Dji firmware/app wishlist
873 11 2018-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevinab
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2159006 ft
Sweden

These are some of the things i find myself wanting DJI to add as a feature to the app/drone's software more often than not. i hope you agree

1. Less warning messages, if you have been using dji products for some time, you know that the app completely blasts you with warnings/errors left and right. i think it would be nice if there was a setting to limit the warnings to only the most important ones, so for example experienced flyers(especially MA flyers) know that if there in sport mode or if the wind is strong, obstacle avoidance sometimes won't work, and it shows it clearly at the top of the screen besides your GPS status, so to me its just spam to see it saying "attitude is too large" every time the drone tilts too much to compensate for winds.

2. a setting to make the drone keep obstacle avoidance off/on when tilting in windy conditions. this is especially bad for the mavic pro as it dosnt want to disable obstacle avoidance when tilting, so it cripples the performance in windy conditions, tests have shown that the MA performs way better than the pro in speeds while having a head wind, as the MA dost care if obstacle avoidance gets disabled. a toggle for prioritizing having obstacle avoidance on or not would be great as that could lead to much better wind performance.

3. Waypoints for all drones. whyyy o whyyyyyy DJI do you have to make us suffer so badly.

4. Faster return to home. We all know it works and the battery drain is marginal when using the right stick to make return to home go almost 3x faster. So why not just making it faster from the beginning, or at least adding a toggle for users who do want the slow version.

5. battery watt/Amp usage beside battery icon, kinda like the volts thing on the mavic pro besides the battery icon. would be very useful to see the exact power draw from the drone, i dont belive this requires a hardware charge as the battery gets closely monitored by the OS of the drone etherway.

6. General bug fixes, the latest dji go 4 app releases have been awfully unstable/buggy. Iv seen countless threads and experienced it myself.

Note: I'm not trying to bash/hate on DJI, they make great products/software. But these are things that are fully possible to do and useful to be honest.

2018-5-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for those suggestions. Rest assured that I will be sending these suggestions to our DJI engineers so that we can make some adjustments on our development.
2018-5-30
Use props
marklyn59
lvl.4
Flight distance : 395072 ft
United States

some good suggestions here.
2018-5-30
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

I find myself wanting them to fix the stuff that's been broken for years before we even get into the "wishlist" stuff.
2018-5-30
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

Extra fast descend to 10 meters to get out of the way of low flying planes or helicopters. PS I live in Aberdeen probably Europes largest heliport supplying the oil industry.
2018-5-30
Use props
SnBike
lvl.4
Italy

For the use I make of it:

1°) Customizable Button with Takeoff/Landing .

2°) Dynamic Home Point

3°) Followme terrain

An example

2018-5-30
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dynamic home point is a must.  

Follow me mode on all the Mavics  (follows the GPS of your phone)

A better active track algorithm to enhance its locking and logic. This really bugs me how bad active track can sometimes be. Add some simple logic into the mix to predict movement patterns. So if the camera breaks vision for half a secondly a second  and then relocks just continues instead of having us tap go again.  

Battery optimization toggle in settings to virtually limit the amount of amperage being pulled and keeps the motors from getting to those speeds/power draw states and thus stops damaging batteries prematurely.

2018-5-30
Use props
Mike0221
New

Austria

Followme terrain would be also great

Otherwise the active track function of the Mavic Air is useless if you want tracking yourself (for emxample on the moutainbike) using only the mobile.

I mean, the cheaper Spark  has this function and  DJI has "forgotten" to implement it  for the Air?!
2018-5-31
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Denmark

1. I am not sure, maybe keeps the user more aware? I get freak out with the wind alerts all the time
2. I agree, the option will be handy

3. YES! and offline editing and map overlays

4. An option would be nice, but I want the drone to decide the best speed based on the battery left

5. Handy

6. YES!
2018-5-31
Use props
Folkestone
First Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Isn’t 2 covered by the sport mode switch?
2018-5-31
Use props
SeeDrohne
lvl.4

Low Level Flight...
Capability to set a fixed height and drone shall always fly at this altitude following the topographie with always the same Altitude Above Ground...

Just seen... Mike0221 had the same idea...

2018-5-31
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

Hello to all here in this forum - first post here

My suggestion: custom RTH height, especially for flying in the woods where I find clear space up to 5-6 meters. Hovering is second best in some situations. Customisable RTH height 3-4 meters.
And yes, #1 on wishlist is followme terrain, it is a must for outdoor footage.
2018-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules