Samsung S8 Won't Activate
617 4 2018-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

I have a new Mavic Pro.  I am trying to use it with a Samsung S8 phone.  I see some are successful with the S8.  I am not.  The Go app installs and runs.  However, I can not activate which means I can not fly.  Uninstalling and reinstalling the app is no help, I've done it multiple times.  Calling tech support is not help, they just say try another phone.  I'm not buying another phone just for this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated because the last suggestion from Tech Support was to return the Mavic for a refund.  Not Helping!!

Nick

2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Nick, is there any error message when the activation failed? Could you post the aircraft SN and error message? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-5-31
Use props
nicksdesign
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for your reply.

The message always indicated that the aircraft serial number failed to upload.  However, that may not be a moot point.  I decided to try to activate using WIFI connection.  It took a bit of work, but I did get it to activate using the phone to connect to the Mavic over WIFI.  I then went back to connecting using the controller.  I was able to get it to connect. But, it indicates that a software update is needed.  This is strange because I have updated both the Mavic and the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 App to the latest versions.  I have tried, again twice, to update firmware with the controller and it always fails with a code of 0x640d0103.  The Mavic Pro Platinum serial number is:  08QCF3CP021XAY.

So far, I'd say the problem does not appear to be with the DJI app on the cell phone, but with the Mavic, either itself or with the communications link.

Note that I updated the firmware with the DJI Assistant 2 app because the initial attempts to update with the controller always failed.

Nick
2018-5-31
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

nicksdesign Posted at 2018-5-31 19:12
Thank you for your reply.

The message always indicated that the aircraft serial number failed to upload.  However, that may not be a moot point.  I decided to try to activate using WIFI connection.  It took a bit of work, but I did get it to activate using the phone to connect to the Mavic over WIFI.  I then went back to connecting using the controller.  I was able to get it to connect. But, it indicates that a software update is needed.  This is strange because I have updated both the Mavic and the controller using the DJI Assistant 2 App to the latest versions.  I have tried, again twice, to update firmware with the controller and it always fails with a code of 0x640d0103.  The Mavic Pro Platinum serial number is:  08QCF3CP021XAY.

Hi Nick, thank you for providing the information, as per check, your drone has been activated successfully. Regarding the indicates that a software update is needed, could you please show us a screenshot? At the same time, please check the firmware version of the drone and the remote controller via DJI assistant2, we'd like to check it for you.
2018-6-1
Use props
nicksdesign
lvl.1

Both the controller and the Mavic were updated to current software versions using DJI Assistant 2.

After sleeping on the problem, I have decided to exchange for another one. I'm tired of fighting with it.

I do appreciate your offer to help.

Nick
2018-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules