LINKING REMOTE CONTROLLER RC CABLE DONT SEE PHONE , HELP!
4573 11 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harmony
lvl.1
Flight distance : 824931 ft
United Kingdom

Hey guys,
Today just arrived my mavic air. I was about to go and have my first flight,
CHarged everything, downloaded app , went outside, started to Switching on drone, switching on Controller, Pressed "Connect to the Aircraft's Wi-fi" , Wired Connection and got stucked on 3rd point which is  "Connect RC cable to the mobile device" .
I was connecting my iphone with original DJI RC lighetning cable, my iphone was starting to charge ( so it means cable works ok?) But in the app i could not press "Link with the aircraft" . And nothing happens anymore, stucked on this point and dont know what to do. Anybody had this issue ? HELP PLEASE
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Congratulations on your new Mavic Air. Let us try to relink the Remote Control to the Mavic Air. I am going to send you a video link so that you will be able to link the Remote Control with the Mavic Air properly.

Thank you.
2018-5-31
Use props
harmony
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 13:51
Good day. Congratulations on your new Mavic Air. Let us try to relink the Remote Control to the Mavic Air. I am going to send you a video link so that you will be able to link the Remote Control with the Mavic Air properly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXnp3PQiJ6s

Thank you for your reply, but yes thats about linking Remote control . The problem i have from the first is, that RC CABLE dont see the Phone, so i cant use the phone and connect phone to the remote control .
I dont know why it doesnt let me go through the 3rd point which is as i wrote in my post.
Because RC cable works, when i connect it to my phone, my phone starts to charge. But nothing happens in the app and it doesnt let me go further through the menu of connecting wired connecting to the aircraft.
I hope you got the idea ?
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

harmony Posted at 2018-5-31 14:03
Thank you for your reply, but yes thats about linking Remote control . The problem i have from the first is, that RC CABLE dont see the Phone, so i cant use the phone and connect phone to the remote control .
I dont know why it doesnt let me go through the 3rd point which is as i wrote in my post.
Because RC cable works, when i connect it to my phone, my phone starts to charge. But nothing happens in the app and it doesnt let me go further through the menu of connecting wired connecting to the aircraft.

Can you try to use a different USB cable.
2018-5-31
Use props
harmony
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 14:06
Can you try to use a different USB cable.

any RC cable will fit remote control ? i dont have any other RC cables at the moment, so i need to go and buy it somewhere ? i dont think it is cable issue, as when i am connecting cable to my phone, it starts to charge my phone, so cable works, but app still dont let me press the button "link with the aircraft" and nothing happens .
2018-5-31
Use props
djiuser_O3fkcSN5a8Yy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207989 ft
Indonesia

hi i a new member and new mavic air, this the first i have a drone,
the same probleme i can't connect to RC, i try all the steps and instruction the video, but still not connect,
need help please
2018-5-31
Use props
harmony
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_O3fkcSN5a8Yy Posted at 2018-5-31 14:13
the same probleme i can't connect to RC, i try all the steps and instruction the video, but still not connect,
need help please

if you will find a way how to solve it let me know please .
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_O3fkcSN5a8Yy Posted at 2018-5-31 14:13
need help please

Let us try this solution. First, let us disconnect the USB on the left-hand side of the RC. After disconnecting try to connect a USB cable at the bottom part of the RC connected to your device and let us see if the mobile device will be detected.
2018-5-31
Use props
harmony
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 14:24
Let us try this solution. First, let us disconnect the USB on the left-hand side of the RC. After disconnecting try to connect a USB cable at the bottom part of the RC connected to your device and let us see if the mobile device will be detected.

i tried with the bottom part as well. With normal usb cable for Iphone, it does charge the phone from R Control, but again, nothing happens, doesnt let go further in the app for connecting, and doesnt appear nothing .
Both ports just dont react apart of charging
2018-5-31
Use props
harmony
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-5-31 14:24
Let us try this solution. First, let us disconnect the USB on the left-hand side of the RC. After disconnecting try to connect a USB cable at the bottom part of the RC connected to your device and let us see if the mobile device will be detected.

i will chat with online costumer support tomorrow . as its too late today already. If no issue will be found, probably i will need to return whole aircraft back and ask for another one, as i cant even start to use it .
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

harmony Posted at 2018-5-31 14:30
i will chat with online costumer support tomorrow . as its too late today already. If no issue will be found, probably i will need to return whole aircraft back and ask for another one, as i cant even start to use it .

Thank you. I am glad to help.
2018-5-31
Use props
wrygiel
New

Poland

For anyone reading this in the future - don't bother contacting customer support - my impression was that they're quite terrible at understanding English, and respond with templates. For example, they requested me to update my firmware, even though it's impossible to do that without connecting RC to your phone *first*. (After I explained that, they responded with exactly the same templated response, so I guess they didn't read what I wrote in the first place; I gave up after this).

Eventually, I found a solution in one of the forums. Turns out that I needed to enable USB Debugging in my Android phone. I'm not sure why this helps, and I find it a bit alarming (USB Debugging feature requires having a lot of trust in the devices you give access to it).
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules