Commercial vs for fun
613 11 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

I'm just wondering, how many here fly for commercial reasons versis just for fun.
2018-6-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just recreational myself. Considering getting the pfco in the UK.
2018-6-4
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Recreational for me. I'd quite like the certification to be able to use it at weddings that I shoot but the outlay probably isn't worth the rewards at the moment.
2018-6-4
Use props
Neal McGuire
lvl.2

United States

Folkestone Posted at 2018-6-4 04:33
Recreational for me. I'd quite like the certification to be able to use it at weddings that I shoot but the outlay probably isn't worth the rewards at the moment.

The certification really wasn't that expensive. Only a couple hundred dollars total. That was for an online class plus the test. The insurance is high, but we just incorporate that into the price. For wedding I would expect it to pay off in a couple of uses.
I am wondering about the drone noise during the wedding. Is that a big issue?
2018-6-4
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

Neal McGuire Posted at 2018-6-4 04:51
The certification really wasn't that expensive. Only a couple hundred dollars total. That was for an online class plus the test. The insurance is high, but we just incorporate that into the price. For wedding I would expect it to pay off in a couple of uses.
I am wondering about the drone noise during the wedding. Is that a big issue?

I'm in England. It is not as cheap here.

I think about £1500 or so.

As far as noise, I don't imagine using it to shoot while the ceremony is going on, more for some interesting bride and groom or group shots as well as venue and scene setting shots.
2018-6-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

I do both. Love flying for fun, but I do have my part 107. Really like gettin paid for something I love doing.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Only for fun on my side.
2018-6-4
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Only recreation for the moment.  but currently preparing for the Part 107.  Like you Woe, I'd love to get paid for this!
2018-6-4
Use props
Neliusspies
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2151526 ft
Nauru

Recreational only
2018-6-5
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Commercial, its how I initially got into ever using one in the beginning...Part of me loves to film with them for projects, the other half finds them annoying as someone who is a nature lover. Basically, if I am not flying it, its annoying , maybe because I want to be flying.
2018-6-5
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Recreational to test Mapping and Pano apps at the local field.  But Fly serious commercially.  Always have 2 batteries charged within 5 days, and cycling the other 2 in.....Batteries never sit longer than 4 to 6 days.

I always go onsite with 4 batteries, and ability to charge 4 more if needed, and as time permits.
Heck,  IT'S ALL FUN!!

Randy
2018-6-5
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-6-5 15:14
Commercial, its how I initially got into ever using one in the beginning...Part of me loves to film with them for projects, the other half finds them annoying as someone who is a nature lover. Basically, if I am not flying it, its annoying , maybe because I want to be flying.

It's weird, but i have never run into anyone flying one around me.  A coworker introduced me to it, but i had actually never been around one before i bought mine.  I later found out that my cousin has one and flies commercially.

I too, love nature, so i feel that as long as the pilot is being as respectful as i try to be, it wouldn't bother me at all
2018-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules