Focus on object while appoaching
1302 4 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1vision
New

Netherlands

Hello all,

On youtube there are loads of video's to watch about everything the mavic can do. However, I cannot find any video that explains me how I fly from 'far' away to and over an object (say, my house) with the focus solely on that object. All automatically, like 'point of interest', of course : ). Does the mavic have this option and/or how do I do this?

Regards,

2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! I'm sorry you're having a hard time finding some tutorial videos on how to use Mavic. I just want to confirm, what specific model of Mavic do you have? Is it Mavic Pro or Mavic Air?
2018-6-4
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

If you ask for something like in the video here, approx. 0:18 - 0:42 read below.

As far as I know, neither of the two Mavics can do that task automatically. It takes a little practice and some settings adjustments regarding the kamera-gimbal, and it must be done manually by slowly tilting the camera down while approaching your desired object, keeping it in focus.
2018-6-4
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You can do this either by "waypoints" or by "course lock" but manually use the gimble.

search for these two tutorials to learn how to do that.
2018-6-4
Use props
1vision
New

Netherlands

Thanks for your replies! And apologies for my late one; hadn't got the chance to try it out on short term.

DJI Wanda: I fly a Mavic Pro

FlyDK: wow, those are beautiful shots! Exactly, what you did filming the bridge is what I am looking for.

Ahmed Hussain: I tried the waypoints, but that doesn't do what I am looking for. It just flies a route you programmed. It doesn't keep an object in sight automatically.

However, I fiddled around and at one point I had the idea that the Mavic did as I wanted to. But I cannot remember what I did, so I have to try everything again. If I find out, I'll let you know.
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules