Camera Settings and Shutter Buttons not availablie
3717 18 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

My drone flies wonderfully and there is an image coming through on the DJI go app. However I'm not able to take photos or videos, adjust settings or even reformat my sd because the buttons are simply not there in the DJI go app on iOS (photo attached) and greyed out on android. I have tried different phones and cards, deleting and redownloading the app, reformatting my sd's, relinking my rc to the drone, but nothing has worked. [size=14.6667px]I've had it for about 2 years. worked perfectly fine for a year. then one day the shutter button and camera settings disappeared while in flight. I've been trying to figure out why ever since. my best hunch is that it's firmware related because I've been unable to update, when I try the update failed message pops up. the light on the gimbal goes from blinking green and red to solid red and the beeping turns into a constant tone when it fails. Any help would be appreciated.

Image-1.jpg

2018-6-2
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft
United States

I'd assume it's a software update issue within the app. Not much you can do as Dji barely supports android.
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, may I know which drone and mobile device do you use? What's the current aircraft, controller and APP version?
2018-6-3
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-3 23:22
Hi there, may I know which drone and mobile device do you use? What's the current aircraft, controller and APP version?

It is a Phantom 3 Standard. The screenshot above is on an iPhone 7, I mainly use a Galaxy s7 though. How do I figure out the version of those things?
2018-6-4
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

Okay found the versions: app=3.1.38 firmware=1.8.10+
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

jake.toth Posted at 2018-6-4 08:12
Okay found the versions: app=3.1.38 firmware=1.8.10+

See below the current versions I had a week ago. It appears you are on an older firmware?

2018-6-4
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 08:24
See below the current versions I had a week ago. It appears you are on an older firmware?

[view_image]

Correct. As mentioned above I have been unable to upgrade firmware.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

jake.toth Posted at 2018-6-4 08:25
Correct. As mentioned above I have been unable to upgrade firmware.

Sorry - I over-read this.
When you are trying to update:  Are you 100% sure your device is connected with the RC WiFi?
I had an update issue because I kept thinking I was connected. In the Wifi adapter settings it said 'Saved'.
Then I realized I kept putting in the wrong password since I have changed the default one some time back.

You don't get an error message upon wrong password input.
Pls check in your adapter settings if it says 'Connected'.
2018-6-4
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 08:56
Sorry - I over-read this.
When you are trying to update:  Are you 100% sure your device is connected with the RC WiFi?
I had an update issue because I kept thinking I was connected. In the Wifi adapter settings it said 'Saved'.

I assume that the phone is connected to the RC because there is an image coming through to the app from the camera
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

jake.toth Posted at 2018-6-4 08:58
I assume that the phone is connected to the RC because there is an image coming through to the app from the camera

Ha, ha - well, you are right! ;-)

I'm just not so familiar anymore with the P3S.  I can't fly any further than 70-80m, then it disconnects.
I gave up on it...
Good luck finding the problem!
2018-6-4
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-4 09:06
Ha, ha - well, you are right! ;-)

I'm just not so familiar anymore with the P3S.  I can't fly any further than 70-80m, then it disconnects.

Thank you for trying haha. And yea it might be time for me to scoop up the Mavic Air.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
  • >>>

jake.toth Posted at 2018-6-4 09:09
Thank you for trying haha. And yea it might be time for me to scoop up the Mavic Air.

Just in case - here is the tutorial about updating.
I remember how it drove me nuts when I bought the P3S with this constant switching between home Wifi and RC wifi. Of course I did things wrong and I was minutes away from throwing that thing out of the window. Then it suddenly worked ;-)

2018-6-4
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft

Are you using Go4 app? Screen looks like it. You need DJI Go before P4.
2018-6-4
Use props
jake.toth
lvl.1
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2018-6-4 10:10
Are you using Go4 app? Screen looks like it. You need DJI Go before P4.

Definitely using the before PS4 version
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jake.toth Posted at 2018-6-4 10:13
Definitely using the before PS4 version

Sorry for the troubles. Were you able the follow the post #12? Let us know the result. Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

This issue has been forwarded to our engineers for review. We'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-6-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Update: Jake, I just got an update from our engineers that they need to confirm the below points:
1. Does the issue appear suddenly? Do you still what's your operation before this appeared?
2. For the upgrade issue, please kindly export the upgrade log for analysis.
You can find it from here: SD card>MISC(show the hidden file)>LOG
2018-6-11
Use props
fans54057fdc
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
I have problems with DJI GO (1.9.20) which operates my Phantom 3 standard.
1. Warning message: gimbal disconnected
2. While the aircraft and gimbal, yes!, responds to  all controller’s commands the Camera Bar and ALL the buttons disappeared/vanished from the screen. Thus, there’s no camera access to take a picture or shoot a video. Please help!!!
2023-2-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans54057fdc Posted at 2-4 14:26
Hi,
I have problems with DJI GO (1.9.20) which operates my Phantom 3 standard.
1. Warning message: gimbal disconnected

Hi there, you may try to remove the SD card and check again, if the issue persists, there may be a hardware issue, as Phantom 3 Standard has been listed EOS, (announcement link: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1), we sincerely recommend that you upgrade to an alternative product of a new model so that you can enjoy our more recent, improved technologies, and we can then continue to provide you with efficient customer service.
Thank you for your understanding.
2023-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules