22681 101 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Spaky Posted at 7-22 00:10
Please try to be more professional and serious, maybe peoples who never had a contact with software development or so could be confused, but not all of us. We know that all is possible, simply cooperate, it's a matter of customer satisfaction on both fronts.

YOU are a big company with big products and strong market sales, Fuji the same. Fuji has an excellent track history about software updates so just try to speak each other and agree on API methods needed to implement it.

I think that DJI Paul's answer is perfectly accurate.  The firmware available from Fuji is not yet compatible with DJI's implementation.  And, at this time DJI, cannot get the two products talk properly with one another.  Probably the same reason why they cannot get the S to work with the BMDP 4K.  This is mostly likely why there are no gimbals from any manufacturer that are compatible with the X-T3.

Disappointing.  But that's the way it is.  Maybe we should be asking Fuji to open up their firmware?

Donald Barar

2019-7-22
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Spaky Posted at 7-22 00:10
Please try to be more professional and serious, maybe peoples who never had a contact with software development or so could be confused, but not all of us. We know that all is possible, simply cooperate, it's a matter of customer satisfaction on both fronts.

YOU are a big company with big products and strong market sales, Fuji the same. Fuji has an excellent track history about software updates so just try to speak each other and agree on API methods needed to implement it.

I think that DJI Paul's answer is perfectly accurate.  The firmware available from Fuji is not yet compatible with DJI's implementation.  And, at this time DJI, cannot get the two products talk properly with one another.  Probably the same reason why they cannot get the S to work with the BMDP 4K.  This is why there are no gimbals from any manufacturer that are compatible with the X-T3.

Disappointing.  But that's the way it is.  Maybe we should be asking Fuji to open up their firmware?

Donald Barar
2019-7-22
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DGBarar Posted at 7-22 05:50
I think that DJI Paul's answer is perfectly accurate.  The firmware available from Fuji is not yet compatible with DJI's implementation.  And, at this time DJI, cannot get the two products talk properly with one another.  Probably the same reason why they cannot get the S to work with the BMDP 4K.  This is why there are no gimbals from any manufacturer that are compatible with the X-T3.

Hi All,

Just wrote the following to Fuji:

"DJI is making the claim that they can not get their gimbal stabilizers to work with the X-T3 as Fuji's SDK does not allow for record start/stop to be accessed.

Is this statement correct?  If it correct, would it be possible for Fuji to release an updated version of their SDK to allow remote access by third party vendors similar to Canon, Sony, Nikon and Panasonic.

There are many of us who prefer your cameras for video recording over your competitors.  However, for us to prefer them even more it would be highly desirable for gimbal manufacturers to be able to control your camera."

It will be interesting to see Fuji's response.

Donald Barar

2019-7-22
Use props
marioumazul
lvl.1

Portugal

DGBarar Posted at 7-22 06:12
Hi All,

Thank you Donald,

If you get any answer from them, please update us.

Thank you!

Mario
2019-7-22
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

marioumazul Posted at 7-22 06:28
Thank you Donald,

If you get any answer from them, please update us.

Hi Mario,

You are most welcome.  Mine is just one voice with Fuji.  It would be terrific if all would join me in writing Fuji making the request that they add to their firmware the ability for third parties to control their camera.

Donald Barar
2019-7-22
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2
Italy

Hi All,

Thank you Donald,

I'm going to do the same to do +1 push to them.

My point, in my latest answer, is that also DJI itself could push Fuji to have a full compatibility between the two.

It's a win-win for both of them.

Let's wait for Fuji answer to our request.

Cheers,
Marco
2019-7-22
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2
Italy

Hi All,

Sorry double post
2019-7-22
Use props
marioumazul
lvl.1

Portugal

DGBarar Posted at 7-22 07:13
Hi Mario,

You are most welcome.  Mine is just one voice with Fuji.  It would be terrific if all would join me in writing Fuji making the request that they add to their firmware the ability for third parties to control their camera.

Hi I just send this message directly to Fuji at Japan. I just hope that they can read my bad English

Hello. I have several X Fuji Cameras (X00F, XT-2 and XH1).

The reason of this contact is because of lack of support for Fujifilm cameras on DJI RONIN and RONIN SC Gimbals for video.

Recently DJI launched RONIN SC Gimbal, with support for 3 Fuji Cameras (XT-2 XT-3 and XH1), but only to take pictures and not for video operation.

In their user forum, where people were questioning DJI for the lack of support, someone from DJI wrote:

"Fuji would need to allow control of REC start/stop in their SDK. It currently doesn't exist. If it did, we would have implemented it."

So I'm asking you if is possible you can work together with DJI, in order to make your X System cameras totally compatible with their Gimbals? I really like your cameras, and I don't want to change to other brand, but I will do it if this function (video recording) is not available on Gimbals, as most of your competitors do.

Forum from DJI:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-151303-2-1.html
2019-7-23
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

We have been pushing. There's no reason for us not to do it if it were available.
2019-7-23
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Paul Posted at 7-23 00:51
We have been pushing. There's no reason for us not to do it if it were available.

HI All:

I spoke with Steve (good guy, very helpful) at Fuji Technical Support in Edison, NJ, United States.  Like the rest of us, he was waiting for the Ronin S to support the X-T3 via a DJI firmware update.  He was surprised to learn of a comment from DJI-Paul that the Ronin S cannot support Record On/Off on the X-T3 because Fuji SDK does not support Record On/Off.

He is forwarding my request to Fuji engineering in Japan for modifications to Fuji SDK to support Record On/Off.

As before, I urge all of us X-T3/Ronin S users to contact Fuji in there home countries to request that Fuji SDK support record on/off.

Donald Barar
2019-7-23
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2
Italy

Hi Donald,

I do my job and wrote to local country office (Italy) and to Fuji Developer Portal to make a direct request of API/SDK implementation for adding start/stop for videos.

In any case the Ronin S firmware as still not received the basic support implemented in the Ronin SC, I don't understand why. Also Ronin SC support Active Track 3.0 while Ronin S no....just take a look at that:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-193996-1-1.html

I really hope that DJI is not so lazy or even worse doesn't update the Ronin S features anymore.

We can only wait and see...

Marco
2019-8-26
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Spaky Posted at 8-26 08:10
Hi Donald,

I do my job and wrote to local country office (Italy) and to Fuji Developer Portal to make a direct request of API/SDK implementation for adding start/stop for videos.

Hi Marco,

Thank you for writing to FujiFilm about record on/off included in their SDK.  If all of us take the time then maybe, just maybe, we can get them to understand the importance of this feature.  Also, it may provide an incentive for DJI to keep the lines of communication open with Fuji.

Don Barar
2019-8-26
Use props
djiuser_94hncICmnQ8p
New

I really love to use my X-H1 for video work and i totally can't understand why it's not supported by dji's Ronin S since it's obviously a video oriented camera pretty much as X-T3 and I'm sure that many X-H1 users will be happy to have full Ronin S compatibly to use their fujis to full potential , if there is a camera brand to receive a full compatibility in shortest time it must be nothing but Fujifilm ,fuji shooters deserve it !
2019-9-14
Use props
Spaky
lvl.2

DGBarar Posted at 8-26 08:57
Hi Marco,

Thank you for writing to FujiFilm about record on/off included in their SDK.  If all of us take the time then maybe, just maybe, we can get them to understand the importance of this feature.  Also, it may provide an incentive for DJI to keep the lines of communication open with Fuji.

Hi Don,

I suggest to read the whole thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D664%26typeid%3D664

I've checked out, and other peoples do the same, that the new Moza Aircross 2 support Fuji cameras both for Shutter and Recording, it's not a SDK problem but as reported in the above thread to use the proper cable 2.5mm jack vs. USB Type-C.

Anyway I'm really sad that DJI is not answering and keep to protect their position, Moza is able to do all the stuff we need so I'm going to evaluate my switch to their products.

Thanks to anyone that has supported this thread like you.

Cheers,
Marco
2019-9-16
Use props
DGBarar
lvl.4
  • >>>

Spaky Posted at 9-16 07:23
Hi Don,

I suggest to read the whole thread at https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D664%26typeid%3D664

Hi Marco:

Thank you for this information.  I have read the thread you suggested and I have been able to confirm that Gudsen is now reporting that the X-T3 is now supported for the Moza AirCross 2 on their list of supported cameras.

This comment is for DJI Paul, DJI Mindy and all DJI Forum Administrators I questions of you:
- Why did you report that the issue was FujiFilms' SDK?
- If one of your competitors is capable of FujiFilm video record on/off why have you not provided the same fuctionality for your loyal customers?

Sincerely,

Don Barar
2019-9-16
Use props
Dextera
lvl.2

I am one of these guys ;)
I have a remote for my X-T3 since the beginning - and it can do also both (video and photo recording). That is the reason why I know you could trigger a Fuji - but not trough USB-C!
As I mentioned before: it took me a few hours to make my own remote with an arduino, and DJI is struggling over a year with this :-/

Here is my Remote
2019-9-16
Use props
silkweed
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dare I ask a question please?
This thread is as close as I have go to my question..  Is there a gimbal that works with an XT-2? Im going round in circles trying to find one that I can use for video.
2022-7-5
Use props
AnnaBelle74
New

France

<a >camera thermique</a>
2023-3-5
Use props
AnnaBelle74
New

France

camera thermique
2023-3-5
Use props
AnnaBelle74
New

France

camera thermique
2023-3-5
Use props
pellepelle
New

Ireland

<a >pelle pelle jacket</a> https://pellepellestore.com/  The largest and most well-known retailer of pellepelle leather jackets in the United States is Pelle Pelle Store. These pelle pelle jacket are similar to real pelle pelle jackets by Marc Buchanan. We are fully aware of how crucial it is to project the impression of being the coolest person in the room.
2023-6-22
Use props
pellepelle
New

Ireland

<a >pelle pelle jacket</a>
https://pellepellestore.com/

The largest and most well-known retailer of pellepelle leather jackets in the United States is Pelle Pelle Store.
These https://pellepellestore.com/ jacket are similar to real pelle pelle jackets by Marc Buchanan.
We are fully aware of how crucial it is to project the impression of being the coolest person in the room.
2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules