Intelligent Flight Modes and Video Downlink Breakup
1053 9 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I've been able to fly my drown manually out to 2400' or more with zero problems with the video feed, so I was a bit confused when I was having freezes and breakup of the video image during a test of the Tracking mode and again with the Point of Interest mode. Both times, the drone was no more than 25-30' from the controller, but both times the picture was freezing and breaking up. As soon as I exited Intelligent Flight Mode, the video link returned to normal.

Hypothesis: the Crystal Sky Ultra is transmitting some sort of signal back to the drone for position control and that's interfering with the video reception. Has anyone observed this phenomena with their Crystal Sky and the P4P v2.0?
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Mark, may I know what's the current firmware of the aircraft, controller and CrystalSky? Could you upload the screen recording of freeze issue? We'd like to forward to our engineers for analysis.
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-4 03:22
Hi Mark, may I know what's the current firmware of the aircraft, controller and CrystalSky? Could you upload the screen recording of freeze issue? We'd like to forward to our engineers for analysis.

I'll have to get the firmware version next time I start up the AC. How do I get a screen recording of this?

I've been doing some research, and it may not be interference, but running out of CPU power. The Intelligent Flight Modes may be too much for the Crystal Sky to handle on top of playing video.

Indeed, the freezes and breakup of video picture feed resemble when I used an old tablet that wasn't powerful enough to handle DJI Go 4 app.

Since the breakup clears up after discontinuing Intelligent Flight mode, it makes sense.

Let me try to capture this info in the next few days and I'll report back.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-4 07:31
I'll have to get the firmware version next time I start up the AC. How do I get a screen recording of this?

I've been doing some research, and it may not be interference, but running out of CPU power. The Intelligent Flight Modes may be too much for the Crystal Sky to handle on top of playing video.

CrystalSky released firmware V2.6.6.0 on May 25, 2018, and upgraded the built-in DJI GO 4 version to V4.2.16. After upgrading the firmware or the updated firmware, the app will support P4P V2. You may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads
You may also use our DJI assistant 2 in updating the firmware of your Crystalsky. Also, in order for you to check the firmware version of your unit you see the image below:

2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-4 10:09
CrystalSky released firmware V2.6.6.0 on May 25, 2018, and upgraded the built-in DJI GO 4 version to V4.2.16. After upgrading the firmware or the updated firmware, the app will support P4P V2. You may click on this link: https://www.dji.com/crystalsky/info#downloads
You may also use our DJI assistant 2 in updating the firmware of your Crystalsky. Also, in order for you to check the firmware version of your unit you see the image below:

I had to do that firmware update to the Crystal Sky Ultra before it would recognize my P4P v2.0. That's already done.

Everything's at the latest FW revision... aircraft, controller and monitor, and DJI Go 4 was downloaded just 3 days ago, so it's probably the latest version.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-4 13:56
I had to do that firmware update to the Crystal Sky Ultra before it would recognize my P4P v2.0. That's already done.

Everything's at the latest FW revision... aircraft, controller and monitor, and DJI Go 4 was downloaded just 3 days ago, so it's probably the latest version.

Did it resolve your issue?
2018-6-4
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-4 14:16
Did it resolve your issue?

No, because I had to do the upgrade before it would even recognize my P4P 2.0.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-4 17:55
No, because I had to do the upgrade before it would even recognize my P4P 2.0.

Mark, just to verify, does the issue appear if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, we'd like to have the recording video and About page for further analysis. You can try to record via the third-party App on the CrsyatlSky. We appreciate your feedback.
2018-6-5
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-5 02:36
Mark, just to verify, does the issue appear if changed to another recommended mobile device? If yes, we'd like to have the recording video and About page for further analysis. You can try to record via the third-party App on the CrsyatlSky. We appreciate your feedback.

I was using my Samsung Note 5 before this and had no issues, other than I could barely see the screen in daylight conditions. DJI Go 4 never once crashed when my phone was running it. My first application lock up was on the CS Ultra and I've had about half a dozen incidents so far (about 1 per flight on average) where it would stop responding in mid-flight. Could it be the CPU or memory is defective in the CS Ultra?
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-6-5 05:32
I was using my Samsung Note 5 before this and had no issues, other than I could barely see the screen in daylight conditions. DJI Go 4 never once crashed when my phone was running it. My first application lock up was on the CS Ultra and I've had about half a dozen incidents so far (about 1 per flight on average) where it would stop responding in mid-flight. Could it be the CPU or memory is defective in the CS Ultra?

I've read your another post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-151096-1-1.html
Please keep us updated there, thanks!
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules