Warning Intelli-G FAIL!!!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llcr3ll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>

I had a biggest hopes for this unit and they had big claim full control of your Sony Camera using the expansion module so I bought both as soon as they were availble.  A couple of Intelli-G units and 4 S-Bus converters later we had a working product.  Onother cououple of months fiddling around with firware updates and different configerations we have a fully working product.  

AND.............its aweful, completly useless in real world situaitons.  I will say that Rusu on whatapp was great he was very helpful over the last year and yes it took nearly 12 months to get it working.  The first issue is you loose the ability to control the start stop and record on the LB remote and instead have to map one of the switches over Wi-Fi which isnt amazing but i could live with that if it did what it said.  

So the biggest issue is what it was actually intented for, to change shutter, ISO etc using the dials you have to turn it one direction and cross over the center beep to go one way and then do the opporsite to go the other way.  If you confused dont worry i was too, still i was great if it works ill deal with it, but if you go one way you have to turn the knob back past the beep to do the same action again but in the pprocess if your not quick enough or get it back to the start it thinks your doing the opporsite and goers back to where you start, so you go again and again and eventually if you get it just right you move a couple of stops.  Try this in the air when battery time is a premium and well you know what I felt like doing with the system after 12 months of working on this.......

We brought it back to the studio and spoke again to rusu thinking something was wrong but he conformed this is how it works.  But it doesnt.......I reached out again to see if this was the case if they really expected people to use this and if there was no other solution would they stand by their product and take it back...........crickets yep after all that and Rusu actually being a good goy, nothing.  I sent one email email to the owner just outlineg these problems and if they would take it back or help with a solution........not a single reply.

So i bought Air Comander from Airpixel and it arrived yestewrday so im installing that today and ill let you know.  If anyone still wants an Intelli-G i have a lightly used otherwise im taking a hammer to it for the little bit of satifaction it brings me and save anyone else the pain of having to deal with this thing.  
2018-6-1
Use props
dronie326
lvl.3
Flight distance : 810 ft
United States

How is the Air Commander working for you?
2019-3-19
Use props
CR3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
United States

really good these guys are amazing and just trying to install the new Geo data unit which will be a game changer.
2019-8-2
Use props
milkolun\
lvl.2
Flight distance : 324898 ft

CR3 Posted at 8-2 15:30
really good these guys are amazing and just trying to install the new Geo data unit which will be a game changer.

Do you have control of camera besides shutter?
2019-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules