TODAY I LOST MY NEW DJI SPARK DRONE, PLEASE HELP!!!
899614 899614 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Russia

Yeah. Ofcourse next time i will install independent gps tracker. Didnt know that it could be found with find my drone feature.a bit dissappointed.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I meant DIDNT KNOW THAT IT COULD NOT BE FOUND!!! WITH FIND MY DRONE APP
2018-6-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately you were 756 ft (230m) high at the time it lost connection.  If it started its descent immediately (not sure that is the case) and it descended at its maximum descent speed of 9.8 ft/s (3 m/s), that would have taken 77 seconds to descend.  It was traveling approximately 8 miles per hour (3.58m/s) horizontally when it disconnected.  

In those 77 seconds, it could have traveled approximately 275 meters from its last location.  Being optimistic, I think finding it is going to be extremely difficult

I'm very sorry to hear you've lost your aircraft and that your nephew is upset.  However, the flight you chose to conduct was extremely risky even for a very experienced user due to wind conditions and height you chose to fly to.  When you choose to conduct such risky behavior (especially with no experience), the likelihood of losing your aircraft increases exponentially.  
I wish you the best of luck in moving forward.  Cheers!
2018-6-3
Use props
Aurelian (Spark)
Second Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 05:28
Also. I was flying in a wodded area. Its lost in the woods. I tried to upload the logs following the link but its ends up in page error. Please help

It could be in a tree, which makes it impossible to find it.
2018-6-3
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Finally this case of another pure pilot error remains closed !!
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Hmm. Im not sure about pilot error. The wind was too strong for the drone to handle.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Why does dji say on the box
Max d7stance 2 km . Max altitude 3 km. When really. Its not the case.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Im just wondering. HOW COME IN A 700 EUROS PRIDUCT, THERE IS NO PROPER GPS TRACKER INSTALLED? i mean tge find my drone app feature is useless. Because it shiws the last connection point and not tge real point where the drone is located. Very very dissappointing. I mean those trackers are cheap. Why not intall them??? Im sure many dji clients will be VERY happy with this new added feature. I used to work in Google prople. So dont take me for an idiot please people. Also i finished Cambridge.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Damn keyboard in the phone. Small letters. Sometimes mistype.
2018-6-3
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

I visualize my shots before I fly.  Makes flying a breeze. This is not the Olympics. Why fly so far and high.
2018-6-3
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

Its your first time flying and you thought it would be a good idea to take your new drone to its limits. You flew the drone over the woods! There are cleared OPEN fields close by to try that first flight. You flew over 700 feet in altitude! Winds up there are not the same as it is one the ground. You flew it over 1000 feet from the home point location! DJI lists its capibilities as a selling point and with the BEST conditions possible, not for a unexperienced person to fly it out of range. Hopefully this is a lesson learned for you. You and your friends sould look up as you search. It is probably sitting at the top of one of those trees.
2018-6-3
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

DJI is open only on weekdays and they'll likely respond back to you shortly. There is a Find My Drone option inside the DJI Go 4 App but at the start screen located on the upper right hand corner where the three horizontal bars reside. You click and down under the first several options you'll see Find My Drone. Important: The location that is shown will be the last known location of your Spark connected to your Remote Controller, and it may be inaccurate if the Spark disconnected and continued to travel before finally landing in its permanent location.
2018-6-3
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft

Ascending to high altitude directly over your head, its a miracle you didn't loose connection even before you started traveling away. After takeoff, keep the ac in front of you and out a ways keeping visual line of sight. After you went into RTH, the aircraft never reached 10mph, when the RTH speed is normally around 22mph. Must have been a hell of a wind. Strange there was was no notification of signal  loss.
Sorry for your loss.
2018-6-3
Use props
InTheReeds
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347103 ft

real world: +1, marketing: 0
2018-6-3
Use props
StuckinNoDak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151089 ft
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-3 09:18
Because i have logs where i reached 500 meters no prob in the same spot.  Couldnt any heigher. Although it says in the manual 3000 or 4000 meters  top altitute but the prigram wouldnt let me go any higher. 3000 or 4000 meters top altitude ?? - Alexey Batalov

You can't admit you where Abusing the Law. So you wished to try going up over 8000ft ?

Being in the middle of nowhere, testing the height isn’t a big problem. Most manned aircrafts fly above 1,000 feet  unless it’s a take off or landing.  And I’m assuming this guy isn’t near an airport or helipad.  Is it against the law in Russia?  In the US it isn’t....but we are supposed to fly under 400feet. .
2018-6-3
Use props
Lok Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1486660 ft
Malaysia

Hurmmm. Sorry for your lost but it seemed like your first flight is not at a suitable location. You cannot expect to pilot a drone expertly on first flight. Most likely DJI will give you a discount to buy a new one but they won't give you for free. When you get your next drone, first, avoid first flight near woods or building. Find a big field to fly. Set the RTH height beforehand, as per local law, I chose 120m as RTH height. Always remember to return when the battery is 40-50%. There are too many newbie mistakes that contribute to this fly away.

Cheers.
2018-6-3
Use props
marlowe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300932 ft
United States

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 12:27
Hmm. Im not sure about pilot error. The wind was too strong for the drone to handle.

On page 46 the Spark manual says:
"Do not fly the aircraft in severe weather conditions. These include wind speeds exceeding 10m/s (22 mph)..."

Do you know what the wind speed was at 700 feet altitude? I am pretty sure about pilot error.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Answering to StuckinNoDak, its not againts the law here to fly high in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the woods.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I was returning at 40% or earlier, as soon as i saw that the wind was too strong and taking it away. I RTH immediately.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

IT WAS NOT FIRST FLIGHT. FLIGHT 20 OR SO.
2018-6-3
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

marlowe Posted at 2018-6-3 21:10
On page 46 the Spark manual says:
"Do not fly the aircraft in severe weather conditions. These include wind speeds exceeding 10m/s (22 mph)..."

I just check and for that hight the wind speed  was 37 mph with gust around 57 mph.
2018-6-4
Use props
Bayguy69
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944275 ft
Puerto Rico

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 23:20
Answering to StuckinNoDak, its not againts the law here to fly high in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the woods.

This is only 56km (35 miles) from Saint Petersburg. That is the middle of nowhere?
2018-6-4
Use props
Weesel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133179 ft
Switzerland

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 13:39
Im just wondering. HOW COME IN A 700 EUROS PRIDUCT, THERE IS NO PROPER GPS TRACKER INSTALLED? i mean tge find my drone app feature is useless. Because it shiws the last connection point and not tge real point where the drone is located. Very very dissappointing. I mean those trackers are cheap. Why not intall them??? Im sure many dji clients will be VERY happy with this new added feature. I used to work in Google prople. So dont take me for an idiot please people. Also i finished Cambridge.

The Software limits Spark to 500m AGL - IMHO DJI only adverts that it can fly in altitudes up to 4000m a.NN - e.g. when starting of a mountain.

How is the tracker supposed to send its Position? So a additional module to transmit data has to be built in and you need to insert a SIM when you want the data in your Go4App - or am I missing a Point here?

Sorry - you are flying 200+m AGL in high wind situations, with warnings on the Screen, you state that this is no Pilot error and dont want to be taken as a idiot? LMAO... Thats the biggest Problem witth mankind this time - no one takes responsibility for his own faults and always wants to blame someone else...

Greetz
Weesel
2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Weesel Posted at 2018-6-4 01:29
The Software limits Spark to 500m AGL - IMHO DJI only adverts that it can fly in altitudes up to 4000m a.NN - e.g. when starting of a mountain.

How is the tracker supposed to send its Position? So a additional module to transmit data has to be built in and you need to insert a SIM when you want the data in your Go4App - or am I missing a Point here?

I agree with you 100% Weesel. Cannot add anything to your Comment to make it more Perfect !

2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. JUST NOW ALMOST I, MY SISTER AND MY NEPHEW GOT BITTEN BY 2 AGNRY VENOMOUS SNAKES!!!! I THINK THE DRONE, NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS, IS NOT WORH YOUR OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS LIFE!!!!!!!
2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-4 01:56
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD. JUST NOW ALMOST I, MY SISTER AND MY NEPHEW GOT BITTEN BY 2 AGNRY VENOMOUS SNAKES!!!! I THINK THE DRONE, NO MATTER HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS, IS NOT WORH YOUR OR YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS LIFE!!!!!!!

Alexey, Thats so Dangerous. Try to avoid those areas !
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

DMX, what the hell are you saying? what troll? its a bloody disaster and its true we just stepped on a couple os snakes, if you look on the map, after the last connection point, there is an open line/path. THE SNAKES LIVE THERE!!! DMX, dont be an idiot, please. Dont insult me. Im not insulting you.
2018-6-4
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-4 02:05
DMX, what the hell are you saying? what troll? its a bloody disaster and its true we just stepped on a couple os snakes, if you look on the map, after the last connection point, there is an open line/path. THE SNAKES LIVE THERE!!! DMX, dont be an idiot, please. Dont insult me. Im not insulting you.

If you know that Snakes live there, Why did you go Fly there at First Place ?
2018-6-4
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-3 10:11
From the flight log it appears that after the RTH (Go Home) the distance (Home distance) continues to increase.
Instead of turning back, he starts off toward an unknown point.
Since he had been flying for the last time completely, more people would have to go out and look at everything on that line. There was enough energy on the battery to fly far away.

Hi Jakab,

Craft did not turned back, RTH worked OK ; heading was towards homepoint but the wind drift the drone backwards.

cheers
JJB
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I did no fly there. I just wanted and was flying just over me to see the skyline. IT GOT CARRIED AWAY BY THE WIND WHERE THE SNAKES ARE. NOT ON PURPOSE!!!
2018-6-4
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-4 03:20
I did no fly there. I just wanted and was flying just over me to see the skyline. IT GOT CARRIED AWAY BY THE WIND WHERE THE SNAKES ARE. NOT ON PURPOSE!!!

With such daring flights, the best for you would be something like the DJI phantom pro . These drones can withstand a lot more wind.
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

ok, so now we conducted a search party of 20 people. following the direction of the wind 300-400 mts away from the last known gps position, no luck unfortunatelly. DJI support replied, well ... i can only hope now... Anyway i loved the DJI drone product and im 100% sure that i will get a new one for my nephew and one for me.
p.s. my nephew just turned 19, so he is not exactly like a kid. He was very very upset, its true he cried. + my other nephew is 5 and he was crying like crazy now 3 days straight. BUT THE DRONE WAS FOR THE 19 YEAR OLD ONE!
2018-6-4
Use props
Antipaxi
lvl.4

Romania

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-4 01:56

Very curious about those snakes. They were probably vipera berus, as they're pretty common over there. Can you tell me more? Length, color, the shape of the head, any drawings on their back? Did they hiss or just attacked unexpectedly?
Some photos of them would be great.
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

YES, EXACTLY THOSE WERE THE SNAKES vipera berus,one slid away and the other got up, i swear like a bloody cobra and started hissing, we almost stepped on it.
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

my friend got it on video
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

brown color snakes
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello. I'm sorry for what happened to your Spark. You can check and watch your synced flight records in your DJI Go 4 app.
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

yes, thanks i know and i checked it. the connection disconnects at 24 % battery and now forever gone. Im returning back to Barcelona, now going back to Saint Petersburg from this summer house . very very very saaad
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

here is the flight log http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4PPY1IXKZ0JO07IBLX63/#
2018-6-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-4 06:49
ok, so now we conducted a search party of 20 people. following the direction of the wind 300-400 mts away from the last known gps position, no luck unfortunatelly. DJI support replied, well ... i can only hope now... Anyway i loved the DJI drone product and im 100% sure that i will get a new one for my nephew and one for me.
p.s. my nephew just turned 19, so he is not exactly like a kid. He was very very upset, its true he cried. + my other nephew is 5 and he was crying like crazy now 3 days straight. BUT THE DRONE WAS FOR THE 19 YEAR OLD ONE!

Alexey,
If you plan on getting another drone, I think the following video that I published several months ago would be useful.  Hope you are up flying again soon with many fun and safe flights ahead!

2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules