Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 Vision+ Lost Control then Crash
1791 7 2014-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
devlavigne
New

United States

I was flying my Phantom 2 Vision+ and all was well - moving around at a low altitude - 15-20 feet. It came in for a landing hit the ground and then it took off with a mind of its own. It headed skyward quickly, crossed a street and then came down and crashed in a parking lot. The video shows it then trying to get back in the sky - presumably to return home? But it then hits a tree on its ascent and crashes down again. It seems fine, but the prop guards are destroyed and all 4 propellers are badly damaged. I'm wondering what caused this behaviour and if it needs repairs. I'm hesitant to fly it again given the erratic behavior. The lights were all green on take off. Video can be seen here - http://youtu.be/iquE9Pnwlps

2014-11-1
Use props
dieterste36
lvl.2

Germany

You in great luck, if you had no damage in the camera and the gimbal. Propellers and guards not realy expensive.
2014-11-1
Use props
away-point
lvl.3

United States

Scary and frustrating!  

Watching your video sparked a thought...

The revised Phantom has a new compass.  Potentially, the new firmware includes something for the new compass.  

The way your Phantom was turning in circles sure seems like it could be compass related.

Coincidence????
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Denmark

But you did get a cool video
2014-11-1
Use props
devlavigne
New

United States

haha - yeah, thanks....it was like bringing an expensive puppy home and watching it run away...into traffic
2014-11-1
Use props
jaywoodz
New

United States

Shouldnt DJI cover that?? That's clearly not your fault and the reason it did that is because of the firmware update.
2014-11-1
Use props
robbin.bergqvis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59839 ft

Croatia

Yesterday mine also hunts left and right, but not this much, just 5-15 degrees. I did 5 compass calibrations, no luck.
The flight was erratic, Dropping height, no firm position, hunting heading.
It was not even stable, it behaved like it was gusty wind, but it was dead still outside.

2014-11-2
Use props
nicodevries1983
lvl.1

Netherlands

Hi similar problems here, about that compass this is probably the problem. Mine crashed aswell after the update so check my topic and video of compass malfunction here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2014-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules