Battery Issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BadZ28
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15965 ft
United States

I was wondering if anyone had any battery issues on low flight time mavics? I have 1 hour and 8 minutes with a total of 13 flights on my Mavic (obviously I don't use it a lot) and after charging a battery and going through the latest updates, once ready to go it had a warning of a bad cell in one of the batteries so it would not allow it to fly. Other batteries are good. I tried to chat with DJI but they said to try draining and re-charging it to see if it would work, of course it did not. Anyone else have any issues with this? Is there anything I can try to do to bring this battery back? It only shows a couple tenths of a volt difference with one cell to the others. I have a Phantom 4 and this Mavic, both are treated with extreme care and only kept indoors when not in use. I only owned this for about a year, I would think with such low flight time and age DJI would at least cover one battery. Very frustrated. These batteries are not cheap.   
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Good day. I am sorry that you are having this issue with one of your batteries. The best thing we can do is please try to send the battery in for repair process so that we can analyze the battery and we can give this a proper resolution. Thank you.
2018-6-4
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

Where do I send it to?
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BadZ28 Posted at 2018-6-4 10:44
Where do I send it to?

Hello. Thank you for that clarification. You can contact DJI Support at +1 (818) 235 0789 to have a repair case and be able to send the battery to our facility to have it check.
2018-6-4
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-4 11:50
Hello. Thank you for that clarification. You can contact DJI Support at +1 (818) 235 0789 to have a repair case and be able to send the battery to our facility to have it check.

I called, and was told only a 6 month warranty on battery. I think with as little use as this has it's ridiculous, I would think these batteries would last longer, obviously there is an issue with this battery, as the other 2 are fine as are the ones for my P4 that have 3 times the flight times on them.   
2018-6-11
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BadZ28 Posted at 2018-6-11 12:31
I called, and was told only a 6 month warranty on battery. I think with as little use as this has it's ridiculous, I would think these batteries would last longer, obviously there is an issue with this battery, as the other 2 are fine as are the ones for my P4 that have 3 times the flight times on them.

I fully understand your side, sir. What I can suggest is to discharge the battery and charge it again. You will have an option to discharge it in the app. Just go to the camera interface > battery settings > advanced settings > time to discharge. Then charge the battery approximately 2 hours.
2018-6-12
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-12 01:21
I fully understand your side, sir. What I can suggest is to discharge the battery and charge it again. You will have an option to discharge it in the app. Just go to the camera interface > battery settings > advanced settings > time to discharge. Then charge the battery approximately 2 hours. [view_image]

I've done this now twice, and still have the same result, error saying bad battery cell
2018-6-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

BadZ28 Posted at 2018-6-15 11:29
I've done this now twice, and still have the same result, error saying bad battery cell

If that's the case, we highly suggest is to buy a new one since it's already out of the 6 months warranty for the battery and discharge process is not working. I fully understand your situation but that's the least that we can help you with, I'm sorry.
2018-6-15
Use props
BadZ28
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-15 11:55
If that's the case, we highly suggest is to buy a new one since it's already out of the 6 months warranty for the battery and discharge process is not working. I fully understand your situation but that's the least that we can help you with, I'm sorry.

really nothing you helped me with except tell me to discharge it, which I did prior to messaging. I just think at that price for the drone, and obviously you can see how low flights it has, more could be done. Oh well.
2018-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules