How to pan camera X4s
1436 10 2018-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GadgetRick
lvl.2
United States

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to set one of the custom buttons on the remote to allow me to switch from tilting the camera to panning the camera. I go into the Custom button settings for the remote settings and it's not one of the options for either of the Custom buttons.

I've searched and searched online but have found nothing answering this.

How do I make this happen?

Thanks.
2018-6-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

So … some of the items are hidden from view. You need to scroll down on the menu and you should find what you are looking for.

If this is not your problem, let us know someone can assist you further

All the best
Rich
2018-6-3
Use props
GadgetRick
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-6-3 15:58
So … some of the items are hidden from view. You need to scroll down on the menu and you should find what you are looking for.

If this is not your problem, let us know someone can assist you further

I have tried scrolling down. I do not see it in the menu.
2018-6-4
Use props
FlyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106483 ft

I don't think it's an option with the Inspire 2. With the Inspire it is possible to program one of these buttons to switch between pan and tilt. You have to press the C1 button, keep in pressed and that you can swicht between pan and tilt. Not that easy when flying a person mission. Don't no why they don't allow it the se way it's done with the I1?
2018-6-4
Use props
GadgetRick
lvl.2
United States

FlyGuy Posted at 2018-6-4 06:46
I don't think it's an option with the Inspire 2. With the Inspire it is possible to program one of these buttons to switch between pan and tilt. You have to press the C1 button, keep in pressed and that you can swicht between pan and tilt. Not that easy when flying a person mission. Don't no why they don't allow it the se way it's done with the I1?

Thanks, someone else just mentioned that to me. That's one of the dumbest things ever. I really don't know why the heck they'd remove that feature.

Ugh...
2018-6-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GadgetRick Posted at 2018-6-4 01:42
I have tried scrolling down. I do not see it in the menu.

I am so sorry, because this feature is not a setting anymore with the Inspire 2. Press the C1 while using the gimbal wheel to switch pitch and yaw. I have been using the Cendence for 7 months now and it has the dedicated Pitch and Yaw gimbal wheels.

Enjoy flying your inspire 2

Rich  

I2 gimbal.jpg
2018-6-4
Use props
GadgetRick
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-6-4 08:02
I am so sorry, because this feature is not a setting anymore with the Inspire 2. Press the C1 while using the gimbal wheel to switch pitch and yaw. I have been using the Cendence for 7 months now and it has the dedicated Pitch and Yaw gimbal wheels.

Enjoy flying your inspire 2

I don't know what Cendance is.

Please express to the proper people how ridiculous this is they took this away. It's a very important feature many of us have been using for quite some time. For them to take it away makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks.
2018-6-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

GadgetRick Posted at 2018-6-4 13:03
I don't know what Cendance is.

Please express to the proper people how ridiculous this is they took this away. It's a very important feature many of us have been using for quite some time. For them to take it away makes absolutely no sense.

The Cendence is a Pro remote for the Inspire 2 and Matrice 200 Series.  This is a very nice set up and allows full control of the camera and gimbal without using the Go App

By the way  (gimbal switching) is a built in feature now rather than a setting (is all I was saying)

Rich

Link to Cendence remote
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GadgetRick, this switch function is only available for Inspire 1 since for Inspire 2, the Pan can be easily controlled by keeping pressing C1, then adjust the Gimbal daily, there is no need to set this function in the RC customization, thanks for your understanding.
2018-6-5
Use props
GadgetRick
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 02:25
Hi GadgetRick, this switch function is only available for Inspire 1 since for Inspire 2, the Pan can be easily controlled by keeping pressing C1, then adjust the Gimbal daily, there is no need to set this function in the RC customization, thanks for your understanding.

Yes, I now know how to do it. I'm saying it's ridiculous to have taken away the way it worked on the I1 and would like to make sure the people responsible know this. I'm guessing it can be changed with a FW update and that would be extremely-useful to those of us using these.

I'm looking at the Cendance remote but that's a steep price to pay.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

GadgetRick Posted at 2018-6-5 02:37
Yes, I now know how to do it. I'm saying it's ridiculous to have taken away the way it worked on the I1 and would like to make sure the people responsible know this. I'm guessing it can be changed with a FW update and that would be extremely-useful to those of us using these.

I'm looking at the Cendance remote but that's a steep price to pay.

I‘m afraid this function will not be added in the future firmware update since we have separated this function to C1+gimbal dial, but thanks for your suggestion.
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules