Cannot take off - error 129
2213 10 2018-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans87683ac3
lvl.1

Hi all.

My drone has been dormant for a little under one year.

When I pick it up and try to start flying again this year, my bird will most of the time just give me a slow/blocky/corrupt live view with an error reading:
Cannot take off. Interference ..blah...blah..stay away from wifi zones or big metal objects. Contact DJI Support.

And sometimes it will just say:
Cannot take off.

(when I go into settings I find error code #129. Contact DJI Support)

And still a couple of times, it will let me fly without problems.

I read that #129 has something to do with updating batteries and/or firmware.
Well, my drone has been dormant for several months, and I can't remember updating either battery or bird.

This is very frustrating. I have very little extra time to spend on the technicalities. I just want to fly!

Thanks for any answers.

2018-6-1
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Install 4.1.15 if have android. Then fly a bit and after few days update to latest DJI Go4. I have a post about it.
2018-6-1
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

Also Calibrate Compass and IMU. Install latest Firmwares including Remote and each Battery.
2018-6-1
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the troubles. After connecting DJI GO 4, please wait some time to refresh the firmware when the inconsistent firmware pops up.  
Alternatively, you can connect the drone with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see whether the warning remains.
2018-6-1
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

This may arise due to old firmware linking with DJI databases online.  Turn off the internet while you fly and switch off the Bluetooth.
2018-6-2
Use props
fans87683ac3
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-1 19:44
Sorry for the troubles. After connecting DJI GO 4, please wait some time to refresh the firmware when the inconsistent firmware pops up.  
Alternatively, you can connect the drone with DJI Assistant 2 to refresh the firmware to see whether the warning remains.

Hi DJI Susan.

Thanks for your answer, but this is exactly what I want to avoid. Updating firmware.
If the problem is caused by inconsistent firmware, and I have to update to keep flying, that is really not what I want.
I fly seldomly. It can be months between each flight. If I then have to update between each flight, I end up with only updating each time I bring out the bird and not flying.

I just want to fly.

In addition, I have not done anything with the bird since it last flew, so why should it not fly now?
2018-6-2
Use props
fans87683ac3
lvl.1

S.J Posted at 2018-6-2 05:31
This may arise due to old firmware linking with DJI databases online.  Turn off the internet while you fly and switch off the Bluetooth.

S.J

I like your answer.

Can you please elaborate a little on what's going on?
Old firmware linking with DJI database online? How does that go about when I am outside my home wifi zone? Turn off internet where? On my mobile phone? In my house?

And - is it possible for the bird to fly in the situation you describe? Because has worked fine a couple of times.

Thanks for you answer!
2018-6-2
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Internet must be switched OFF if you experience restrictions in flight distance. Same is with Bluetooth which some how fiddles with the R/c communication . DJI database may be looking and updating  NFZ restrictions .  You have to switch off the internet in your mobile device on which the GO4 App is installed.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans87683ac3 Posted at 2018-6-2 22:00
Hi DJI Susan.

Thanks for your answer, but this is exactly what I want to avoid. Updating firmware.

As mentioned above, you can refresh the current firmware, no need to update to the latest version if it bothers you.
2018-6-3
Use props
fans87683ac3
lvl.1

Solved it.

I don't know exactly how it did it, or what I did, but I think I connected things inside my wifi zone. I suddenly got a message saying something about refreshing/restoring the firmware. (Don't know why this message didn't appear on my other 5-6 attempts). I answered "yes", and everything now seems to be working ok.

Thanks!
2018-8-27
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

fans87683ac3 Posted at 2018-8-27 04:08
Solved it.

I don't know exactly how it did it, or what I did, but I think I connected things inside my wifi zone. I suddenly got a message saying something about refreshing/restoring the firmware. (Don't know why this message didn't appear on my other 5-6 attempts). I answered "yes", and everything now seems to be working ok.

Welldone, enjoy your Spark.
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules