Osmo Pro X5 Focus Peaking
2157 16 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

I need some help please.
I am in the process of perhaps purchasing an Osmo pro combo with the X5 camera which uses the DJI Go app.
I have read that their is NO FOCUS PEAKING FOR VIDEO RECORDING like with the mavic pro and other DJI cameras.
IS THIS TRUE? if so does using the crystalsky 5.5 allow a focus peaking function.
For professional video recording focus peaking is a must have.
Thank you for your help.
2018-6-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide more details about the "Focus Peaking"? We'd like to help you confirm it with our engineers, thanks!
2018-6-3
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-6-3 20:25
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, could you please provide more details about the "Focus Peaking"? We'd like to help you confirm it with our engineers, thanks!

Hi Diana, I have a mavic pro and I can turn on focus peaking to low med or high which shows a red color highlighting when you are in focus. I need to know if this function is available with the osmo pro x5 as I have read it is not an option for video recording only photos. I need focus peaking for video recording to be available in the osmo pro for video as I do professional video. Thank you Diana,
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-4 06:08
Hi Diana, I have a mavic pro and I can turn on focus peaking to low med or high which shows a red color highlighting when you are in focus. I need to know if this function is available with the osmo pro x5 as I have read it is not an option for video recording only photos. I need focus peaking for video recording to be available in the osmo pro for video as I do professional video. Thank you Diana,

Your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for clarification. Kindly wait for the feedback so that we can provide further information. Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-4 13:22
Your concern has been forwarded to our engineers for clarification. Kindly wait for the feedback so that we can provide further information. Thank you.

Thank you Tony, Looking forward to your response.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-4 14:00
Thank you Tony, Looking forward to your response.

Hi Sir, there is Focus Peaking for Osmo Pro, here is a screenshot for your reference, thanks for your interest in DJI product. GTScreenshot_20180605_151224.png
2018-6-4
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-4 23:13
Hi Sir, there is Focus Peaking for Osmo Pro, here is a screenshot for your reference, thanks for your interest in DJI product.[view_image]

Dear Mindy, Thank you for confirming this feature. However can you confirm it works for Video recording not photo only as i believe.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-4 23:28
Dear Mindy, Thank you for confirming this feature. However can you confirm it works for Video recording not photo only as i believe.

Sure, it will display in the live feed as long as you turn it on no matter which mode you select.
2018-6-5
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 02:39
Sure, it will display in the live feed as long as you turn it on no matter which mode you select.

Thank you Mindy, I read on this forum that it only worked for photo. So thanks for confirming.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-5 04:03
Thank you Mindy, I read on this forum that it only worked for photo. So thanks for confirming.

Please keep us updated whenever you encounter any problem. Thank you.
2018-6-5
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-5 11:23
Please keep us updated whenever you encounter any problem. Thank you.

Hi Tony, I received my Osmo Pro but without the Lens hood. Also for the standard DJI lens do I need a balancing ring? I bought from a DJI seller not the DJI store so I will contact them.
Can you advise about the balancing ring please, is it part of the lens hood or a separate part and how does it fit on the DJI lens.
Many Thanks for your time and help.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-6 11:34
Hi Tony, I received my Osmo Pro but without the Lens hood. Also for the standard DJI lens do I need a balancing ring? I bought from a DJI seller not the DJI store so I will contact them.
Can you advise about the balancing ring please, is it part of the lens hood or a separate part and how does it fit on the DJI lens.
Many Thanks for your time and help.

We do have a compatible balancing ring and if it's required to put a lens hood to that specific lens. Kindly check the photo below.
2018-6-6
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-6 12:41
We do have a compatible balancing ring and if it's required to put a lens hood to that specific lens. Kindly check the photo below.
[view_image]

Thank you Tony, I will have to get onto the seller as the DJI MFT 15mm says it should have BR- 46-10. I guess this is important to balance the lens properly.
Best regards.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

My pleasure, this might help you as well for you to install the balancing ring and lens with X5 camera. Kindly check the image below.
2018-6-6
Use props
mpdigiman
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-6 13:51
My pleasure, this might help you as well for you to install the balancing ring and lens with X5 camera. Kindly check the image below.
[view_image]

Tony all I can say is EXCELLENT SERVICE thank you for talking the time to help me out.
Very much appreciated.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

mpdigiman Posted at 2018-6-6 14:43
Tony all I can say is EXCELLENT SERVICE thank you for talking the time to help me out.
Very much appreciated.

You're most welcome, kindly keep us updated.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules