Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
home lock / course lock is NO pro feature
1255 6 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft

I really do not understand why both your beginner drones, the Spark and the MA, did not get course lock or home lock. It is the biggest problem for beginners to mentally switch left, right and front, back when the drone is flying towards you.

Course lock and especially home lock is much easier to fly with.

So why are the two ultimate beginner modes absent from your beginner drones ???
2018-6-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Course lock and tap fly free mode are basically the same, try it you’ll be surprised.
2018-6-3
Use props
SparkPete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83852 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-3 12:49
Course lock and tap fly free mode are basically the same, try it you’ll be surprised.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

But

1.) IMO tap fly free mode is not available on the SPARK.

2.) it is not as instant as a simple switch to course/home lock. You need to set a destination and confirm with go.  

3.) IMO you cannot start it at all heights.

4.) While in that mode, the drone moves without any input with the sticks. Remember I've talked about home lock / course lock as an ideal mode for new pilots and for those it is important that the drone hovers in place as soon as they let go the sticks.

So yes, the tap fly free mode might be a course lock workaround for experienced pilots, who want to do a zip line with focus lock manually, but it is not the easy  default mode for new pilots.

You can get home lock / course lock with both the SPARK and the MA by using Litchi or Autopilot but again that is nothing a new pilot should start with.

I have no other explanation for the absence of these modes in the SPARK and MA than DJI wants to reserve these for the higher priced product line as we've seen with waypoints. While I might accept, that waypoints is probably a feature the majority of SPARK or MA users might not use, home lock  and course lock are features that would make life much easier for new pilots and would likely prevent many crashes due to wrong stick movements when the drone is facing in a different direction than the pilot.

DJI, if you take your responsibility to make your products as safe as possible serious, you should add home lock / course lock to the Spark and the MA and IMO should set home lock as the default mode when setting up the drone for the first time.
2018-6-3
Use props
Alan James
lvl.2
Flight distance : 146821 ft

Flying RC LOS is hard.  Practice and hone it with cheap toy drones first.  Then buy expensive DJI drones.  You’ll never need Home lock or corse lock again, I promise.
2018-6-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

SparkPete Posted at 2018-6-3 23:39
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

But

Yes it would be nice to have everything, but it is what it is, not to sure if we will ever see it in MavAir or spark.
2018-6-4
Use props
fansdbe7bc50
lvl.1
United Kingdom

did you find out anything off dji about adding home lock to mavic 2 pro, cheers
2019-3-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansdbe7bc50 Posted at 3-11 10:53
did you find out anything off dji about adding home lock to mavic 2 pro, cheers

No mention of home lock but there are instructions in the manual for course lock, but it hasn’t been introduced to the M2 yet .
2019-3-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules