Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark Range/Video Quality Horrible since v4.2.16 on Android
1023 6 2018-6-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Roamingskies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 646667 ft
Australia

Has anyone else been having transmission/range issues since the latest DJI Go4 update?

I have posted about this before but I wasn't given any real advice.I live in Australia (CE) and fly exclusively using WiFi connection to the remote. With previous versions of Go 4, I was easily able to fly upwards of 500-600m with no issues regarding video feed, no lag, no problems at all. I hadn't been able to fly for a while and after updating to version 4.2.16, I got a chance to fly the Spark again. I went to the exact same locations that I have been to previoously, which are wide open beaches, located a good distance from any buildings/houses. However, now when I try flying I have sersious issues with lag on the app when the drone is only about 10m away, and I can only fly about 100m before the drone starts disconnecting. Like I said these are the exact same location that I have flown before, and I use to get 500-600m away. This has only happened AFTER the latest app update.

Has anyone else had these issues?

And before I get the same comments as last time;

This is in a secluded area
There are no powerlines in this area
There are few buildings in the area, the closest are about 100m away and I fly in the opposite direction of them towrds the open ocean
I have tried adjusting the antennae multiple times
I had no issues in these areas previously

Is it possible DJI has pushed the CE restrictions very strictly now? I don't want to use an app which tricks my phones GPS location, but if this is the norm now the Spark is almost unusable in CE regulated countries. Can any admins comment on this?
2018-6-4
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Downgrade to 4.2.12. works with OTG and no distance issues. Does not crash on my lg g5 either.
2018-6-4
Use props
fans8fc556cb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164170 ft
Croatia

Hi, yes I have the same problem after upgrading to 4.2.16 version of GO app (ios version). After reaching the distance of 150-200 m I loose video feed, and rc to ac connection. That initiates RTH procedure. This is happening at the same location at all was excellent with 4.2.12 version. Now I have to downgrade but that is problem on iOS.
2018-6-4
Use props
Roamingskies
lvl.4
Australia

Mirek6 Posted at 2018-6-4 19:59
Downgrade to 4.2.12. works with OTG and no distance issues. Does not crash on my lg g5 either.

You're right that's the simplest fix. I may have to revert back to 4.2.15
2018-6-4
Use props
fans8fc556cb
lvl.1
Croatia

Hi Roamingskyes, are you running your GO app on Android or iOS? Mine is iOS version and I’m looking for simplest way to downgrade. Any ideas?
2018-6-5
Use props
Roamingskies
lvl.4
Australia

fans8fc556cb Posted at 2018-6-5 04:57
Hi Roamingskyes, are you running your GO app on Android or iOS? Mine is iOS version and I’m looking for simplest way to downgrade. Any ideas?

No I'm on android, I'm not sure about IOS
2018-6-5
Use props
fans8fc556cb
lvl.1
Croatia

I don’t know if anybody reads this, but just to close this topic, today I was finally manage to test 4.2.21 ios version of DJI GO app. I’m happy to say that connection issues are no more ! This was clearely app issue (4.2.16).
2018-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules