Drone Attempted Murder!
544 11 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cireland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So I found this spot to fly by reading these forums been there a couple of time to mess around all without issues, today I am up early decide I will go down there take some good videos to learn to edit etc, well things didn't quite go to plan!

I was flying around about 2 mins into the flight found some old boats that I wanted to take some close up of,  as I got near some guy came up to me and started chatting, aware there were birds on the boats I decided to pull back and up and away before talking to this guy well in the process of me doing that... This happens....

It may not look like it, but the ground is incredibly wet and spongy it's a tidal marsh walking on it without the correct gear is not recommended! I walked about 10 foot in before I started sinking into the ground up to my ankle in mud, decided I needed help! After about 45 mins of searching all was good!
Drone was covered in mud but still powered on, just kept recording - What was interesting is that it discconted from the controller and when I tried to 'find my drone' the alarm and LED options were greyed out... Anyone know why this would be? I mean it was not helpful given it went down in deep vegitation the alarm/beeper would had been very handy!

It's pretty much the first video I have made so excuse the quailty..

2018-6-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

I walked about 10 foot in before I started sinking into the ground up to my ankle in mud

In a place very near where I usally fly, that's not mud, that's damp dirt!   Mud is when you sink up to your knees, and your muck boots are sucked off.

Glad you got your drone back.  Dang birds anyway!  
2018-6-2
Use props
Hurley1718
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad you recovered your bird. Hope everything is functioning as normal.
2018-6-2
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Yeah that bird took a direct attack at the drone it seems.  Glad that it was soft mud and you recovered it.  
2018-6-2
Use props
cireland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

@hedgetrimmer that sounds a nightmare to get back if you ever went down!

Mavic is my first drone and i only bought it a month ago was a pretty stressful 45mins!

I just tried it out in my garden all seems to be good got most of the mud out still some inside where the gimbal is but doesn’t appear to be affecting the gimbal movement. Tempted to send it to DJI for a once over and check as I bought the refresh care. But I’m going away on the 15th June and wanted to take it with me....
2018-6-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Glad you got the Drone back
2018-6-2
Use props
wobbles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

Glad you got it back safe, and now you have the wicked footage , great if take screen shots of just before you can have a nice pic on wall ....lol
2018-6-2
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Kindly consider changing the title of this thread, Thank you!
2018-6-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nice dive Dude!

You can use this to suck the mud out from tight places. Have fun!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... &pf_rd_i=2237481011
2018-6-2
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I continue to watch birds colliding with drones and I'm surprised in the physics where birds can knock out a drone from the sky, and especially live to tell about it? I mean those propellers should be enough of a line defense of any knowingly or unknowingly bird who came into contact with a drone like Mavic Pro, where its reflex would kick-in lessening force of colliding birds?
2018-6-2
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW.  Glad you got it back!

i would try to use some compressed air, and q-tips to clean the gimbal area.

2018-6-2
Use props
cireland
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for the tips I tried the compressed air as I had some knocking around using that in conjunction with the  Sterile Ear Syringe I bought worked a treat almost looking brand new!

Thanks
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules