123Next >
22675 101 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nelsonliao1986
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21962 ft
Philippines

Is Ronin-S support Fujifilm X-T2 Camera? Since the Fujifilm cameras is not list on Camera compability list as of May 31, 2018. If I buy Ronin-S use for my Fujifilm X-T2 can I use for just gimbal purpose?
2018-6-5
Use props
fanse2bed950
lvl.3
Canada

Yes, just for gimbal purposes. Hope DJI will add support for Fujifilm cameras. I have X-T2 as well.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, unfortunately, this camera is not in our compatible list. Actually, Ronin-S can provide stabilization to the camera within 3.6 kg weight, up 205 mm width and 150mm height, but the control function may be unavailable, we will keep testing more cameras and lens to update our compatible list.
2018-6-5
Use props
待疯狂的渣渣
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61214 ft
Hong Kong

just gimbal stabilization function is ok.
2018-6-6
Use props
fansc2ed8c61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1686 ft
Malaysia

hi there, is anyone here bought ronin s for fujifilm mirrorless camera?
2018-8-13
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.2
United States

fansc2ed8c61 Posted at 2018-8-13 15:02
hi there, is anyone here bought ronin s for fujifilm mirrorless camera?

I have the Ronin-S and Fujifilm X-T2, works great but no control from gimbal is possible.
2018-8-13
Use props
Zwepp
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-6-5 21:20
Thanks for your interest in Ronin-S, unfortunately, this camera is not in our compatible list. Actually, Ronin-S can provide stabilization to the camera within 3.6 kg weight, up 205 mm width and 150mm height, but the control function may be unavailable, we will keep testing more cameras and lens to update our compatible list.

So how hard can it be to implement shutter control to make a photo and start/stop filming with the current Fuji X-serie camera's? You can buy good working wired remotes for a few bucks these days and the principle is the same for the Ronin S. Just hook it up with a designated USB cable like with Canon and get them to talk. Should be quite simple if you ask me. It's insanely frustrating to not being able to wield our precious Fuji gear with the much desired Ronin S because of something stupid like this. Get it working, please.
2018-8-22
Use props
D.A.R.R.Y.L.
New

United Kingdom

Zwepp Posted at 2018-8-22 01:56
So how hard can it be to implement shutter control to make a photo and start/stop filming with the current Fuji X-serie camera's? You can buy good working wired remotes for a few bucks these days and the principle is the same for the Ronin S. Just hook it up with a designated USB cable like with Canon and get them to talk. Should be quite simple if you ask me. It's insanely frustrating to not being able to wield our precious Fuji gear with the much desired Ronin S because of something stupid like this. Get it working, please.

So true! A simple command to start/stop and press shutter. It seems more an unwillingness to implement this simple function, then anything else. What shocks me the most is that since it's release to market several cameras have disappeared from the compatibility list. Go figure. This is heading the way of Meyer Goerlitz...
2018-8-22
Use props
teddyb10
New

Mike12345 Posted at 2018-8-13 18:56
I have the Ronin-S and Fujifilm X-T2, works great but no control from gimbal is possible.

Hello Mike, what do you mean by no control from the gimbal? I just got my Ronin S yesterday and I am having some second thoughts if I should keep it or return it because of the compatibility
issues with the XT-2.  Any thoughts??
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Zwepp Posted at 2018-8-22 01:56

Hi Zwepp, we understand your frustration, our engineers are keeping testing more cameras and providing more features, please pay attention to our website about the future release, thank you.
2018-8-23
Use props
Mike12345
lvl.2
United States

teddyb10 Posted at 2018-8-22 19:02
Hello Mike, what do you mean by no control from the gimbal? I just got my Ronin S yesterday and I am having some second thoughts if I should keep it or return it because of the compatibility
issues with the XT-2.  Any thoughts??

I mean you cannot control the camera with any of the buttons on the gimbal.  No ability to start/stop recording with the record button on the Ronin-S handle.  The gimbal itself works great though.  No gimbal (that I'm aware of) offers the ability to control a Fujifilm camera from the gimbal.
2018-8-23
Use props
zamelzah
New

Mike12345 Posted at 2018-8-23 19:49
I mean you cannot control the camera with any of the buttons on the gimbal.  No ability to start/stop recording with the record button on the Ronin-S handle.  The gimbal itself works great though.  No gimbal (that I'm aware of) offers the ability to control a Fujifilm camera from the gimbal.

Hey Mike,
DJI keeps skirting any Fuji XT3 compatibility questions with the evasive 'our engineers are always adding cameras blah blah..." Any buzz anywhere you can find that they are actually working on this and any date indicated? Must be a B-to-B hiccup which may mean : never. Have you found the gimbal to be OK to use despite (e.g. if you can't move the camera at all is it worth it? Start / stop I can just do manually but movement seems essential).
2018-10-1
Use props
tywalker89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 6-5 21:20

DJI! How on earth can you STILL not have compatibility with the Fuji X series cameras. The XT3 is arguably the best mirrorless camera for video on the market and videographers all over the world are changing to Fuji and you still don't have compatibility with the RONIN S! This is beyond a joke. I have been checking this web page nearly every day and you haven't updated anything for so long. I literally have no other option, but to sell my Ronin S and buy a Zhiyun.

Can someone please provide a concrete answer as to when Fuji cameras will be added to the Ronin S compatibility list. No ambiguous "our engineers are always working on improving the compatible cameras".

A very frustrated and disappointed Ronin S owner.  
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

If you think this is true, provide some data with hard numbers showing  "videographers all over the world are changing to Fuji." How many are switching from other brands? How much of the total video market consists of Fuji users?
2018-12-11
Use props
tywalker89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Paul Posted at 12-11 20:05
If you think this is true, provide some data with hard numbers showing  "videographers all over the world are changing to Fuji." How many are switching from other brands? How much of the total video market consists of Fuji users?

No thanks. I have a life.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

tywalker89 Posted at 12-11 20:48
No thanks. I have a life.
Then your statement is not backed up by facts and it’s just your opinion. This is not how product development works. If we blindly developed every single request without laying out priorities, nothing would ever get done.
2018-12-11
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2
United States

+1 For Fuji X-T3 support. Fuji was never really considered a front runner in video and I can understand why DJI didn’t support them. All that has changed with the X-T3. Fuji has made a big, bold statement with that camera. Fuji was always a major name in the 35mm movie world as well as in high end optics. With the X-T3 they have announced a big step into the mass video market. There is currently no better APS-C mirrorless video camera out there than Fuji’s latest release. And I expect we’re about to see a huge transition to Fuji taking place. Everyone working in video has been waiting for years for an elusive large sensor camera that can shoot 4K at 60fps in 10 bit with a 35mm sized sensor (or above). Fuji has done it. DJI should start supporting Fuji with the X-T3. Take a look at all the current blogs, reviews and articles that are naming the X-T3 one of the best cameras of the year. And Fuji is not going to stop there. They are now a major contender. The Ronin-S should support Fuji.
2018-12-12
Use props
tywalker89
lvl.1
Australia

DJI-Paul Posted at 12-11 23:13
Then your statement is not backed up by facts and it’s just your opinion. This is not how product development works. If we blindly developed every single request without laying out priorities, nothing would ever get done.

Zzzzzzzz ..
2018-12-12
Use props
ampand
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231381 ft
  • >>>
Austria

xt3 support - please.
2018-12-12
Use props
fans97389cd6
New

United States

DPReview just named the Fujifilm X-T3 Sill/Video Camera of the Year. Maybe it's time to start supporting the Fuji platform? Just an idea...
2018-12-13
Use props
Natalia Harsono Liem
New

Indonesia

What cable can connect the x-t20 and dji ronin s , so i can use the feature? Thankyou
2018-12-19
Use props
Emmet25
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I bought if for xt3, probably best mirrorless film camera released this year and yet it seems nothing support wise in the pipeline, next time I will go with weebill lab and not get ripped by a Ronin price reduction!
2018-12-19
Use props
Emmet25
lvl.1
United Kingdom

If you work for DJI you come across as a prat mate!
2018-12-19
Use props
Nelsonliao1986
lvl.1
Philippines

+ 1, DJI Ronin should support Fuji X Series Camera. Fuji X Series Camera is best mirrorless camera I ever used. I had tried before Canon, Panasonic, Sony when I bought my first Fuji Camera X-T2 I stopped to use other camera anymore. I hope DJI Ronin will able to compatible with Fuji Camera.
2018-12-19
Use props
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

Is the Ronin S combatible with both X-T2 and X-T3 when they have the battery grip attached? When so, how is the balance?

I would love to leave the battery grip attached as the camera would last a lot longer and I don't always need to de-attach the grip when switching from still to video. ;)

The Ronin S fits quite large cameras, hence I would hope so.
2018-12-24
Use props
KirkVoclain
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1478914 ft
United States

I too would love to see support for the Fuji Film Cameras....specifically the XPro2.....it's so light and it balances so nice on that gimbal......being able to at least start and stop from the gimbal would be AMAZING!!!!!!

Kirk
2018-12-25
Use props
Nelsonliao1986
lvl.1
Philippines

Base on survey result on Digital Camera World on the best mirrorless camera in 2018 the Fujifilm X-T3 is in 2nd place. A lot of my friend also switching to Fujifilm systems from other brand within these 2 years. I hope DJI team should highly pay attention on this matter.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.c ... t-mirrorless-camera
Fujifilm X-T3 Top 2

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-mirrorless-camera
Fujifilm X-T3 Top 5

https://www.switchbacktravel.com/best-mirrorless-cameras
Fujifilm X-T2 Top 2

https://www.t3.com/news/best-mirrorless-cameras
Fujifilm X-T3 Top 3

Where ever site you see, I promise that Fujifilm X series cameras are always in Top 5 list.
2018-12-28
Use props
Tom987654321
New

Germany

When I look in your support Forums I see empty promises. So whats the problem? You cant or wont integrate a simple trigger for Video/Photo for Fuji? I cant believe that you cannot manage to pull that off. A simple remote trigger can do that....

@All, just stop buying this Gimbal until DJI shows some hard facts. Call them, mail them, create Threads in their Fourm - let them know! Hold off buying!
2018-12-28
Use props
Marcus Zetterblad
New

Sweden

I switched from Sony to fujifilm x-t3 and since I got the x-t3 I haven't used any of my Sony’s. And I’m not the only one who’s impressed by the new fujifilm.
They are many moviemakers, videographers and vloggers  who are switching and if you need hard numbers to see that then you must have stuck your head in the sand the past six months!
If Dji are serious about making gimbals and accessories for videographers and moviemakers you need to pay attention to the camera market!
The x-t3 has set the standards for what’s possible to get from and mirrorless camera in terms of video, and fujifilm has always made their cameras better with firmware updates (look at x-t2 firmware 1.0 and today’s firmware, two different cameras). Compare that to Sony, where you have to buy apps for the camera...
We should also remember that the x-h1 still are fujifilm more video oriented camera and it will be replaced by an x-h2, what will it bring? Fuji has made a statement and showed what they can do, will dji?
2019-1-6
Use props
kevinseven
lvl.1
United States

+1 for X-T3 support.
2019-1-6
Use props
darixd
New
Italy

Please support Fuji camera!!!
2019-1-12
Use props
MarcoP
lvl.1
Portugal

is now a release date for fujifilm xt3 or xt2?
2019-1-23
Use props
Rmb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81883 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to add to the request for Fuji X-T3 support, my Ronin S is on its way to me now and I recently switched from Sony to Fuji.
2019-1-25
Use props
djiuser_69PLsEWl2gaa
New
Russia

Hello dears! I agree. Please add support for Fujifilm X-T3 on Ronin S. I wrote DJI about this. Nothing yet...
2019-1-29
Use props
tywalker89
lvl.1
Australia

Emmet25 Posted at 2018-12-19 10:08
I bought if for xt3, probably best mirrorless film camera released this year and yet it seems nothing support wise in the pipeline, next time I will go with weebill lab and not get ripped by a Ronin price reduction!

I'm with you dude!
2019-2-6
Use props
djiuser_qYY93dn66ATT
New
United States

+1 for Fuji support
2019-2-17
Use props
Aussierob78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740476 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Same here, please add Fuji Support.. XT3 user here
2019-3-23
Use props
swayz
New
Ireland

+1 for xt3 support.. glad you've sorted my other camera, the d850 thanks.. picked fuji with budget as no option.. just like dji ronin s.. the video on the fuji is the best.. blows nikon away anyway.. so i wanted to use fuji xt3 with ronin s also as its much lighter paired with 16mm prime it would be double good to use fuji.. sadly you're forcing me to use d850 if i want full control..  just got it set up this morning.. using xt3 just for gimbal.. looking forward to trying full control with d850 and 24-70.. while wishing it was the xt3 i was using..
2019-4-7
Use props
marioumazul
lvl.1

Portugal

I'm tired waiting for DJI to support Fujifilm x cameras. At least if they will not support it in the future, please make a statement and let us know!
2019-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

marioumazul Posted at 4-8 08:31
I'm tired waiting for DJI to support Fujifilm x cameras. At least if they will not support it in the future, please make a statement and let us know!

Hi there, Ronin-S will support Fuji XT3 via the future firmware update, our engineers are working on it, but sure about the other camera models, please wait patiently for the future update, thank you.
2019-4-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules