Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
TODAY I LOST MY NEW DJI SPARK DRONE, PLEASE HELP!!!
8331 94 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 09:14
I WAS FLYING IN THE MIDDLE OF WOODS!!! WHAT FU*king AIRPLANE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??? I HAVE CHECKED THE MAPS AND LAWS BEFORE I COULD FLY. DONT WORRY. U AM A GROWN MAN AND NOT UNRESPOSIBLE. BUT IF IN THE MANUAL IT SAYS IT CAN GO 3KM. I WANT TO TRY IF COURSE!!!

People here love pointing a "pilot error". Like they were from drone police. hahahahahha
Don't worry man if its a drone issue DJI will replace it for ya. Provide them what they ask I'm sure you will be fine. It's a risk we all take as soon as we unbox a drone.
A friend of mine had a fly away last week in his first attempt. DJI has already provided him a brand new spark with a controller and a SD card.
I'm so sorry about your nephew, but no worries he will be more than fine with a new one.
2018-6-4
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Russia

Thanks 2 everyone. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from you that i got. Im in talks with DJI support now. Theres a saying in Russia, hope dies last. So im still hoping. I just lost an entire months good salary that people get here((
2018-6-5
Use props
BrilhasMuito
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3745554 ft
Brazil

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-5 04:22
Thanks 2 everyone. I really appreciate all the help and suggestions from you that i got. Im in talks with DJI support now. Theres a saying in Russia, hope dies last. So im still hoping. I just lost an entire months good salary that people get here((

DJIs support service is pretty just. They will replace your drone as soon as they verify the flight log.
My fingers are crossed for you m8!
2018-6-5
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Please describe the event briefly in:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-151287-1-1.html
The goal is to find the similarities and to infer the cause of the mistake.

Thanks. G. J.
2018-6-5
Use props
MightyTofu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62503 ft
Taiwan

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 23:20
Answering to StuckinNoDak, its not againts the law here to fly high in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the woods.

Actually it is.

You said you flew in Spain. In Spain, the max allowed altitude is 120 meters. You said you exceeded that, hence you exceeded the legal limit and should be happy your loss is only the 700 Euro drone and not the huge fines you would have to pay if you were caught.
2018-6-5
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

I WAS FLYING IT IN RUSSIA, I BOUGHT IT IN SPAIN!!!
2018-6-5
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

MightyTofu, if you want yo add your opinion. You are welcome to do so, but please first at least check the flight log, read more carefully and DO NOT assume anything. Like i was flying in Spain. I said that i checked before hand. And in RUSSIA its not illegal to go high as long as you are not next to an airport or no fly zone. Which the place i was flying it was not, i was in the middle of the woods, so no problem there.
2018-6-6
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

The response I got from Dji "According to the analysis, the incident was caused by improper flight environment. Please do not fly the aircraft in high-wind condition. As such, we cannot provide warranty service.". F*CK ME, well now I know not to fly in high winds+ find my drone app feature is not worth sh*t and YOU HAVE TO INSTALL INDEPENDENT GPS TRACKER!!!
2018-6-7
Use props
Weesel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133179 ft
Germany

Well... You could and should have known that before. Obvious that its a realy bad idea trying to get spark as high as possible with 55mph+ wind gusts... And again - how is Spark supposed to send its last Position without having any Connection? By black magic?

2018-6-7
Use props
JimFandango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 130768 ft
United Kingdom

Unfortunate, but not surprising, I suppose. I feel for you; I hope you have a better experience with your next drone.
2018-6-7
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Independt gps trackers, such are used for cars for the example. THEY TELL YOU THE EXACT POSITION ALWAYS, it doesn't matter if it loses connection. They can't lose connection. I just think that Dji should seriously consider installing much better gps trackers on their drones, so that it can still tell you where the drone is, even when it's disconnected. IM SURE that many many Dji customers, would be VERY HAPPY with this new better gps trackers!!!
2018-6-7
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

And in my case. When I launched the drone, there was 0 wind at ground level. I did not take into consideration that the higher you go, the stronger is the wind. In the end I should have payed more attention to the high wind warning in the app and landed right away, the drone would still be with me and not rotting away in the swamp with the snakes. Well next time, independent gps tracker is a must and just pay attention to the warnings of high wind on the screen and all will be fine.
2018-6-7
Use props
Weesel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133179 ft
Switzerland

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-7 04:52
And in my case. When I launched the drone, there was 0 wind at ground level. I did not take into consideration that the higher you go, the stronger is the wind. In the end I should have payed more attention to the high wind warning in the app and landed right away, the drone would still be with me and not rotting away in the swamp with the snakes. Well next time, independent gps tracker is a must and just pay attention to the warnings of high wind on the screen and all will be fine.

Look at the Car GPS Tracker you mention. They are hughe for a Little guy like Spark AND you need a SiIM Card. Without Sim Card they also can not do anything!

It seems to me that you are starting to admit certain failiures, which brings back my sympathy for your loss. Tipp for the future: UAVForecast is a nice app to evaluate if its the right environment for a flight...

Greetz
Weesel
2018-6-7
Use props
Alexey Batalov
lvl.4

Russia

Yes. I checked the car gps also. And there are some that are the size of a small box of matches. Can easily be fitted on spark. And yes you need to buy a sim card and insert it( although some models have sim integrated). Also those car gps are waterproof. Im 100% sure that for my next spark, im going to install one!!! Thanks for thr advice for UAVforecast app tip ;)
2018-6-7
Use props
djiuser_5lCYo7ckRVJf
New

United States

Alexey Batalov Posted at 2018-6-3 08:50
I was flying the drone. My nephew unfortunatelly didnt get the chance to. As i lost it yesterday and his birthday is today.

1. Where did you loose it?

2. What color?
2022-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules