A Swimming I Will Go---HELP!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

P3P was a dust queen for a year then decided to take it out. Took a lap around the lake, about 1,000ft out.
Thought I'd use return to home feature. Well it landed the drone 20 feet away, luckily upright. Took off again from there, got to about 50ft,
started to come home (20 feet away), was about to set it down 6 feet away from the pool. Took it slowly down, then the dam thing decided
to rev up a little and head into the swimming pool. Got it out in less than 2 minutes. Shook out the excess water, then put it on a dryer rack so it sits in the middle of the dryer. Did that for an hour. Put a different battery in it, powered up everything except camera. "Gimble Disconnect" showing on the display. I've always been a safe flyer, taking my time, calibrated the compass and imu beforehand.
Anyway, looking at the flight log I only see one exception, gps showed green all the time in flight except when I was going to land and go in the pool, it was orange. I had at least 12 satelites in the log. Really want to know what the heck happened. If anyone can look at the flight data and give me some help, I would greatly appreciate it!

https://app.airdata.com/main?share=cBFDzF

2018-6-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You'll get a much better idea from the actual data than you do with the brief summary Airdata gives.
Go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
2018-6-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Leaving it to dry for an hour is no where near long enough, if air drying then at least a week, if you have an airing cupboard that has a hot water tank in it then at least 24 hours in there, you you could put it in a cooling down oven, like i did until the oven was cold stripped it down some what 1st though
2018-6-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to read the crash. It is not recommended to fly the watered drone anymore. Flight safety is the top priority.
2018-6-4
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

The main concern regarding the salvage of your aircraft is what is the makeup of the swimming pool water?  Chlorinated or salt-water?  Or fresh water.  If it was anything with a dissolved salt, you would benefit greatly by rinsing it thoroughly in fresh, clean water as soon as possible.  Remove and dispose of the battery first, it is already toast. Rinsing it in clean water won't hurt it any worse than it already experienced, and it will dilute and remove any corrosive salts that have deposited on the circuit board.  Without removing them it will eventually eat away at the electronics, causing a random failure, which is not something you want to happen in an aircraft.  The common wisdom is to dry the aircraft thoroughly for at least a week before powering it up again.
2018-6-4
Use props
Pools
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I went to Phantomhelp and uploaded the log. Here it is     http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ATLN7MT854FD5BEZR12R/
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules