Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass Problems with Android Phone
1706 9 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Col20H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1998 ft
United Kingdom

Hello
This is an odd one .
When i connect  my spark to  my Iphone  i have no issues with the compass  and everything points in the right direction in the DjiGO app . Latest .
Aircraft is calibrated perfectly  on compass and IMU  , in a field , no watch or jewelery  etc  .  But my Samsung  S6 edge isnt playing nicely .
When i connect to it ,  either with wifi  or OTG   the orientation is off  . Below is a sceenshot  . Spark was  right in front of RC and Samsung phone  pointing directly ahead , everything reported back  as normal . I know its in ATTi mode because i was inside , but outdoors its the same .
Now with the iphone in the same position   , green and red points straight ahead .    As you can see Android points  south west .
I have looked for an answer on the forum but cant quite grasp what to do to make it point ahead .    i dont see how to toggle it north etc .
Hope you can help ,   always happy to learn .
Thanks

Android Compass

Android Compass
2018-6-3
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So no one knows ?
Yikes.  I'd better contact dji I guess .
2018-6-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Try to calibrate your compass on the phone
2018-6-4
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply .
I have tried to calibrate it by typing  #*0#* but when I go to  sensor  it always says  FAIL   no matter how much I move the phone around .  It's a Samsung  S6 Edge .
2018-6-4
Use props
Haggi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Col20H Posted at 2018-6-4 02:48
Thanks for the reply .
I have tried to calibrate it by typing  #*0#* but when I go to  sensor  it always says  FAIL   no matter how much I move the phone around .  It's a Samsung  S6 Edge .

Stay clear of any magnetic objects..incl any protective case.
Move your phone in figure 8 (all axes)
I always imagine I spank my mother-in-law. Works every time!
2018-6-4
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks so much ,
It was the case causing the issue .  Took it off and problem resolved .
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. Thank you for sharing that information.
2018-6-4
Use props
allendavid
New

Pakistan

Google Maps sometimes requires to calibrate my phone compass. Last time it did so, Can Someone Do My Essay For Me I was in a hurry and didn't try to, and now the compass does look a bit off. I decided to find a calibrate compass setting in Maps, but I couldn't get it.
2018-6-5
Use props
Col20H
lvl.2
United Kingdom

My S6 Edge is now calibrated and turns and points correctly in Google maps , but in the dji go app  it will not turn at all.
It does on my iPhone though.  Weird .
2018-6-6
Use props
Sadia Malik
lvl.1

Pakistan

I agree with you. Sometimes it happens on an android device but you can clean your cache and then start mapping it gives you the exact location wherever you want to go.
2020-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules