Calibrating IMU
1038 9 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jor_tucson
lvl.1
United States

First post: My son gave me a Spark and I'm trying to get it going. I found some great youtube videos but I am stalled at the IMU calibration step. I tap the button and the DJI Go 4 application displays a progress bar that is almost complete and a dialog that says it is calibrating but it goes no further. Is there something I can do to make it happen? Thanks.
jor

2018-6-2
Use props
jor_tucson
lvl.1
United States

Forgot to add that I am using the app on an iPhone 6 and I do not have a controller yet.
2018-6-2
Use props
KurtVD
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365299 ft
Switzerland

I got stuck there too at first, it is not very clear what you should do: To calibrate the IMU, the Spark has to be put in different positions and then the computer does its thing for a few seconds for each position. The graphic at the left shows in what position the Spark should be put in next. When you see the progress bar not making progress, it is waiting for you, for the next position.
2018-6-2
Use props
JDavidTX
lvl.3
Flight distance : 604495 ft
United States

The location that you are using to calibrate is it perfectly level?  Also I have found that if I try and calibrate on my desk in front of the computer it doesn't work right and hangs like you have mentioned.  I use a flat level wooded kitchen table that has no metal or anything electrical near it and it works every time.  I think trying to calibrate it that close to the computer messes with it however but I can't prove that either.
2018-6-2
Use props
jor_tucson
lvl.1
United States

JDavidTX Posted at 2018-6-2 20:18
The location that you are using to calibrate is it perfectly level?  Also I have found that if I try and calibrate on my desk in front of the computer it doesn't work right and hangs like you have mentioned.  I use a flat level wooded kitchen table that has no metal or anything electrical near it and it works every time.  I think trying to calibrate it that close to the computer messes with it however but I can't prove that either.

Thanks to you both for these replies. Regarding the position display, mine does not advance beyond the first image. Re the flat surface without metal, I will give that a try today. I did have it close to the computer at first and I tried it outdoors but the ground was not level.

From the amount of activity on this forum, it looks like a lucked out in choosing the right one.
jor
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jor_tucson Posted at 2018-6-3 07:00
Thanks to you both for these replies. Regarding the position display, mine does not advance beyond the first image. Re the flat surface without metal, I will give that a try today. I did have it close to the computer at first and I tried it outdoors but the ground was not level.

From the amount of activity on this forum, it looks like a lucked out in choosing the right one.

Follow this Buddy -

2018-6-3
Use props
jor_tucson
lvl.1
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-3 09:06
Follow this Buddy -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8

Got it. I noted in DMX's video that the propellers were supposed to be off. Took them off and it worked! This thing might fly after all!
jor
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

jor_tucson Posted at 2018-6-3 11:50
Got it. I noted in DMX's video that the propellers were supposed to be off. Took them off and it worked! This thing might fly after all!
jor

Very Well ! Have Fun Buddy !!

2018-6-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Make sure you are placing the Spark in its correct position as illustrated from the pictures instructing you to move between the different positions. When I first attempted to calibrate IMU, there had been long intervals of time when the green light required me to re-position the Spark to the correct angle illustrated on the device screen at that particular moment. Make sure you are adjusting to the DJI logo and front forward camera facing side of the Spark when going through the prompts.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello! We do apologize you're having issues calibrating your Spark. You can follow this step to be guided on how to do the calibration: If it doesn't work, you can reinstall the app and do it again.
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules