2071 7 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
twilloo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63510 ft
  • >>>
United States

I downloaded the latest version on dji ass 2. I have screen resolution of 1600x900 on laptop using windows 10. I start the app, turn on drone, then plug in usb and nothing ever happens. Changed to another usb cable. I just get the opening screen where it is asking me to plug in usb to computer. Nothing else. I am in a jam because dji app tells me to calibrate my forward sensors for better accuracy before flying. BTW mavic pro platinum is only a week old and has latest fireware update. any ideas?
2018-6-3
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

sorry that would be vision sensors forward and bottom
2018-6-3
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

also just saw that my laptop is windows 8 sorry, my wife has the windows 10 computer
2018-6-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

twilloo Posted at 2018-6-3 07:43
sorry that would be vision sensors forward and bottom

DJI does not sign their drivers.  Windows coupled to PC's BIOS will not use drivers for Security reasons.

Try disabling Secure Boot in your PC's BIOS.  May even have to re-install Assistant-2.  Assistant-2 has to be installed by a Windows Account with Administrator privileges.  

Make sure there is one Account like Admin besides your own account.  Best to temporary give your account Administrator privelges, install Assistant-2, then put your account back to that of regular user.

You can try installing Assistant-2 from regular user Account by granting Installer Administration privileges, but I have seen that fail with some software Applications.  
2018-6-3
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Also plug in first and then turn on the MPP as the last thing... don't know but might help.
2018-6-3
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-6-3 07:52
Also plug in first and then turn on the MPP as the last thing... don't know but might help.

tried on windows 10 computer and I got to the calibration page and as it was showing me how to calibrate, it kept saying to reboot drone, which I did but it would not let me start the calibration
2018-6-3
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

twilloo Posted at 2018-6-3 08:13
tried on windows 10 computer and I got to the calibration page and as it was showing me how to calibrate, it kept saying to reboot drone, which I did but it would not let me start the calibration

I can get in dji ass 2 now and check records, see latest software install and everything except calibration
2018-6-3
Use props
twilloo
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I have been at it for a solid 8 hours just today. I have tried every friggin thing I can find and closer but now something new. I have just about had it and am about ready to send this bird back. I disabled the windows 10 driver signature and that got me all the way to calibration and when I hit calibratin now, it takes me to the correct looking screen and tells me what to do and as I start is says unable to detect image. I have changed to every resolution setting I have including 1600x900. My patience is thin now and I have not had any trouble like this with the p4p or the ma. I can still fly but I am not comfortable flying a little farther out with my vision sensors needing calibration.
2018-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules