X7 friction on Gimbal out of the box
591 10 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BXtreme3D
lvl.1
Namibia

Greetings. question for X7 owners. I received my brand new X7  a few days ago. It has the latest software on drone and camera. My issue is i have friction on the tilt axis. All my other axis on camera move freely in both directions. On my tilt there is a lot of friction, especialy from horizontal upwards, is this normal? I have a upcoming shoot and fear if i send the camera back i will not receive a new one in time beeing based in Africa.
Any info would be appreciated.
2018-6-1
Use props
BXtreme3D
lvl.1
Namibia

Anybody from DJI have an answer if this is normal on X7?
2018-6-2
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

BXtreme3D Posted at 2018-6-2 22:05
Anybody from DJI have an answer if this is normal on X7?

Mine is the same way when powered on. Have you just tried flying with it?
2018-6-3
Use props
figure1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 622103 ft
United States

Unpowered it should move around freely. I would think you would be OK to use it for your shoot as the motors are pretty strong and should be able to deal with it. Then you could send it in for service after your shoot.
2018-6-3
Use props
BXtreme3D
lvl.1
Namibia

AvatarAir Posted at 2018-6-3 06:45
Mine is the same way when powered on. Have you just tried flying with it?

Hi there. This is without power. Tnx
2018-6-3
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 150932 ft

BXtreme3D Posted at 2018-6-3 10:58
Hi there. This is without power. Tnx

Ok, well, that's very strange. It should be floating all over the place when powered off.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? Did you turn on your Inspire 2 and check the DJI GO 4 app if there will be an error message?
2018-6-4
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-4 16:12
Sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? Did you turn on your Inspire 2 and check the DJI GO 4 app if there will be an error message?

Tony, would you kindly explain how gimbal calibration may possibly eliminate the phenomena of friction?
2018-6-5
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Although I don’t own that exact camera, I have own similar, I think yout camera is fine.. the tolerances on these tiny motors is very close and do require a short break- in period. Fly it around a bit before you send it back....
2018-6-5
Use props
BXtreme3D
lvl.1
Namibia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-4 16:12
Sorry for the trouble that it caused, have you tried to calibrate the gimbal? Did you turn on your Inspire 2 and check the DJI GO 4 app if there will be an error message?

Good day. Please this is not a software issue. When you move the tilt axis I can clearly hear something is rubbing. I own the Z15 gimbal with Panasonic GH3 and the X5S and there is no friction at all on these.I have received gimbal overload warnings on the app occasionally especially when angle is more upwards.I am fortunate that my scheduled shoot has ben delayed so i have a small window not to fly. I have returned the gimbal to the DJI agent here to send back. Will see what happens next. Thank you for your reply.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

BXtreme3D Posted at 2018-6-5 01:42
Good day. Please this is not a software issue. When you move the tilt axis I can clearly hear something is rubbing. I own the Z15 gimbal with Panasonic GH3 and the X5S and there is no friction at all on these.I have received gimbal overload warnings on the app occasionally especially when angle is more upwards.I am fortunate that my scheduled shoot has ben delayed so i have a small window not to fly. I have returned the gimbal to the DJI agent here to send back. Will see what happens next. Thank you for your reply.

Yes, if that the case it would be better if we process a replacement of the camera if it's brand new since we already noticed some issues as well.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules