8635 31 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pendragon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1018776 ft
Netherlands

Hi,

I received my OnePlus 6 and when testing with the Osmo 2 it turns out the DJI Go app is terrrible. When I record with the build-in camera everything is smooth and no focus issues at all but as soon as I click on record using the DJI Go app it starts to focus all the time (and I know I can lock focus, but that will also lock exposure) and when moving the video is very shaky. Anyone else having this issue? All is up to date and OnePlus 6 is running on Android 8.1.

Thanks!
André
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We do apologize for the trouble that it caused, If may I ask what is your firmware version and DJI Go app version? Have you tried to uninstall and re-install the app? (please make sure that important files are saved)
2018-6-1
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

Firmware and app are the latest versions. I already reinstalled the app and also removed de go4 app to see if there is no issue there, but nothing changes. I've seen others with the same issues.
Screenshot_20180601-152444.jpg
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-1 07:31
Firmware and app are the latest versions. I already reinstalled the app and also removed de go4 app to see if there is no issue there, but nothing changes. I've seen others with the same issues.

Thank you for the response, would it be possible if you can provide a short video of the issue? Please use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here.
2018-6-1
Use props
fans6e63fdb6
New
Flight distance : 2717 ft
Italy

Same bad experience with OSMO MOBILE 2 + OP6

there are continuous focusing during recording. the videos are unusable.
2018-6-3
Use props
djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN
lvl.1
Italy

Same problem with oneplus 6... The only way to avoid this is by locking the autofocus
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6e63fdb6 Posted at 2018-6-3 13:15
Same bad experience with OSMO MOBILE 2 + OP6

there are continuous focusing during recording. the videos are unusable.

Please provide the firmware version and app version of your Osmo and please if possible kindly upload a short video, you can use google drive or dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN
lvl.1
Italy

android version: 8.1.0

oxygenOS: 5.1.5

app dji go: 3.1.38

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cQGLAnySRPs_iKKU6HXtrbUM6yr-mITN/view?usp=drivesdk
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN Posted at 2018-6-6 11:02
android version: 8.1.0

oxygenOS: 5.1.5

Have you tried to un-install and re-install the application? (ensure that important files are saved before deleting the app) Did you manage to use a different mobile device? Did you update the firmware as well?
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN
lvl.1
Italy

Yes i have tried to reinstall and doesnt works.. sincerely now i dont have any other mobile device to try. I have all updated. Only dji go app have this problem.  
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

We will forward your concern to our engineers and as soon as we received a feedback from them we will inform you, for the meantime may I have the firmware version of your Osmo mobile 2?
2018-6-6
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-6 13:46
We will forward your concern to our engineers and as soon as we received a feedback from them we will inform you, for the meantime may I have the firmware version of your Osmo mobile 2?

I have already a ticket open with dji support and unfortunately the op6 is not on the compatibility list. I hope dji can fix it anyway. Today a friend of mine will borrow me an iPhone to test. Besides that I tried an Oneplus 3 and that is working fine.
2018-6-6
Use props
djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN
lvl.1
Italy

I have the last firmware version (2.2.0.30).. i have seen many videos on youtube with oneplus 6/osmo mobile 2 that seems to dont have this problem. I Wish that this problem Will be fixed very soon or i Will ask a refound  
2018-6-6
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

djiuser_igeow3uYZbWN Posted at 2018-6-6 21:49
I have the last firmware version (2.2.0.30).. i have seen many videos on youtube with oneplus 6/osmo mobile 2 that seems to dont have this problem. I Wish that this problem Will be fixed very soon or i Will ask a refound

I think they didn't use the dji go app, but the builtin camera app or FilmicPro. I can record video with the builtin camera just fine, but it doesn't have the timelaps and pano options the dji go app has.
2018-6-7
Use props
FedericoSartori
lvl.1

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-7 00:02
I think they didn't use the dji go app, but the builtin camera app or FilmicPro. I can record video with the builtin camera just fine, but it doesn't have the timelaps and pano options the dji go app has.

Yeah probably they use filmic pro or the builtin camera, but i'm pretty sure that in some Gimbal comparison they used the dji go native app . We have to hope that DJI will fix this problem because now is totally unusable.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-6 20:16
I have already a ticket open with dji support and unfortunately the op6 is not on the compatibility list. I hope dji can fix it anyway. Today a friend of mine will borrow me an iPhone to test. Besides that I tried an Oneplus 3 and that is working fine.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, however, we will keep improving our apps to optimized with other types of a mobile device as well. Kindly check our website for future updates.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, we are sorry to hear you all have the problem with OnePlus 6, while this phone is not in our compatible list, I'm afraid there is a compatibility issue with the mobile device.
It is recommended to try other phones especially the one in our list to make sure the performance. We will separate AF and AE in the next APP, thanks for your patience.
2018-6-8
Use props
FedericoSartori
lvl.1

Hope to see OnePlus 6 in the compatible list soon
2018-6-8
Use props
Marko-F
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi Mindy, As phones are costing quite some money nowadays, I don't have access to other phones. Too bad it's not in your compatibility list. Judging from all your clients with this phone on this forum, maybe it should ;-)
2018-6-8
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

Any news on this issue? I haven't seen an update of the app, but my osmo mobile 2 is almost useless now, and I can't return it. Please fix this for us. Thanks!
2018-6-24
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

Yesterday I got an update on the DJI app on my OnePlus6 and everything looks a lot better now. Focussing is not perfect all the time, but 99.9% is gone. Thanks a lot for this update! I'm going to test it more in the coming week and let you know the results.
2018-6-29
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

First record: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftxmy9 ... 629_134339.mp4?dl=0

View in Dropbox is 720P, I recorded it in 4K 30fps, 60fps is not possible. I also noticed that the Osmo is in view on the right side from time to time, so I have to move the OP6 a bit to the left next time.
Another thing I tested is zoom.....it's crap. I will not use it. I'll try it with another app to see if that works better.
2018-6-29
Use props
SubhashNayak
New

United Arab Emirates

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-29 04:14
First record: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ftxmy9 ... 629_134339.mp4?dl=0

View in Dropbox is 720P, I recorded it in 4K 30fps, 60fps is not possible. I also noticed that the Osmo is in view on the right side from time to time, so I have to move the OP6 a bit to the left next time.

Are the other features working fine with OP6? Like the timelapse and hyperlapse?
2018-7-5
Use props
Kikobetty
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hello, I would like to buy a OnePlus 6 to use with Osmo Mobile. I readed all this forum ,but I did not understant if now  the app of Osmo Mobile works at 100% with this smartphone. Somone can confirm that?
thanks
2018-7-9
Use props
Kikobetty
lvl.1

Switzerland

I'm sorry,  it's not the Osmo Mobile, but the Osmo Mobile 2.
thanks
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Kikobetty Posted at 2018-7-9 03:03
Hello, I would like to buy a OnePlus 6 to use with Osmo Mobile. I readed all this forum ,but I did not understant if now  the app of Osmo Mobile works at 100% with this smartphone. Somone can confirm that?
thanks

Hi, thanks for your inquiry, as of the moment, our R&D engineers are working with some devices that we can possibly add to our compatible devices and I'm afraid that the OnePlus 6 is not yet optimized with our apps and unit, however, you might wanna check our compatible devices with our Osmo mobile 2 that was tested with our R&D engineers. Please see the image below.

2018-7-9
Use props
Kikobetty
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear Tony,
thanks for your feedback. However there is no any device in your list that I am interested to buy (my other option was p20 pro). in some forum and on YouTube there are some videos made with oneplus 6 and osmo mobile 2.how is It possible? thanks
2018-7-9
Use props
djiuser_78ovnTKHnD9q
New

United Kingdom

Hi any update with this?
I would like to buy a OSMO mobile 2 but will not if it does not work correctly
2018-7-16
Use props
pendragon
lvl.2
Netherlands

So far everything works fine. Only thing I don't like is that the osmo is sometimes in view using the op6.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_78ovnTKHnD9q Posted at 2018-7-16 08:00
Hi any update with this?
I would like to buy a OSMO mobile 2 but will not if it does not work correctly

Hi, thanks for the inquiry, if your phone is not included on our list it doesn't mean that the app will not work, however, since we're not able to test the specific mobile device we cannot ensure our app stability when using the mobile device and guarantee that it will work always.
2018-7-16
Use props
stormense8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 40030 ft
Sweden

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-7 00:02

One Plus 6 have a sort of time laps but its not fast. 0,25 I think vs DJI app 0,5 and upp. The slow motions on OP 6 is great.

2018-7-28
Use props
djiuser_UNpRIPdQaWrj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1850 ft
United Kingdom

pendragon Posted at 2018-6-6 20:16
I have already a ticket open with dji support and unfortunately the op6 is not on the compatibility list. I hope dji can fix it anyway. Today a friend of mine will borrow me an iPhone to test. Besides that I tried an Oneplus 3 and that is working fine.

My OP6t isn't even recognised by the app, but an old iPhone 6 is.  I believe the 5t is, so maybe they are close - fingers crossed
2019-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules