Will my drone be taken away during my travel?
1173 4 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
antb
lvl.1
United States

It's tough finding definitive information online.  I've been looking for about 2 weeks but I can't find much info.  I want to take my Mavic Air for some scenic shots and I'll be traveling from the USA --> Switzlerand --> Scotland --> Ireland then back to the USA, all via airport travel.  Do any of these countries restrict access to allowing a drone into the country?  For example, I know Morocco has strict rules against and they confiscated my friend's Mavic Pro.  
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi,

Please contact the airport authorities so that all of your questions will be answered properly. Different countries have different rules with regards to drones.
2018-6-4
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

The countries you have listed should be all safe. Check with the airline(s) and make sure that all batteries are in hand luggage and packed safely (not fully charged either).
2018-6-4
Use props
Ratnow
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840669 ft
United States

Really good question. I just flew with my MP just within US. I put everything electrical (chargers, batteries, drone, Ipad, etc in one bag that I carried on the airplane. I had invested in fireproof cases for the batteries (about $11 on Amazon) . TSA didn’ Even open the bag. This post will be no help to International travel but I was a first timer and didn’t know what to expect. Hope it helps others flying within USA.
2018-6-9
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Should not be an issue, just don't check it, carry it on.  I've flown from Canada to Mexico, Japan, Thailand, Australia, South Africa, Zambia, Namibia and Brazil with a Mavic Pro & Spark and never once had them inspected after going through the X-Ray machine.  Never had to take them out of the bag like they want you to do with a laptop.
2018-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules