6 06:55
Thanks Woe.  Hopefully they will add this to their list of POI issues.

No problem. I will try later today when I get off work. I'll post my results here.
2018-6-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-6-6 07:30
No problem. I will try later today when I get off work. I'll post my results here.

Do you use IOS or Android?  Seem to be an issue on IOS but not Android as far as the C1 and C2 buttons not functioning after.  Looking forward to your results.
2018-6-6
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-6 07:36
Do you use IOS or Android?  Seem to be an issue on IOS but not Android as far as the C1 and C2 buttons not functioning after.  Looking forward to your results.

I am on IOS
2018-6-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flew my Mavic Air yesterday and did four back-to-back flights.
I tested every single intelligent flight mode on the latest FW .400 and GO4 app version .16 using an iPhone 7 plus on IOS 11.4 with everything previously calibrated on the RC and AC.
Everything worked perfectly. No glitches at all on all flights.
On my last flight I decided to do a point of interest. That worked perfectly then when I resumed manual mode my function and C buttons were once again no longer responsive immediately after doing the point of interest. I rebooted the app. Still did not work. Landed and refreshed the FW on the RC - still not working. When I got home I once more deleted GO4 and reinstalled and they are working again. There is 100% a fault with the latest GO4 app version that basically prevents IOS/APPLE users from using the point of interest feature on the DJI Mavic Air without the hassle of app reinstallation - which means having to re-sync all flight records, reconfigure settings and refresh FW each time POI is used. I really hope this is addressed by DJI and fixed in the next app version.
2018-6-6
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-6 23:32
Flew my Mavic Air yesterday and did four back-to-back flights.
I tested every single intelligent flight mode on the latest FW .400 and GO4 app version .16 using an iPhone 7 plus on IOS 11.4 with everything previously calibrated on the RC and AC.
Everything worked perfectly. No glitches at all on all flights.

Thanks A CW for testing all of this.  I am still waiting to hear back from DJI about this issue.  I will hit them up for an update.  I really hope this is resolved soon.  
2018-6-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 05:20
Thanks A CW for testing all of this.  I am still waiting to hear back from DJI about this issue.  I will hit them up for an update.  I really hope this is resolved soon.

No probs - hope it get fixed soon mate
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-7 10:37
No probs - hope it get fixed soon mate

You and me both.  Have really been wanting to do POI but not willing to do so and having to close out app mid flight.  At least I do not have to uninstall like you do, that is just very bad.  It seems like if you have the MA you have to uninstall completely but if you have the MP you only need to close out app and reopen.  Wish you still had your MPP to test this.
2018-6-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 10:42
You and me both.  Have really been wanting to do POI but not willing to do so and having to close out app mid flight.  At least I do not have to uninstall like you do, that is just very bad.  It seems like if you have the MA you have to uninstall completely but if you have the MP you only need to close out app and reopen.  Wish you still had your MPP to test this.

I think they should just remove that specific flight mode (POI) from the MA - the outer edge of the image is blurred when I use it and when I reversed to line up the radius the drone drifted. After I finished the POI my function and C buttons no longer work on the remote until I delete and reinstall the entire app on my iPhone as you know.
As far as I'm concerned my MA no longer has POI until it's fixed. I'm not going through all of the reinstallation process just to circle the drone around a tree for 40 seconds. I'll use quick shot circle if I need to do that which, along with everything else on the drone, works perfectly (except POI).
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-7 10:47
I think they should just remove that specific flight mode (POI) from the MA - the outer edge of the image is blurred when I use it and when I reversed to line up the radius the drone drifted. After I finished the POI my function and C buttons no longer work on the remote until I delete and reinstall the entire app on my iPhone as you know.
As far as I'm concerned my MA no longer has POI until it's fixed. I'm not going through all of the reinstallation process just to circle the drone around a tree for 40 seconds. I'll use quick shot circle if I need to do that which, along with everything else on the drone, works perfectly (except POI).

Yeah they have really messed up POI.  Many claim choppy video.  Buttons stop working.  Really buggy stuff.  
2018-6-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Ok so got an update on my support ticket.  The Engineering team has tested and found the same issue that we are experiencing so it is now known to them to be an issue which is good that they are fully aware of what the problem is.  Now it is just a waiting game and hopefully not too long of a waiting game.  
2018-6-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-7 16:47
Ok so got an update on my support ticket.  The Engineering team has tested and found the same issue that we are experiencing so it is now known to them to be an issue which is good that they are fully aware of what the problem is.  Now it is just a waiting game and hopefully not too long of a waiting game.

GREAT NEWS (I hope) - GO4 app V.20 has been released for IOS today highlighting that it includes bug fixes and improvements... I've already updated and all looks good after turning on the drone. I will fly the MA this evening and see if the POI error has finally been sorted - fingers crossed!
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 04:14
GREAT NEWS (I hope) - GO4 app V.20 has been released for IOS today highlighting that it includes bug fixes and improvements... I've already updated and all looks good after turning on the drone. I will fly the MA this evening and see if the POI error has finally been sorted - fingers crossed!

I just hope they were working on this fix in time to get included in this update.  I am updating now as I write this.  I will be testing out this morning in the next couple hours and will report back.  Thanks for mentioning this update.  
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Crazy that it jumped all the way from 4.2.16 to 4.2.20.  Hoping it fixed not only the function buttons but also the POI recording lag issues that many have faced.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 04:51
Crazy that it jumped all the way from 4.2.16 to 4.2.20.  Hoping it fixed not only the function buttons but also the POI recording lag issues that many have faced.

I had to reset the function and C buttons upon turning on and connecting the drone but after doing so they worked perfectly - so looks like they've done something to fix that. That said, I'm yet to fly and won't be able to for a few hours yet but will test POI this evening (GMT/UK time) and see if it disables the RC buttons or not. Fingers crossed and hope all goes well for your flights this morning.
I will also test everything else too on the MA as sometimes one repair can lead to something else not working - I think iOS 11.4 may of had something to do with this too. Perhaps v.20 has brought the app up-to-date to match the latest iOS FW.  
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Well I just tested POI and the results are disappointing.  It seems they did nothing to fix the POI issues because the buttons once again did not work immediately after.  And also at times the video when recording was choppy.  So it seems they have not finished coming up with the fix for the POI issues before this latest version was released.  Still though A CW give it a test on the MA.  The thing is it did not have me reset the C1 and C2 buttons like it had you do so maybe the results are different with the MA.  Very disappointed.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 06:52
Well I just tested POI and the results are disappointing.  It seems they did nothing to fix the POI issues because the buttons once again did not work immediately after.  And also at times the video when recording was choppy.  So it seems they have not finished coming up with the fix for the POI issues before this latest version was released.  Still though A CW give it a test on the MA.  The thing is it did not have me reset the C1 and C2 buttons like it had you do so maybe the results are different with the MA.  Very disappointed.

That's not good to read mate! I will try on the MA before landing on my last flight this evening. Thanks for testing again though.
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DOES NOT WORK!
Exactly the same position as before the update which clearly was NOT to fix anything on the Mavic Series regarding C buttons and POI.  
That's it, I'm not using POI again on the MA...
That was the first time I've ever packed a drone up and drove home after just one battery in nearly two years.
Now I have to reinstall the whole app yet again.
This is getting VERY BORING!!!
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 09:24
DOES NOT WORK!
Exactly the same position as before the update which clearly was NOT to fix anything on the Mavic Series regarding C buttons and POI.  
That's it, I'm not using POI again on the MA...

Yeah that is very frustrating my friend.  I guess they did not start working on this issue in time to apply/fix with the version that was just released. Now we will have to wait for yet another update in hopes the next one has a fix for this.  Yeah just not cool at all.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 09:28
Yeah that is very frustrating my friend.  I guess they did not start working on this issue in time to apply/fix with the version that was just released. Now we will have to wait for yet another update in hopes the next one has a fix for this.  Yeah just not cool at all.

It's poor in a word. VERY poor in two!!
I'm just going to forget POI is even an option on my MA now until I know for sure that it is fixed. This could even be FW related - who knows as DJI don't specifically list what fixes or improvements they have made in their release notes...
This is not a good time for quite serious glitches to be happening on their newest product given what Autel and Parrot are bringing out...
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-8 09:31
It's poor in a word. VERY poor in two!!
I'm just going to forget POI is even an option on my MA now until I know for sure that it is fixed. This could even be FW related - who knows and DJI don't specifically list what fixes or improvements they have made in their release notes...
This is not a good time for quite serious glitches to be happening on their newest product given what Autel and Parrot are bringing out...

Yeah agreed buddy.  Possibly the reason for the lack of PS(Product Support) for their existing birds is they are working on a new one to compete with Autel and Parrot.  But either way not good business.  In my company which deals with product support for legacy and new products we have separate departments for, one dedicated for existing/legacy and one for new releases.  It seems to me this is not the way DJI is but has a single department.  
2018-6-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 09:35
Yeah agreed buddy.  Possibly the reason for the lack of PS(Product Support) for their existing birds is they are working on a new one to compete with Autel and Parrot.  But either way not good business.  In my company which deals with product support for legacy and new products we have separate departments for, one dedicated for existing/legacy and one for new releases.  It seems to me this is not the way DJI is but has a single department.

Yeah, a multi billion dollar global brand with c.6,000 employees holding a c.70% stake in the consumer grade camera drone market and they can't fix a bug their software caused in a drone they released less than five months ago! I know this is tech and I rarely rant on here and I'm confident we'll see a fix but this is really frustrating in the interim.
2018-6-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Changed title to include issue is also/still with the newest 4.2.20
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
Taiwan

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 09:35
Yeah agreed buddy.  Possibly the reason for the lack of PS(Product Support) for their existing birds is they are working on a new one to compete with Autel and Parrot.  But either way not good business.  In my company which deals with product support for legacy and new products we have separate departments for, one dedicated for existing/legacy and one for new releases.  It seems to me this is not the way DJI is but has a single department.

It seems to me this is not the way DJI is but has a single department.

Shudaizi Jiahuo prefers being referred to as person, inseated of as ''single department'' .

2018-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-8 06:52
Well I just tested POI and the results are disappointing.  It seems they did nothing to fix the POI issues because the buttons once again did not work immediately after.  And also at times the video when recording was choppy.  So it seems they have not finished coming up with the fix for the POI issues before this latest version was released.  Still though A CW give it a test on the MA.  The thing is it did not have me reset the C1 and C2 buttons like it had you do so maybe the results are different with the MA.  Very disappointed.

I’m sure it will get fixed soon , I will try mine today but am expecting it not to work.

Although I know POI is important to some, in the meantime there is a very simple workaround until it gets sorted.
In active track trace mode just point aircraft camera at the POI and use roll stick to circle it works like a treat.
2018-6-10
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 02:26
I’m sure it will get fixed soon , I will try mine today but am expecting it not to work.

Although I know POI is important to some, in the meantime there is a very simple workaround until it gets sorted.

Might be a little leary of that as users here in the forum are reporting the MA dive bombing at the subject using active track.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

QuadKid Posted at 2018-6-10 02:45
Might be a little leary of that as users here in the forum are reporting the MA dive bombing at the subject using active track.

I’ve just gone out tested Mavic Air POI works fine exactly as it should. I have also tried the AT method and no problems with that.

Using iOS iPhone 7  and 5.5 Crystalsky all fully up to date FW/SW no problems with above.

I tried to see if I could instigate motor current by full sport right stick and full down/up also full in P mode no sign of it wind very low max 10 mph, no yaw glitch or involuntary movements, camera is as it should be.

I have a couple of Mavic Air batteries charging will try it soon.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

So I have no tested Mavic Pro and maybe add another option to your poll, (Is your C1and C2 working)my C1 C2 were not working before I tried POI ,
Again I’m using Crystalsky which is updated as far as it can, I tried with iOS iPhone fully updated and it’s the same C1 C2 not working they are completely blacked out so software for both Crystalsky and iOS having the same effect, so I would see a fix coming soon.

Again I use C1 for airplane mode which I use very little, but C2 for dropping down camera which I use more often, the simple fix for this is to set one of your toggle buttons to camera down and this works fine.
You unfortunately can’t set a toggle to airplane mode but you can set it to almost everything else. I can also confirm that POI is working fine in both Crystalsky and iOS .
2018-6-10
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 03:31
So I have no tested Mavic Pro and maybe add another option to your poll, (Is your C1and C2 working)my C1 C2 were not working before I tried POI ,
Again I’m using Crystalsky which is updated as far as it can, I tried with iOS iPhone fully updated and it’s the same C1 C2 not working they are completely blacked out so software for both Crystalsky and iOS having the same effect, so I would see a fix coming soon.

So I just want to make sure I see this right.  You tested POI using IOS on your Mavic Air and the function buttons work fine after?  And then you tested with the Mavic Pro and the buttons stopped working right?  Weird that A CW has a problem with his Function and C button not working directly after using IOS as well and in fact only fix for the Mavic Air for A CW is deleting and reinstalling the app.  

Also when you say your C1 and C2 button were not working before trying POI so they are assigned but just flying normally they were not already working even before trying POI?
2018-6-10
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 832421 ft

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 06:57
It must just be the MP then possibly.  Thanks for testing this.

Nope. My Air has exactly the same problem as yours.
I run .400, 4.2.20 and iOS
2018-6-10
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, C1 fails when I have set it to toggle camera down/up.  I wasn't using Point of Interest.

Mavic Pro
I'm in the US
I'm using iPad mini 3, current iOS (11.4), Go4 xxx.16  
Go4 version .20 not yet offered as update ( 06 10 2018 )

2018-6-10
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer

A CW Posted at 2018-6-2 07:00
No worries. I have had a fair few issues lately after the latest FW updates. In my case, I refreshed on an out of date version of Assistant 2 and since updating, refreshing and re calibrating EVERYTHING again the MA has worked perfectly over the past 12 flights. Try reinstalling the app and ensure your phone's FW is up-to-date too - IOS is now on 11.4.

I refreshed the FW of both RC and drone, calibrated every single darn thing that can be calibrated, uninstall DJI GO 4 and reinstalled and my custom buttons still don’t work after POI is engaged.
2018-6-10
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-10 02:58
I’ve just gone out tested Mavic Air POI works fine exactly as it should. I have also tried the AT method and no problems with that.

Using iOS iPhone 7  and 5.5 Crystalsky all fully up to date FW/SW no problems with above.

Ok I added a third option of the buttons just not working period.  
2018-6-10
Use props
nywrecker
Second Officer

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 11:00
Hmm, maybe try again now that updated to 11.4.  I have a feeling will not make a difference but a possibility?

I am running with an iPad mini 4. The problem does not get fixed with 11.4. Tried it yesterday.
2018-6-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-10 04:46
So I just want to make sure I see this right.  You tested POI using IOS on your Mavic Air and the function buttons work fine after?  And then you tested with the Mavic Pro and the buttons stopped working right?  Weird that A CW has a problem with his Function and C button not working directly after using IOS as well and in fact only fix for the Mavic Air for A CW is deleting and reinstalling the app.  

Also when you say your C1 and C2 button were not working before trying POI so they are assigned but just flying normally they were not already working even before trying POI?

Yes function buttons on MavAir working fine also POI working no problems there with both iPhone 7 and Crystalsky .
When testing Mavic Pro right from the get go C1 and C2 we’re disabled when I took off and checked app both were blacked out, I then tested out POI and it’s working fine.

Net result I found MavAir with no problems using both iPhone and Crystalsky.
Net result Mavic Pro C1&C2 both turned off and not working.

I have explained a very easy work around above until problem gets sorted.

I also found everything else with both aircraft working exceptionally well with one noticeable difference , wind warnings for Mavic Pro set very sensitive compared to MavAir.

Just as a BTW I always only update through app , I have never had to update either FW or SW through assistant, and this goes for all my consumer drones.
2018-6-10
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules