Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
stable walkarounds needed
535 4 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hifi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 510810 ft
United Kingdom

I've used an Osmo mobile 2 with an iPhone 7 and Filmic Pro. Now I've purchased an Osmo Pro with Zenmuse X5 for better quality and more flexibility, I expect delivery in the next days.

My job is video walkarounds in low light situations indoor. The movies with iPhone+mobile2 are not stable enough.

Is the Osmo Pro more stable than Osmo mobile ? Or do you reccomend the z-axis attachment?

The next job must be stable, I have no time to check, test and try out before. If recommended, I will order z-axis too. Or are special plugins or worarounds in postproduction the solution? I am using Final Cut Pro X.

Thanks in advance.

2018-5-31
Use props
Hifi
lvl.1
United Kingdom

edit: workarounds
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Actually, the Osmo Pro is more stable than Osmo mobile 2 since you don't need to look for a perfect position to balance your phone, because the gimbal and camera already balanced and yes you can add the z-axis on your Osmo pro for you to have smooth film, however, it's not intended to use in some sports or actions that involve extream movements.
2018-5-31
Use props
Hifi
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-5-31 08:59
Actually, the Osmo Pro is more stable than Osmo mobile 2 since you don't need to look for a perfect position to balance your phone, because the gimbal and camera already balanced and yes you can add the z-axis on your Osmo pro for you to have smooth film, however, it's not intended to use in some sports or actions that involve extream movements.

I do not intend to do extreme movements, just walking. I hate the up and down while walking.
2018-5-31
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hifi Posted at 2018-5-31 11:33
I do not intend to do extreme movements, just walking. I hate the up and down while walking.

Z-axis attachment may help a bit, but in general you're expecting a miracle to happen. Every professional cameraman must employ so-called Ninja Walk to avoid excessive ups and downs. DJI Z-axis will bounce back badly every few steps if not dampened by hand. No matter what be prepared for some practicing...
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules