Speaking Of Following A Subject- Check This Out!
1656 12 2015-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr. Clear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

http://youtu.be/4vGcH0Bk3hg
2015-5-13
Use props
Gustave
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138 ft
Netherlands

Cool
2015-5-14
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Wonder if the guy who tossed that thing off the bridge is the owner? If it were mine I'd certainly toss it off something a little lower until I was sure it was going to deploy.

Fascinating - looks like the only obstacle for quad-powered cameras is imagination!
2015-5-14
Use props
Alterastro
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Very very cool, but $1000 for something with a 20 minute fly time and two hour charge time and no option to replace the battery will be the factor that says 'no' from me :-(

2015-5-14
Use props
Robharris07
lvl.2

United States

Alterastro Posted at 2015-5-14 20:09
Very very cool, but $1000 for something with a 20 minute fly time and two hour charge time and no op ...

if you preorder $500 That might be cheaper enough for me to check it out!
2015-5-14
Use props
bryson79
lvl.2

United States

No obtical avoidance and no controller sounds like a crash is eminent.
2015-5-14
Use props
xguy4ku
lvl.1

United States

not to be a party pooper, but things always look good in a promotional "edited" video, I would like to see a real live test of the follow me function before I decide on something like that, because so far the follow me looks far less then perfect in real settings, the delayed reaction of the drone makes the target fall out of the shot continuously, Just my 2 cents.
2015-5-14
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

It’s the ultimate selfie stick for people with narcissistic personality disorder.
CONS:

No controller.
No colloison avoidance.  (What about trees?)
No landing gear.
No gymbal for stabilization.
No 4K.
No manual exposure control.
No live view from the camera.

PROS:
It's waterproof.
It follows the tracking device automatically.

No Thanks.
2015-5-14
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-14 22:03
It’s the ultimate selfie stick for people with narcissistic personality disorder.
CONS:

Just tossed mine out the car window. Oops - it won't fly that fast.
Oops - it just smashed into that Google driver-less car!

LOL - it does show a lot of imagination though, doesn't it?

I think this stage of drone production/sales/ideas, etc., is reminiscent of the product cycle of the early laptop. A good laptop appears on the market. Sells for $950. You wait and let the early adopters get the kinks worked out. Hopefully, when the new model comes out next year, the old model will be much cheaper - maybe even affordable. Fast forward to next year.

New laptop model comes out. The damned thing is *still* $950, but now it's even more powerful. Where's last year's model? Fast forward to next year.

New laptop model comes out. The blinkin' thing is *still* a blinkin' $950 but now it's even more powerful and it's thinner. Where's last year's model? Where's the model from the year before last?

So I guess in the year 2020 I'll have a drone that costs around $1,500 and will fly alongside me in the rush hour traffic, recharge while it's in the air....

The affordable models won't be worth a hoot! LOL
2015-5-25
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

Rev 2 can be used to follow other people.
2015-5-25
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-5-26 01:33
Just tossed mine out the car window. Oops - it won't fly that fast.
Oops - it just smashed into th ...

If by charge itself as it flys. You mean solar power then I'd pay 1500 for it. That would practically be infinite fligh time on a sunny day.  If that means we're getting solar powered drones then I can't wait for 2020
2015-5-25
Use props
blauer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209403 ft
United States

Hydrogen fuel cell drone
This is the future of drone power not solar
2015-5-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-5-14 22:03
CONS:

Actually there isna controller. Jthey didnt shoq it in the promo video but its there ni watch some other  handsnon videos and ya its thete
2015-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules