1442 8 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

Hi.

It seems that my Mavic Pro is acting weird.
Here are some om the issues:

- Mavic Compass Error for a couple of seconds, but not showing any real fault.
- Mavic is unstable in the air - I can fly straight forward, but it sways left or right by itself.
- Gimbal moving to the left 'slightly'
- App saying 'Atti-mode' without going into Atti-mode.
- Suddenly loose camera signal ' just vision stream ', and not regaining signal ' last time this happened, i was 5 meters from the Mavic Pro'

I have done these calibrations several times, in several different locations:

- IMU Calibration
- Gimbal Calibration
- Compass Calibration
- Vision Sensor Calibration
- Re-connecting/resync the Mavic Remote Controller

Any ideas? i feel like there is something very wrong 'physically' with my Mavic Pro.
I have had this drone for 16 months, and never had this before.

I have also never crashed the drone.. ever.

Do i have to send it in for repair ?

Thank you in advance for the help.

2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Is the firmware of the aircraft and remote are both updated? Have you tried to refresh the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?
2018-6-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

After going through all that, I would.
2018-6-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried a firmware refresh, after that do an imu recal followed by the other steps you mentioned that you have already done
2018-6-4
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Yes, I am curious as to whether he has done an update or not.
16 months and all be fine, then wammo!...???
2018-6-4
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try a factory reset using the latest version of Assistant 2. Then carry out the firmware refresh on both the RC and AC then the calibrations. I would also delete and reinstall the GO4 app. If still no good then definitely contact DJI support and return it. Though the warranty expires after 12 months so you'll probably have to pay for any potential repairs.
2018-6-4
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Un known reasons causing a problem to your drone means there might be a weak geomagnetic storm causing the problem, so when this occur just cancel the flight.
2018-6-4
Use props
Mad Mavic Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74400 ft
United States

I've had the same problem twice in the past month.  The first time I thought it was just me forgetting to calibrate the compass but it did it again after I did IMU, Gimbal, and compass calibrations.
The drone would act as if it were drunk for a few seconds, start drifting in yaw and the camera would shift up and down slightly.  The remote said there was nothing wrong, no indication of atti mode or anything.  It was as if it thought everything was good.  After a few seconds of hovering things re-stabilized and I was able to fly home with no problem.  This all happened about half way back on the inbound leg of  a 16000ft round trip flight.
2018-6-4
Use props
Bpup
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192343 ft
Norway

Thank you all for your replies.

i will try factory reset my Mavic Pro and Remote Controller reinstall all the firmware updates/reinstall GO4 app.
Also do the whole calibration process.

What is very suspicious is that i dont get any errors in my app before or while flying.
Everything is reporting as "normal"

I'll be trying the firmware reset and report back.

Thanks again.
2018-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules