DJI GO 4.2.16-4.2.21 Confirmed BUG using Point of interest(Fixed)
1234Next >
5836 120 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

So I made this a poll as it tends to keep it at top therefore makes a better chance for DJI to view this.  There is a confirned bug in DJI GO 4.2.16 which is the latest.  I use an iPhone 6 plus which is on the latest IOS version and using the latest DJI GO 4 version(4.2.16) and also my AC and RC are on the latest firmware.  The issue is as follows.

When using Point of Interest Intelligent flight mode after exiting out my C1 and C2 button no longer function.  I can hear the buttons beep but they do absolutely nothing.  They work right before going into POI mode.  Even turning off the AC and RC does not fix it.  The only way to get them to work again is by completely closing and reopening DJI GO 4 app.  I have tested all other intelligent flight modes and all others for me do not cause this just POI does.  Now there have been at least one other to say that the other modes also does this.  It has also been reported that the video screen is very choppy when only using POI mode and all other modes do not do this.  However for me the video is not choppy at all in any mode.  So I want to know if you are on the latest firmware for your AC/RC and latest DJI GO 4(4.2.16) does using POI and exiting out cause your C1 and C2 buttons to not work?  I have tried assiging different functions to the C1 and C2 buttons and the results are always the same with them not working.
Single SelectVote, Total 29 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

55.17% (16)
41.38% (12)
3.45% (1)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-5-30
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have not yet really upgraded to the latest of the Go4 on the iphone as the previous works well, just as well the upgrade was not done. My Samsung on the other hand is upgraded and will try that feature and let you know.
2018-5-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

SparksBird.
I hope more pilots try theirs out. Not just 7.
There could be other combinations not yet tried that could be a problem with the App.
2018-5-31
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Was hoping others could test this out think it is more with the MP but who knows maybe the MA as well?  There seem to be quite a bit that seem to have this issue just from who have voted so to me is a very apparent bug.  
2018-6-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 06:39
Was hoping others could test this out think it is more with the MP but who knows maybe the MA as well?  There seem to be quite a bit that seem to have this issue just from who have voted so to me is a very apparent bug.

Did a POI on the MA this morning and all worked perfectly mate.
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-2 06:51
Did a POI on the MA this morning and all worked perfectly mate.

It must just be the MP then possibly.  Thanks for testing this.  
2018-6-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 06:57
It must just be the MP then possibly.  Thanks for testing this.

No worries. I have had a fair few issues lately after the latest FW updates. In my case, I refreshed on an out of date version of Assistant 2 and since updating, refreshing and re calibrating EVERYTHING again the MA has worked perfectly over the past 12 flights. Try reinstalling the app and ensure your phone's FW is up-to-date too - IOS is now on 11.4.
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-2 07:00
No worries. I have had a fair few issues lately after the latest FW updates. In my case, I refreshed on an out of date version of Assistant 2 and since updating, refreshing and re calibrating EVERYTHING again the MA has worked perfectly over the past 12 flights. Try reinstalling the app and ensure your phone's FW is up-to-date too - IOS is now on 11.4.

Yup have reinstalled DJI GO 4, always ensure phone is up to date, is now on 11.4.  
2018-6-2
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 07:14
Yup have reinstalled DJI GO 4, always ensure phone is up to date, is now on 11.4.

Annoying then mate - I hate it when an 'update' actually makes things worse!
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-31 12:52
SparksBird.
I hope more pilots try theirs out. Not just 7.
There could be other combinations not yet tried that could be a problem with the App.

So I did some more testing on POI and the C1 and C2 buttons still do not work after.  Also what happened is similar results to you as far as choppy video when doing POI.  Now for me it only started getting choppy after I started recording.  Only my screen was choppy the actual footage was not.  I know what the issue is for the choppy video.  First I did a full regular flight with an entire battery before swapping out battery and then doing POI.  So at that point my iPhone was already warm and had been worked and was warm at this point.  So once I did the POI and started recording the screen was choppy then after a minute I got the mobile device CPU overload.  So what I am getting at is I know the choppy video is from mobile device performance as I think the POI is running your device harder than say normal.  What device are you using??
2018-6-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 10:09
So I did some more testing on POI and the C1 and C2 buttons still do not work after.  Also what happened is similar results to you as far as choppy video when doing POI.  Now for me it only started getting choppy after I started recording.  Only my screen was choppy the actual footage was not.  I know what the issue is for the choppy video.  First I did a full regular flight with an entire battery before swapping out battery and then doing POI.  So at that point my iPhone was already warm and had been worked and was warm at this point.  So once I did the POI and started recording the screen was choppy then after a minute I got the mobile device CPU overload.  So what I am getting at is I know the choppy video is from mobile device performance as I think the POI is running your device harder than say normal.  What device are you using??

Using iPad min 4
Choppiness started when I started to record also in POI.
I don't think my iPad got warm enough for a device overload. Will try it again as soon as the wind here eases up.
Saw another post about C1 and C2 not working with Front Led lights.
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-2 10:43
Using iPad min 4
Choppiness started when I started to record also in POI.
I don't think my iPad got warm enough for a device overload. Will try it again as soon as the wind here eases up.

Yeah that is weird your iPad mini 4 should have plenty of power.  It seems that their POI algorithms are not efficient at all.  Are you on 11.4 with the Mini?
2018-6-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 10:46
Yeah that is weird your iPad mini 4 should have plenty of power.  It seems that their POI algorithms are not efficient at all.  Are you on 11.4 with the Mini?

Version 11.4 (15f79)
Just updated yesterday to that.
When doing POI I was using IOS version 11.3.1
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-2 10:58
Version 11.4 (15f79)
Just updated yesterday to that.
When doing POI I was using IOS version 11.3.1

Hmm, maybe try again now that updated to 11.4.  I have a feeling will not make a difference but a possibility?  
2018-6-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 11:00
Hmm, maybe try again now that updated to 11.4.  I have a feeling will not make a difference but a possibility?

Will let you know how it goes.
Thanks
2018-6-2
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 11:00

Still windy here so I haven't had a chance to fly. My friend just flew off to California to spend time with his kids.
Just got a call and he said his C1 and C2 stopped working after he did a POI. I forgot to tell him before about just restarting the App.

He is back to flying again but won't be doing a POI. I did ask what his IOS version was and he is one behind,. He is going to update to see if it fixes the C1 and C2 problem.

2018-6-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-2 07:14
Yup have reinstalled DJI GO 4, always ensure phone is up to date, is now on 11.4.

You're right mate. POI disables the function and C1 buttons on the MA too. Tested it properly this evening. I had to reinstall the GO4 app to make the buttons work again. That's annoying as means I can't do a POI without having to delete and download the app each time. Hopefully a fix will come out soon. I'm on iOS 11.4 using an iPhone 7 plus.
2018-6-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-3 15:58
You're right mate. POI disables the function and C1 buttons on the MA too. Tested it properly this evening. I had to reinstall the GO4 app to make the buttons work again. That's annoying as means I can't do a POI without having to delete and download the app each time. Hopefully a fix will come out soon. I'm on iOS 11.4 using an iPhone 7 plus.

You should only need to close out and reopen the app, that works for me anyway.  Have you tried just closing out and opening back up?  In fact you can do this during the flight as well as soon as you finish POI and they work again.  It is freaking annoying so this is for sure a DJI GO 4 bug.  
2018-6-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-3 16:07
You should only need to close out and reopen the app, that works for me anyway.  Have you tried just closing out and opening back up?  In fact you can do this during the flight as well as soon as you finish POI and they work again.  It is freaking annoying so this is for sure a DJI GO 4 bug.

Not for me - it won't work again unless I delete the app and reinstall. Bottom line I can't use POI now on my MA!
2018-6-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-3 16:08
Not for me - it won't work again unless I delete the app and reinstall. Bottom line I can't use POI now on my MA!

That is crazy that you have to uninstall it.  I really hope DJI fixes this.  We need this thread to stay up top till they at least confirm they are working on it
2018-6-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-3 16:10
That is crazy that you have to uninstall it.  I really hope DJI fixes this.  We need this thread to stay up top till they at least confirm they are working on it

I hope they are too as POI is one of my favourite modes and I've refreshed the FW several times over the past several days LOL before anyone advises that one. This is a bug in v.16 of the app as never happened when I first got the drone on v.14
2018-6-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-3 16:12
I hope they are too as POI is one of my favourite modes and I've refreshed the FW several times over the past several days LOL before anyone advises that one. This is a bug in v.16 of the app as never happened when I first got the drone on v.14

Yes just a recent bug I used POI in .14 and it never did this my buttons always worked after.  
2018-6-3
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-3 16:17
Yes just a recent bug I used POI in .14 and it never did this my buttons always worked after.

Fingers crossed we get a fix soon.
2018-6-3
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-3 23:30
Fingers crossed we get a fix soon.

I am really surprised we have not seen one of the DJI Admin's at least confirm they have forwarded this to DJI.  Very apparent issue here.
2018-6-4
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-4 06:26
I am really surprised we have not seen one of the DJI Admin's at least confirm they have forwarded this to DJI.  Very apparent issue here.

Tried again this morning after the latest IOS update. Tested C1 and C2 first and it worked. BUT!
Had no C1 or C2 after doing a POI. Worked OK after I got out of DJI Go 4 and restarted it.
There is a definite problem . Don't know why DJI is silent on it.
After the IOS update my RTH was right on and the video frame skipping was gone  while doing the POI .
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-4 07:09
Tried again this morning after the latest IOS update. Tested C1 and C2 first and it worked. BUT!
Had no C1 or C2 after doing a POI. Worked OK after I got out of DJI Go 4 and restarted it.
There is a definite problem . Don't know why DJI is silent on it.

Very cool at least one issue resolved with IOS update(video frame skipping)  Figured the C1 C2 button still would not work since mine do not as well even after IOS update.  Figured that would not fix that issue but what I have noticed at least in the past at times typically IOS updates especially major many times fix performance issues which is why I thought hat may work for the choppy video issue.  
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

I am going to open a DJI support case on this to see if that will at least get it kick started.  
2018-6-4
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-4 07:17
I am going to open a DJI support case on this to see if that will at least get it kick started.

Here is hoping it gets their attention.
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-4 07:20
Here is hoping it gets their attention.

Just opened a case and sent a link to this thread.  
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Ok just got an email back from Support.  from the looks of it, this may just be a IOS issue not Android as Suren reported no issue.  Not sure who of the others that have voted if they are using IOS or android.  I am guessing all the ones with issues are IOS but really do not know.  The good thing is it has been forwarded to their team and are looking into it.  
2018-6-4
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-3 16:08
Not for me - it won't work again unless I delete the app and reinstall. Bottom line I can't use POI now on my MA!

A CW,
Sorry to hear you have to reinstall the App to make it work.
With the  MP we just have to just turn the App off and then turn it back on to make it work.
Hopefully it will be fixed.

2018-6-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

B1houdini Posted at 2018-6-4 13:35
A CW,
Sorry to hear you have to reinstall the App to make it work.
With the  MP we just have to just turn the App off and then turn it back on to make it work.

Fingers crossed as that is one glitch I can't fix. I can use quick shot circle though for the time being which is a dumbed down version of POI or better still do it myself but it is annoying that if I want to use the POI mode I have to go through the whole reinstallation process after or not be able to use my function and C1 buttons on the remote. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one either. It's not the FW - it's v.16 of the GO4 app for IOS that had caused it - NOT GOOD!   
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-4 13:39
Fingers crossed as that is one glitch I can't fix. I can use quick shot circle though for the time being which is a dumbed down version of POI or better still do it myself but it is annoying that if I want to use the POI mode I have to go through the whole reinstallation process after or not be able to use my function and C1 buttons on the remote. I'm sure I'm not alone on this one either. It's not the FW - it's v.16 of the GO4 app for IOS that had caused it - NOT GOOD!

Agreed it is a very bad bug.  Waiting to hear back from them again.  The tech reviewed this thread and forwarded to them as well so hopefully they are as we speak testing and fixing.  
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Does anyone have an IOS and Android device they could test this on?  Thinking it is just IOS but need someone to verify if they have both devices please.  I saw Suren said he tested with Android and it works but need maybe a couple others here to test on Android as well for those that are having issues on IOS.
2018-6-4
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

I just verified the issue with my 9.7” ipad running all the latest with Mavic Pro.  Then tried with a galaxy S7 running all the latest and was NOT able to duplicate the issue.  Based on that it looks like its an IOS app issue.
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2018-6-4 15:40
I just verified the issue with my 9.7” ipad running all the latest with Mavic Pro.  Then tried with a galaxy S7 running all the latest and was NOT able to duplicate the issue.  Based on that it looks like its an IOS app issue.

Thank you very much for testing this as this confirms what I thought.  I just got an email back from support they are actively viewing this thread.  So apparently they are NOW aware of the issue.  They are waiting to hear back from the Engineering team.  Really hope this gets resolved soon as I am looking to do some POI's.  
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

went to Forum camera support this morning trying to find out why my video was so choppy using point of interest fly mode, thanks for the info,  answered my question
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-6-4 16:38
went to Forum camera support this morning trying to find out why my video was so choppy using point of interest fly mode, thanks for the info,  answered my question

Glad that you found this and hoping more do.  The more visibility we get in this thread hopefully the faster they come up with the solution.   Nothing scarier than having to close out and reopen DJI GO 4 mid flight to get C1 and C2 to work again.
2018-6-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-4 16:31
Thank you very much for testing this as this confirms what I thought.  I just got an email back from support they are actively viewing this thread.  So apparently they are NOW aware of the issue.  They are waiting to hear back from the Engineering team.  Really hope this gets resolved soon as I am looking to do some POI's.

Good to know. To be fair, it is the only glitch I have on my drone out of potentially several hundred for sure but it is a glitch and one that basically prevents me from using point of interest so a proper fix would be appreciated.
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10326581 ft
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-4 19:58
Glad that you found this and hoping more do.  The more visibility we get in this thread hopefully the faster they come up with the solution.   Nothing scarier than having to close out and reopen DJI GO 4 mid flight to get C1 and C2 to work again.

thank you for that info SB
2018-6-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules