1906 14 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K3V1NX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66306 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

Bought a DJI Spark this is my third drone now previous two were obviously cheap but loved them so really wanted to take a step up at first was really impressed with the stability of the Spark took my time got used to it after a couple of days tried sport mode which is great then dissapointment !
Hit a tree motor snapped off arm obviously my own fault but drone isn’t even a week old yet is it just me or for £500 is the build quality of this drone quite poor?
Previous 2 drones both under £50 I have crashed several times worst case new rotar blade !

How do fix this and how much will it cost me ?
Any advice please ?

Thanks & regards
9D1EADF0-010E-494D-8F98-614A750F0797.jpeg
A676BC67-4C5D-4CF6-B177-187B3227BB80.jpeg
42794454-0174-4034-8D17-32EDC35B3534.jpeg
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

If you have DJI Care Refresh, contact DJI and open a Ticket. What have you got to lose ?

https://www.dji.com/support

2018-6-5
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Will cost you a middle frame.
In GB my guess would be 150+ quid
But ebay could deliver the frame a lot cheaper.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genui ... Parts-/173253627976

Just: your warranty would fly away with the old frame.
2018-6-5
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

A easy and durable fix.. Done it my self on 2 sparks, and some parrot bebop2's.   A soldering iron, about 40 watt...
And then plastic weld it. Takes 1-2 minuttes and you are back, or, buy a frame and swap your self, some hours work if you know how to, but you might break more then good is.... Or send it in for repairs, and pay about 1/3 of your drones price.... I would weld it..... But take care not to weld too deep, or you might damage wires esc and so on.... Which might have taken damage in crash also....
So, first, try taking of the props.... Boot it up... If no errors in djigo app, try hit takeoff( with no props) and see if all 4 motors spin... If yes, then go buy the 5-10 pound soldering iron, and you are back.But if you have OCD kn thing have to look like new, then send it in for a fix..your call really,
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-6-5 01:31
A easy and durable fix.. Done it my self on 2 sparks, and some parrot bebop2's.   A soldering iron, about 40 watt...
And then plastic weld it. Takes 1-2 minuttes and you are back, or, buy a frame and swap your self, some hours work if you know how to, but you might break more then good is.... Or send it in for repairs, and pay about 1/3 of your drones price.... I would weld it..... But take care not to weld too deep, or you might damage wires esc and so on.... Which might have taken damage in crash also....
So, first, try taking of the props.... Boot it up... If no errors in djigo app, try hit takeoff( with no props) and see if all 4 motors spin... If yes, then go buy the 5-10 pound soldering iron, and you are back.But if you have OCD kn thing have to look like new, then send it in for a fix..your call really,[view_image]

Hi Joller ! Good Morning !

I don't suggest he does your operation if he got no experience. Remember you are a Pro in fixing drones.

I suggest he sends you a PM about it maybe you can help him out... Hes from UK.

If he solders the Broken Part (Arm) a bit tilted the Propellers wont be Horizontally Aligned with the other Arms / Propellers and can cause the drone to wobble / other problems during flight.

2018-6-5
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-5 01:35
Hi Joller ! Good Morning !

I don't suggest he does your operation if he got no experience. Remember you are a Pro in fixing drones.

Well thank you for your thought of me being a pro..
Glue will not hold up, but a slight amount of super glue could be used to aling it back to gether and then solder...
I would take of the lower light cap, and screw loose the esc so i could see how deep i should solder..but yes, OS can write a PM to me for advice and so on.. Not much too ot really, youtube helped med a lot... Hmm, i got the day of, i go tear down one f my sparks to make a small guide.. Brb.
2018-6-5
Use props
DMX_MT
Second Officer
Malta

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-6-5 01:44
Well thank you for your thought of me being a pro..
Glue will not hold up, but a slight amount of super glue could be used to aling it back to gether and then solder...
I would take of the lower light cap, and screw loose the esc so i could see how deep i should solder..but yes, OS can write a PM to me for advice and so on.. Not much too ot really, youtube helped med a lot... Hmm, i got the day of, i go tear down one f my sparks to make a small guide.. Brb.

For me, You are a Pro.

2018-6-5
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Well, sorry for the wait, had to open a gift from my son(fathers day) and got a drawing of a drone and a car. Had to let a tear go for that one...

So to topic... Mind how taps, and notches and wires are routed, and you be fine... Here are some pics..
2018-6-5
Use props
K3V1NX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 66306 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the help & advice had a quote of £150 + pending diagnostics I used to fix heat sync etc on old X boxes so think I’ll give the weld a try on failing that new shell it will be but thanks for taking to the time to help me out
2018-6-5
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Ok, good to hear... If you have an asjustable soldering iron, then keep the temps as low as possible, so it wont burn the plastic..the trick is to warm it and then melt it together, it is soft some seconds after, so you can form it as you like,,
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! We do apologize for the experience you had with the drone. You can create a repair case online: https://repair.dji.com and send the drone in our facility to have it repaired. The cost will be depends on the damage assessment that will be done by our engineers.
2018-6-5
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

K3V1NX Posted at 2018-6-5 03:55
Thanks for all the help & advice had a quote of £150 + pending diagnostics I used to fix heat sync etc on old X boxes so think I’ll give the weld a try on failing that new shell it will be but thanks for taking to the time to help me out

Although a plastic weld is a good option, i would prefer using the Loctite Super glue ( 795/796) which can withstand very high temperature. I have fixed my rear wing and it works perfectly fine for the last 6 months . Also tested  in extreme temperatures in Gulf region.
2018-6-5
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-6-5 02:29
Well, sorry for the wait, had to open a gift from my son(fathers day) and got a drawing of a drone and a car. Had to let a tear go for that one...

So to topic... Mind how taps, and notches and wires are routed, and you be fine... Here are some pics..[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Good information
2018-6-5
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

S.J Posted at 2018-6-5 07:08
Although a plastic weld is a good option, i would prefer using the Loctite Super glue ( 795/796) which can withstand very high temperature. I have fixed my rear wing and it works perfectly fine for the last 6 months . Also tested  in extreme temperatures in Gulf region.

Superglue can make it stick together again, true.. I had my fair share of glue fixes, with the same as you prefer, and other brands, just to test, and yes it might be the easiest fix now and here, but the glue does not have the same flexibility like a weld, i have tested with crashes, and the glue snapped"" i crashed my welded drones, and they stil keeps the flex, and hold... But what suits people are up to them..
2018-6-5
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft

Mine was worse and with DJI Care it only cost me $49 and a week or so without it.
2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules