Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TODAY I LOST MY NEW DJI SPARK DRONE, PLEASE HELP!!!
123Next >
8330 94 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Russia

Hello. Today i lost my new 700 euros new dji spark drone. Its not where the find my drone app tells me it is. Please help. i wrote to dji, but so far no answer. i think i uploaded the logs also. Please help, its new. 1st time flying, 3rd day. I bought it for my nephew, and he is crying like crazy. today is his birhtday. sooo i beg you, please help out. we have been 5 people looking for it 3 times in the woods already, looking in the exact spot the find my drone tell me it is, but unfortunatelly its not there. HEEEEELP.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Your request (1169817) has been received and is being reviewed by our technical support representatives.
2018-6-3
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You want help from the forum?
Follow this link and post the link from your flightlog, later

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

i was and am wondering whether the find my drone app point that it shows. im wondering whether its the actual real point where the drone is located or whether its the last place where the drone had signal with the remote/phone, so in reality it much further away than it shows on the map. i have sent the fly log, please analyze it and tell me if its where the drone is, or it was the last connection place and the drone is not where it shows it is.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Also. I was flying in a wodded area. Its lost in the woods. I tried to upload the logs following the link but its ends up in page error. Please help
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 05:02
i was and am wondering whether the find my drone app point that it shows. im wondering whether its the actual real point where the drone is located or whether its the last place where the drone had signal with the remote/phone, so in reality it much further away than it shows on the map. i have sent the fly log, please analyze it and tell me if its where the drone is, or it was the last connection place and the drone is not where it shows it is.

With the FlightLog Info you can easily see if it went into ATTI Mode.

If it went in ATTI Mode it could have drifted with the wind current as it won't hold GPS Positioning.

Do you have the 'Last Video' from the Phones Cache to see it Crash ?

Send the Link here on the Forum and also a link to the Video Cache (Footage of the Flight) and I am sure people will help you.

You need to do this Step as right now we don't have any Information to Help you out.

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I found the logs. How do i upload them? Can u give me an email address?
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 05:35
I found the logs. How do i upload them? Can u give me an email address?

Here you go - You need to upload them on this Site.

-- Click Browse (Choose the FlightLogs)

-- Hit Upload

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

We are here to Help You so don't worry.

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4PPY1IXKZ0JO07IBLX63/
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

the last video and pics captured are all above 100 meters, its not recorded when the drone was descending/crashing
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

it just got carried away by the wind VERY SAD. its my nephews birthday and his present is lost in the woods. hes crying like crazy. not good, not good at all.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I just want to know at least. Whether its really where it says it is on find my drone or its not there at all.
2018-6-3
Use props
JimboHUN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37156 ft
Hungary

Hi,

Even though there were GPS issues in the beggining, a home point was recorded. However when you initiated return to home, it still was flying away. I think it was either a GPS error or the wind was too much for the Spark to return.

I think flying over 200 m for the firs time was not helping either.

Based on the map the drone canvery well be on the top of a tree as well.

Good luck with DJI Support, I am sure they will get back to you tomorrow.
2018-6-3
Use props
MarkMN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 77100 ft
United States

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 06:19
http://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/4PPY1IXKZ0JO07IBLX63/

Sorry I can't do anything to help you find your nephew's lost drone, but I do have to ask, is that flight log accurate in showing you went up over 750 ft the first flight with his drone? With hight wind warnings? In a heavily wooded area with limited visibility?
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 06:23
it just got carried away by the wind  VERY SAD. its my nephews birthday and his present is lost in the woods. hes crying like crazy. not good, not good at all.

When there is High Winds never fly. Also at that Height Altitude the Wind Force will be far greater.

I suspect that your Drone was Fighting Wind, Depleted the Battery and AutoLanded at 10% without Connection to your Phone/Remote.

From 7mins onwards (It was over 1000ft Away Still) did you lose Signal Again ? As I cant see what happened in the log.

Your last Connection -

7m 11.5sGo Home20satellites756.2ftN/A7.9mph1,093.4ft24%10.805V3.611V3.61V3.584V0.027V

If you lost Connection it may have Autolanded as it is showing that last moment battery was at 24%. It hard to Speculate where it landed, you have to see Wind Direction and Search and Search. It could be a few meter to a hundred meters away. This is a Hard Situation.

I am Sorry for your loss, but remember that the Drones are not Toys, especially if the Pilot is Young and has No Experience. The Safety of Others is Important too, Thank God it you had no accident or hit somebody. It is very CLEAR that small kids cannot use Drones like these are they can be Dangerous.

If you need a Toy for your Nephew you will be better off with a $50 Drone from Ebay.

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Yes. Exactly. That is the last record at 24% battery and then nothing. I dont know what happened. By that time we were in the area with the remote and find my drone app in hand looking for it. But no light. No sound. Nothing. I couldnt press the buttons for led light or signal drone as it said drone not connected. I was flying like the 5th day. Around 20 times already. So i had some experience. And yes i was at 200 meters. Because i have logs where i reached 500 meters no prob in the same spot. Couldnt any heigher. Although it says in the manual 3000 or 4000 meters top altitute but the prigram wouldnt let me go any higher.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I was flying the drone. My nephew unfortunatelly didnt get the chance to. As i lost it yesterday and his birthday is today.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 08:47
Yes. Exactly. That is the last record at 24% battery and then nothing. I dont know what happened. By that time we were in the area with the remote and find my drone app in hand looking for it. But no light. No sound. Nothing. I couldnt press the buttons for led light or signal drone as it said drone not connected. I was flying like the 5th day. Around 20 times already. So i had some experience. And yes i was at 200 meters. Because i have logs where i reached 500 meters no prob in the same spot. Couldnt any heigher. Although it says in the manual 3000 or 4000 meters top altitute but the prigram wouldnt let me go any higher.

WHAT ???

''Because i have logs where i reached 500 meters no prob in the same spot. Couldnt any heigher'' - Alexey Batalov

Watching Youtube Videos of Guys going up over 500m is just Insane ! What where you Thinking ???

I am Sorry but you are A Danger ! Imagine you hit some Manned Aircraft at that Height over 1000ft !

Thats Very Irresponsible. It is useless Wasting time helping Guys who lose their Drone because they are Irresponsible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You said it was your Nephews Drone ? So you where Flying it ? Now I understand why that Little Kid was Crying !

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I WAS FLYING IN THE MIDDLE OF WOODS!!! WHAT FU*king AIRPLANE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I HAVE CHECKED THE MAPS AND LAWS BEFORE I COULD FLY. DONT WORRY. U AM A GROWN MAN AND NOT UNRESPOSIBLE. BUT IF IN THE MANUAL IT SAYS IT CAN GO 3KM. I WANT TO TRY IF COURSE!!!
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:14
I WAS FLYING IN THE MIDDLE OF WOODS!!! WHAT FU*king AIRPLANE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I HAVE CHECKED THE MAPS AND LAWS BEFORE I COULD FLY. DONT WORRY. U AM A GROWN MAN AND NOT UNRESPOSIBLE. BUT IF IN THE MANUAL IT SAYS IT CAN GO 3KM. I WANT TO TRY IF COURSE!!!

Because i have logs where i reached 500 meters no prob in the same spot.  Couldnt any heigher. Although it says in the manual 3000 or 4000 meters  top altitute but the prigram wouldnt let me go any higher. 3000 or 4000 meters top altitude ?? - Alexey Batalov

You can't admit you where Abusing the Law. So you wished to try going up over 8000ft ?

Imagine a Helicopter / Plane was passing in that Area. You are very IRRESPONSIBLE I told you !

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

But i mean. Of course i wasnt trying to go 3km or 500 meters that time it got lost
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

But of course i wadnt trying to go 3km or 500 mts that time it got lost
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

But of course u wasnt tryi g to go 3km or 500 mts that time it got lost
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Ups. Didnt see there is another page. Sorry.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:19
But i mean. Of course i wasnt trying to go 3km or 500 meters that time it got lost

Going High 10KM - 30,000ft seems to be a Nice Hobby in Russia, Right ?

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Well actually i live in Barcelona. Spain. Im here on holidays.
2018-6-3
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Always check the speed when AC in RTH mode , when it is to low switch to sport mode and fly back manually.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

It was in sport mode. Whats AC?
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:40
It was in sport mode. Whats AC?

In your Log it shows RTH, you must Cancel RTH (AUTOPILOT) to go in Sports Mode (MANUAL MODE).

AC means AIR CRAFT.

Watch here, as Jos A is telling you, Sports Mode is used in comparision with RTH, Sports Mode arrived before with Less Battery Consumption.
Especially in Stong Wind, RTH won't have enough Power to Return. Thats why everyone suggests NOT TO FLY in High Velocity Winds especially when the Wind Direction is against you for Returining to Home !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I hope dji support comes to understanding and sees that i did all that could to save the drone. I switched on RTH early but the wind was too strong and it got carried away. I really loved the drone so far. 500 mts top altitude and 370 mts top distance.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:46
Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I hope dji support comes to understanding and sees that i did all that could to save the drone. I switched on RTH early but the wind was too strong and it got carried away. I really loved the drone so far. 500 mts top altitude and 370 mts top distance.

Good luck with Finding your Drone Alexey !

2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:46
Oh ok thanks for clarifying. I hope dji support comes to understanding and sees that i did all that could to save the drone. I switched on RTH early but the wind was too strong and it got carried away. I really loved the drone so far. 500 mts top altitude and 370 mts top distance.

Wind Velocity Problem -

Watch this -

2018-6-3
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

From the flight log it appears that after the RTH (Go Home) the distance (Home distance) continues to increase.
Instead of turning back, he starts off toward an unknown point.
Since he had been flying for the last time completely, more people would have to go out and look at everything on that line. There was enough energy on the battery to fly far away.

Why did not you break home and bring it home by hand?

If you have no practice why flying over a forest and why so far?
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-6-3 10:11
From the flight log it appears that after the RTH (Go Home) the distance (Home distance) continues to increase.
Instead of turning back, he starts off toward an unknown point.
Since he had been flying for the last time completely, more people would have to go out and look at everything on that line. There was enough energy on the battery to fly far away.

If you read the Comments you will understand that this Guy has 'ZERO' Experience.

I thought at first that his Nephew was Flying the Drone, then he told us it was himself.

''I was flying the drone. My nephew unfortunatelly didnt get the chance to. As i lost it yesterday and his birthday is today.'' - Alexey Batalov

I don't suggest to waste time here. Pilot knew it was Super Windy but didn't care less.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I have practise. There was too strong wind. I did not understand what you mean by bring by hand? How? It was above me and then just ciught strong wund and git carried away. I ran there with the remote and phone un hand.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 10:18
I have practise. There was too strong wind. I did not understand what you mean by bring by hand? How? It was above me and then just ciught strong wund and git carried away. I ran there with the remote and phone un hand.

He meant bring it 'Manually not with RTH !!!' <---- Fly it Back Manually !

2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

But nothing changed. The possition is the following. I wanted to ask you. As far as i understood the drone is not where the point is in find my drone app. As it had plenty battery left 24 % and just got cut off. Thats weird. Anyway the drone is in 100 meters radius from the point on the mao. Right?
2018-6-3
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Map i meant
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 10:21
But nothing changed. The possition is the following. I wanted to ask you. As far as i understood the drone is not where the point is in find my drone app. As it had plenty battery left 24 % and just got cut off. Thats weird. Anyway the drone is in 100 meters radius from the point on the mao. Right?

If there was a lot of Strong Wind, 24% Battery could have drifted the Drone at a Far Distance.

You got Disconnected at 24% so you cant see where it has landed.

Try to go back and check if you can find it.

Thats your only Hope now.
2018-6-3
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

If you got disconnected at 24% how can you see where it landed ??

Next time attach to it a GPS Tracker / Locator like 'Marco Polo'.

2018-6-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules