DJI Goggles Still Don't Work
902 22 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

For the Goggles to work with the Spark, I am told you need a $5 OTG cable to connect the RC and goggles. I bought the Spark. Good product. After lots of research (YouTube, Forum, etc) I decided to take the plunge and buy the Googles. I got them two days ago. They still don't work. It didn't take more than several frustrating minutes to realize that an OTG cable/adapter was needed. I got one locally, but it doesn't work. Maybe it's a bad cable. DJI.com doesn't make a decent point of this OTG cable requirement. There is a qualifier embedded in small print on the page you get after you click the 'But Now'. I missed that one, so I guess it's easy for DJI to blame me. I was a happy customer. I would fly my Spark and it would make my day. I couldn't wait to recharge my batteries and get out there again. Well the honeymoon's over and I've had my Spark for only a week. Bad customer relations, DJI. I work for a Fortune 500 retailer and would expect my people to bend over backwards to help a customer in a similar situation. Now whenever I fly my Spark, it brings back bad memories and resentment. I ordered the cable from DJI ($5 + $15 shipping). And my googles still don't work.

2018-6-2
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I understand your frustration, having an amazing product that you are not able to use. From what I see it is stated quite clearly that "A DJI Goggles - Micro USB OTG Cable is required when working with Spark". Is it possible you missed this?

You could put your Goggles into use while you are waiting for the OTG Cable by hooking up to your TV/Computer and watch a movie meanwhile. But I promise you it's going to be worth the wait.
2018-6-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Are the googles on the latest firmware/app?
2018-6-2
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-6-2 05:08
Are the googles on the latest firmware/app?

I'd say, yes. When activated, I was prompted to update firmware. I was offered a list of  updates. I chose the latest. So, I'd say yes, but ???
2018-6-2
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-6-2 05:04
I understand your frustration, having an amazing product that you are not able to use. From what I see it is stated quite clearly that "A DJI Goggles - Micro USB OTG Cable is required when working with Spark". Is it possible you missed this?[view_image]

You could put your Goggles into use while you are waiting for the OTG Cable by hooking up to your TV/Computer and watch a movie meanwhile. But I promise you it's going to be worth the wait.

I guess you missed the part of my post where I did say that DJI does explain that (an OTG cable is required) on the page after you click 'Buy Now' and in fine print within a block of fine print. This should be explained earlier and more prominently. If I was dealing with a live person, he/she would have realized that I was buying this for a Spark and would have strongly suggested I include the $5 cable in my order. I had spent hours researching the Goggles. When I clicked 'Buy Now', I was concentrating on the ordeal of filling out the order (shipping address, credit card #, etc) completely and correctly, and missed the qualifier. I expect my Customer Service department would have handled this in a manner to help the customer to have a pleasant, productive buying experience. DJI did not. And now they have a customer with bad memories, instead of a customer that would praised the professional way DJI handles their customers. Oh well, I'm full of promises offered but my Goggles still don't work.
2018-6-2
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

I dont have the goggles but if they connect to the controller the same way as a regular smart device then there is a specific order in which the connections are made. First power on the remote, then the Spark and wait for them to bind. Next connect the micro USB end of your standard USB lead into the goggles, then attatch the OTG cable. Final,y plug the micro USB end of the OTG cable into the Controller. This will result in either the Go4 App starting automatically or a popup appearing prompting you to start the Go4 App on the goggles.
2018-6-3
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

Nidge Posted at 2018-6-3 03:05
I dont have the goggles but if they connect to the controller the same way as a regular smart device then there is a specific order in which the connections are made. First power on the remote, then the Spark and wait for them to bind. Next connect the micro USB end of your standard USB lead into the goggles, then attatch the OTG cable. Final,y plug the micro USB end of the OTG cable into the Controller. This will result in either the Go4 App starting automatically or a popup appearing prompting you to start the Go4 App on the goggles.

"This will result in either the Go4 App starting automatically or a popup appearing prompting you to start the Go4 App on the goggles."

I assume you mean on my phone. It's my understanding that a phone is not required, but results in much shorter range. Maybe you're saying Go4 starting on the Goggles. I've never heard of such a thing, but what do I know. However, if you're talking about Go4 on my phone, when exactly do I pair my phone to the RC? This whole thing sounds convoluted, but at this point I'll try most anything. DJI has me over a barrel and I can't afford to give up now. Or maybe I should just dump this whole mess on eBay and cut my losses. Like I said, promises made but my DJI Goggles still don't work.
2018-6-3
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJIJAKOB Posted at 2018-6-2 05:04
I understand your frustration, having an amazing product that you are not able to use. From what I see it is stated quite clearly that "A DJI Goggles - Micro USB OTG Cable is required when working with Spark". Is it possible you missed this?[view_image]

I did try connecting to my DirecTV and that does work. However, the image is worse that on my old 720p HDTV. And these goggles are suppose to be 1080p? Wow, not good. But DJI did include the necessary HDMI cable for that.
Too bad my DJI Goggles don't work on my Spark.
But thanks for the suggestion.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please restart the Goggles and follow the tutorial video below to try to connect it again? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help. Thank you in advance!

2018-6-3
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-3 22:13
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear about the issue that you are experiencing. Could you please restart the Goggles and follow the tutorial video below to try to connect it again? If there is any further issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help. Thank you in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo1ki0_SfF4&list=PL8-vxWY64sBPfRAfQlrjsroLMp4YwkrYq&index=6&t=10s

Hi, Diana. Thank you for your comment. Yes, I've seen that video (several times) and have tried that. As I said earlier, I don't have a DJI OTG cable (on order last week, might get it this week), but I do have an OTG cable I bought at a local retailer. It doesn't work. Might be a bad cable. Contacted DJI tech support. All they did was ask me if i had the latest firmware, I told them I had whatever firmware the the Goggles prompted me to install as the latest, and then was told I had a bad cable. That's it. I might as well be talking to a robot. Basically how I feel whenever I talk to any person at DJI. BTW, I tried to email my concerns to DJI but that also doesn't work. I couldn't get past the 'I am not a robot' verification code. Ironic, huh? Anyway, I 'thank you' for your 'apology' and your 'help'. Maybe, soon, I'll receive my DJI OTG cable and this will all clear up. Frankly, I'm discouraged with DJI. Promises made, but my DJI Googles still don't work
2018-6-4
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Dr Dug , i'm a long time user with the dji googles and spark.

Make sure you have everything on the latest firmware , Spark , Googles etc.

Connect your mobile device to the Rc as normal ( IOS for me on OTG lead ) , get everything ready for a flight , record your homepoint on your mobile device then remove the OTG from your mobile device and connect into the dji googles , if working you will see the image from the camera and all the gps and signal information in the googles, you are ready to go.

if not working , remove the otg and connect to your mobile device and try again.

it can be a bit frustration at times but when working is the only way to fly
2018-6-4
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2018-6-4 05:08
Hi Dr Dug , i'm a long time user with the dji googles and spark.

Make sure you have everything on the latest firmware , Spark , Googles etc.

Hi, m1n1s. Thanks for the comment. Yeah tried all that:
Latest firmware, check
Record homepoint via mobile device, check
Connect RC to Goggles via OTG (I picked up locally), check
Doesn't work. Maybe it's a bad OTG or wrong type OTG. Who knows. Not me.

I ordered a DJI OTG cable. Might get it this week. Since I've received my DJI Goggles I've had several days that would have been great to do some Spark exploration, but I can't get the goggles to work. I tried to explain to DJI that when I ordered my goggles that I never noticed any disclaimer that an OTG is required:
1. Go to DJI.com... nothing on that page
2. Go to Consumer, DJI Goggles.... nothing screen after screen, but mentions compatible with Spark 3Xs, never mentions need of OTG cable, not even in the footnotes
3. OK, now I'm ready to buy so click 'Buy Now'... nothing on the first screen and the only 'Related Products' listed are the corrective lenses
4. At this point, I press 'PgDn' past the qualifier (in fine print) that an OTG is needed, to the big blue 'Shop Now' button
5. I clicked on 'Shop Now' and the one time DJI mentions that an OTG is needed is lost.
6. I blew it!!!

As I have mentioned before, I work for a Fortune 500 retailer and I would expect my Customer Service department to bend over backwards to help a customer who has been steered wrong by a poorly designed web page. I would authorize the $5 cable to be shipped overnight at our expense to try to appease my customer and help make for an enjoyable buying experience. What would it cost us? A $1 cable and overnight shipping. Cheap for good customer relations. Obviously DJI and I don't share the same philosophy. My buying experience with DJI and the DJI Googles has been a nightmare.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dr Dug Posted at 2018-6-4 03:38
Hi, Diana. Thank you for your comment. Yes, I've seen that video (several times) and have tried that. As I said earlier, I don't have a DJI OTG cable (on order last week, might get it this week), but I do have an OTG cable I bought at a local retailer. It doesn't work. Might be a bad cable. Contacted DJI tech support. All they did was ask me if i had the latest firmware, I told them I had whatever firmware the the Goggles prompted me to install as the latest, and then was told I had a bad cable. That's it. I might as well be talking to a robot. Basically how I feel whenever I talk to any person at DJI. BTW, I tried to email my concerns to DJI but that also doesn't work. I couldn't get past the 'I am not a robot' verification code. Ironic, huh? Anyway, I 'thank you' for your 'apology' and your 'help'. Maybe, soon, I'll receive my DJI OTG cable and this will all clear up. Frankly, I'm discouraged with DJI. Promises made, but my DJI Googles still don't work

Hi, thank you so much for your explanation, I do understand your concern and how you are feeling, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support, we will forward it to the related team for investigation and keep improving the customer service. Hope you can receive the OTG cable soon and hope everything is fine then, please keep us in updated. If there is any other issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.
2018-6-5
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Dr Dug Posted at 2018-6-4 16:23
Hi, m1n1s. Thanks for the comment. Yeah tried all that:
Latest firmware, check
Record homepoint via mobile device, check

Hi Dr Dug , you are lucky you didn't have to go the DJI store in Shenzhen and get an exchange sorted , took me best part of the day , all they wanted to do was send me away

Eventually they realised to help me was the only way to get rid of me
2018-6-5
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2018-6-5 03:29
Hi Dr Dug , you are lucky you didn't have to go the DJI store in Shenzhen and get an exchange sorted , took me best part of the day , all they wanted to do was send me away

Eventually they realised to help me was the only way to get rid of me

Reminds me of a joke about Customer Service:

There was this guy in Russia who saved for years to buy a car. He took the money to the dealership and said he wanted to buy a car. They took his money and said come back in 10 years when car would be ready, He said, "10 years??? I can't do that!!! That's when they're coming to fix my TV!!

Thanks for the comment.
2018-6-6
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-5 00:52
Hi, thank you so much for your explanation, I do understand your concern and how you are feeling, sorry for the unpleasant experience with our support, we will forward it to the related team for investigation and keep improving the customer service. Hope you can receive the OTG cable soon and hope everything is fine then, please keep us in updated. If there is any other issue, please feel free to let us know, we're glad to help.

Hi, Diana. Thanks for your comments and wishes for a speedy delivery of my DJI OTG cable.
I checked the status of my order: I ordered my cable ($5 + $15 shipping) and got payment confirmation five days ago and according to your website it still has not been shipped. I could have ordered that cable with the Goggles. I should have ordered that cable with the Goggles. I would have received that cable with the Goggles. Your website does not properly explain this requirement and therefore my DJI Goggles still does not work. I'm still waiting on DJI and  will post any changes in this.
2018-6-6
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft

If you think you might have a bad cable, why didn't you go back to your "local" store and buy another one or exchange the "bad" one?? Didn't $15 shipping for a $5 cable sound like a bad deal?
2018-6-6
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

brasda91 Posted at 2018-6-6 05:38
If you think you might have a bad cable, why didn't you go back to your "local" store and buy another one or exchange the "bad" one?? Didn't $15 shipping for a $5 cable sound like a bad deal?

Yeah, got it 'locally' online ($5 including shipping, two day delivery & pickup at local office supply). DJI Tech support told me my OTG cable was bad, based on asking me if firmware was up to date (all are). Maybe the cable is bad or wrong type (if there is such a thing). Who knows? How can you tell? Ordered DJI OTG cable to try to put this whole ordeal to rest. Yes, $20 for a $5 cable does seem like a bad deal. But ordered and payment confirmed five days ago. It still hasn't shipped. So the saga continues...
and My DJI Goggles Still Don't Work.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dr Dug Posted at 2018-6-6 03:03
Hi, Diana. Thanks for your comments and wishes for a speedy delivery of my DJI OTG cable.
I checked the status of my order: I ordered my cable ($5 + $15 shipping) and got payment confirmation five days ago and according to your website it still has not been shipped. I could have ordered that cable with the Goggles. I should have ordered that cable with the Goggles. I would have received that cable with the Goggles. Your website does not properly explain this requirement and therefore my DJI Goggles still does not work. I'm still waiting on DJI and  will post any changes in this.

Hi, may I know your order number? I'd like to help you check the status of your order. Regarding the OTG cable, actually, it has said on the website when you purchase the Goggles: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles?from=menu_products

2018-6-7
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-7 00:17
Hi, may I know your order number? I'd like to help you check the status of your order. Regarding the OTG cable, actually, it has said on the website when you purchase the Goggles: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles?from=menu_products

[view_image]

Yes, the order number is 0011745087900. Thank you for your help on this.

Also, I've seen the page on the DJI Goggle and the OTG cable. It is one of 20 or 30 pages that DJI shows on the Goggles and the only page that I've seen that mentions the requirement. The progression of my visit to DJI.com for the purpose of buying the Goggles follows:
1. Go to DJI.com... nothing on that page about needing an OTG cable
2. Go to Consumer, DJI Goggles.... nothing, screen after screen, but mentions compatible with Spark 3Xs, never mentions need of OTG cable, not even in the footnotes
3. OK, now I'm ready to buy so click 'Buy Now'... nothing on the first screen and the only 'Related Products' listed are the corrective lenses
4. At this point, I press 'PgDn' past the qualifier (in fine print) that an OTG is needed, to the big blue 'Shop Now' button
5. I clicked on 'Shop Now' and the one time DJI mentions that an OTG is needed is lost.

It would be helpful if DJI was to mention this requirement earlier and more prominently.
We all know that when a consumer is ready to buy, they don't read every page of fine print handed to them. I was guilty of that faux pas. And now I'm paying for it.

Any help in the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dr Dug Posted at 2018-6-7 02:14
Yes, the order number is 0011745087900. Thank you for your help on this.

Also, I've seen the page on the DJI Goggle and the OTG cable. It is one of 20 or 30 pages that DJI shows on the Goggles and the only page that I've seen that mentions the requirement. The progression of my visit to DJI.com for the purpose of buying the Goggles follows:

Really sorry for the frustration, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you, I will forward it to the related team, hope they will consider it and improve it in the future if possible.

For your order#0011745087900, as per check, you purchased two items: DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable and the DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses. However, the Corrective Lenses estimated to ship 10-15 business days after payment confirmation, which you can check it from the website: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... ve-lenses?vid=36901, you are recommended to wait for it patiently, thanks!

2018-6-7
Use props
Dr Dug
lvl.1
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-7 04:40
Really sorry for the frustration, I'd like to express my sincere sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you, I will forward it to the related team, hope they will consider it and improve it in the future if possible.

For your order#0011745087900, as per check, you purchased two items: DJI Goggles Micro USB OTG Cable and the DJI Goggles Corrective Lenses. However, the Corrective Lenses estimated to ship 10-15 business days after payment confirmation, which you can check it from the website: https://store.dji.com/product/dji-goggles-corrective-lenses?vid=36901, you are recommended to wait for it patiently, thanks!

In the entire process of my placing this order, never did I see that qualifier. If I had, I would not have ordered the lenses. I have had my DJI Googles for over two weeks and they have never worked. I now understand I need an OTG cable for my goggles to work. I wish DJI had made this clear when I ordered my goggles. Now I am told that my OTG cable will not be shipped any time soon because I need to wait for the second item which I don't need. I need an OTG cable for my DJI Goggles to work. I ordered the cable a week ago and now I am told I have to wait an additional two weeks before my cable will be shipped and then wait most of another week before I receive the necessary cable. DJI Customer Service is not helping. Your website does not properly explain itself in either case. DJI could easily fix this horrible issue, but has chosen to allow me to suffer instead.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Dr Dug Posted at 2018-6-7 07:18
In the entire process of my placing this order, never did I see that qualifier. If I had, I would not have ordered the lenses. I have had my DJI Googles for over two weeks and they have never worked. I now understand I need an OTG cable for my goggles to work. I wish DJI had made this clear when I ordered my goggles. Now I am told that my OTG cable will not be shipped any time soon because I need to wait for the second item which I don't need. I need an OTG cable for my DJI Goggles to work. I ordered the cable a week ago and now I am told I have to wait an additional two weeks before my cable will be shipped and then wait most of another week before I receive the necessary cable. DJI Customer Service is not helping. Your website does not properly explain itself in either case. DJI could easily fix this horrible issue, but has chosen to allow me to suffer instead.

Hi, as per check, you have canceled the order#0011745087900 and made a new one, I have forwarded your new order to the related warehouse team and pushed them to ship it as earlier as possible. There will be a tracking number for you soon, please don't worry, I will also help you keep an eye on it. Thanks!
2018-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules