DJI - The Teacher: A Short Film
1462 32 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

DJI has released a movie a few days ago. Be prepared for quite some action and violence (not suitable for children):

2018-6-5
Use props
bradzilla
First Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Action packed... the whole thing was filmed with dji cameras of some type?
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

bradzilla Posted at 2018-6-5 09:56
Action packed... the whole thing was filmed with dji cameras of some type?

According to the information provided by DJI on Youtube, the Ronin 2 (with unknown camera) and Inspire 2 (I assume with Zenmuse X7) were used for the production.
2018-6-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Very nice movie tough chick
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Suren Posted at 2018-6-5 10:24
Very nice movie tough chick

I only can hope that this wonderful forum will not be "streamlined" in the same way...
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like London on a Saturday night
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 14:00
Looks like London on a Saturday night

Gosh, where has the famous British composure gone then? Or is this a ''Brexit'' effect maybe?
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 14:04
Gosh, where has the famous British composure gone then? Or is this a ''Brexit'' effect maybe?

Hahahaha - times have changed enormously here, even in my lifetime. There has been 10 knife related murders in the past week here, mainly involving teenagers... It's a metropolis and thousands of acts of theft from mopeds. Pleased I live well away from the centre of it. Still, heaven forbid I fly a drone there... Seriously, it seems taking a photo of a building is more of a crime than stabbing someone. Political correctness has gone mad!
2018-6-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Action packed for sure.
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 14:10
Hahahaha - times have changed enormously here, even in my lifetime. There has been 10 knife related murders in the past week here, mainly involving teenagers... It's a metropolis and thousands of acts of theft from mopeds. Pleased I live well away from the centre of it. Still, heaven forbid I fly a drone there... Seriously, it seems taking a photo of a building is more of a crime than stabbing someone. Political correctness has gone mad!

I see, not as much as dramatic here but to a certain extent true for the cities here as well. So glad that we moved out on a hill in the countryside three years ago into beautiful nature. I don't mind the few kilometres driving to work, when I come home there is just peace and clean air around.
2018-6-5
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Wow that was very tense, action packed.  
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 14:17
I see, not as much as dramatic here but to a certain extent true for the cities here as well. So glad that we moved out on a hill in the countryside three years ago into beautiful nature. I don't mind the few kilometres driving to work, when I come home there is just peace and clean air around.

I know what you mean. I moved from Bath to be with the lady who is now my wife and she was born in London. We've settled right at the top of North London in the leafy suburbs - a lot of my photos I post on here are actually within Greater London near to where I live. As with any city you have pockets that most people just avoid. London is one of those cities where at one end of a street is one of the most run down areas you can imagine and yet at the other end of the same street a 2 bedroom flat would cost you upwards of £5m. London has the most billionaires of any city in the world living in it according to Forbes with 86. The wealth and poverty is quite extreme and with that comes the violence. Britishness is a thing of the past here (outside Buckingham Palace). For that you'll need to head out into the counties - where Brexit was the majority. Most Londoner's voted to remain in the EU and whilst there are 9m people in this city there are 65m in this country.
2018-6-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That's a nice movie, well put together. Well done DJI

We've today started our own movie/documentary and so far used only DJI products, though I don't see the completion being done with just DJI products, not unless I buy an X7 and a ronin. Nor do I see the conclusion of our movie/documentary ending quite so violently, but you never know lol

2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-5 15:11
That's a nice movie, well put together. Well done DJI

We've today started our own movie/documentary and so far used only DJI products, though I don't see the completion being done with just DJI products, not unless I buy an X7 and a ronin. Nor do I see the conclusion of our movie/documentary ending quite so violently, but you never know lol

Good luck with your project and I am very much looking forward to see the outcome! But PLEASE, keep Michelle and you in ONE piece!
2018-6-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 15:17
Good luck with your project and I am very much looking forward to see the outcome! But PLEASE, keep Michelle and you in ONE piece!

Thanks buddy, it's an epic project and sometimes I think we might have bitten off more than we can chew. Ballet dancer, models, a sportscar and a variety of differing outstanding locations as hints, that's as far as is going to be revealed lol.  The idea is a 'showreel' this is who we are and what we do.

The only violence I could envisage is Miche giving me a slap by the end of this project journey lol
2018-6-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Differently was not your typical Mavic video.
Watched it from beginning to end and it kept me on the edge of my seat.
2018-6-5
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 14:10

Save a life turn in your knife
2018-6-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-5 15:29
Thanks buddy, it's an epic project and sometimes I think we might have bitten off more than we can chew. Ballet dancer, models, a sportscar and a variety of differing outstanding locations as hints, that's as far as is going to be revealed lol.  The idea is a 'showreel' this is who we are and what we do.

Wow, this really sounds like a big project! Very curious now...
2018-6-5
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BHProductions Posted at 2018-6-5 21:25
Save a life turn in your knife

You laugh but there are specific bins around London for people to throw away their knives - it's alarming mate. Thank God we don't allow guns!
2018-6-5
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 22:27
You laugh but there are specific bins around London for people to throw away their knives - it's alarming mate. Thank God we don't allow guns!

Sadly it's not just London, every town, village city have knife carrying thugs. Personally long jail terms for anybody carrying a knife with intent. And if intent can't be proven a slap round the kisser with a police truncheon .... you'd leave it at home in the kitchen drawer then.
2018-6-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-6 00:06
Sadly it's not just London, every town, village city have knife carrying thugs. Personally long jail terms for anybody carrying a knife with intent. And if intent can't be proven a slap round the kisser with a police truncheon .... you'd leave it at home in the kitchen drawer then.

Damn right - throwing acid in peoples faces is also a new one lately too. I am making London sound like something out of total recall LOL - it's not that bad as we're talking a small percentage of the population and demographic and some areas of London are out of this world and the safest places on earth but I don't envy the police and special forces - they do a grand job with the resources they have.
2018-6-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 21:59
Wow, this really sounds like a big project! Very curious now...

We kinda set ourselves impossible tasks, two major showcase projects for us running at the same time. The first is a breeze as it is salmon fishing related, so mixing flying with angling is not really a hardship for me lol. The second project is proving to be a lot more difficult, slow graceful movements to very fast vehicular speeds, night shoots, high altitude shoot and of course variable temperatures, hot to colder. It's going to be fun shooting, what isn't so much fun is the planning and contingency plans lol It will keep us busy for at least the next year, plan, train, test, and finally go for shoot.
We've been testing and training POI and tracking techniques manually and have to say, so far, our drones have behaved wonderfully. Miche used a manual POI on the abbey and was silky smooth for the duration of the long manoeuvre, so we learnt something new and theres method to our madness. So bare with us, we are training constantly and learning for everybody here on the forum. Fun fun fun and sometimes challenging, head scratching often and then the answer technique appears on the forum... sorted lol
2018-6-6
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

M2Wair Posted at 2018-6-6 01:19
We kinda set ourselves impossible tasks, two major showcase projects for us running at the same time. The first is a breeze as it is salmon fishing related, so mixing flying with angling is not really a hardship for me lol. The second project is proving to be a lot more difficult, slow graceful movements to very fast vehicular speeds, night shoots, high altitude shoot and of course variable temperatures, hot to colder. It's going to be fun shooting, what isn't so much fun is the planning and contingency plans lol It will keep us busy for at least the next year, plan, train, test, and finally go for shoot.
We've been testing and training POI and tracking techniques manually and have to say, so far, our drones have behaved wonderfully. Miche used a manual POI on the abbey and was silky smooth for the duration of the long manoeuvre, so we learnt something new and theres method to our madness. So bare with us, we are training constantly and learning for everybody here on the forum. Fun fun fun and sometimes challenging, head scratching often and then the answer technique appears on the forum... sorted lol

Ok, I'll be patient and very much look forward!
2018-6-6
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-6 02:49
Ok, I'll be patient and very much look forward!

Thanks buddy, to be fair I am thoroughly enjoying the learning phase, testing a technique or learning a specific manoeuvre for a specific shot has been great fun, if but very challenging. I see others do something on film and my curiosity gets the better of me and I have to go out and try and replicate the technique/manoeuvre lol the last one was from a James Bond Movie. Apparently Miche doesn't think I'm James Bond Material so I'm relegated to filming and not starring in the clip, go figure huh she can be hurtful at times.... sit down monkey boy and let your belly out... charming.  
2018-6-6
Use props
BHProductions
First Officer
Flight distance : 43018593 ft
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-5 22:27

I've seen the bins and the banners. I've carried a pocket knife ever since I was a cub scout. I laugh at the notion that it is the knife that is causing all the mayhem. Next campaign will be don't be a clown put the acid down. But I wholeheartedly agree with you that political correctness is running amok.  
2018-6-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BHProductions Posted at 2018-6-6 09:36
I've seen the bins and the banners. I've carried a pocket knife ever since I was a cub scout. I laugh at the notion that it is the knife that is causing all the mayhem. Next campaign will be don't be a clown put the acid down. But I wholeheartedly agree with you that political correctness is running amok.

2018-6-6
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

When's the sequel?? LOL
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice.  Yeah, that's a bad chick.  Dude should have let her quit!
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-6 00:31
Damn right - throwing acid in peoples faces is also a new one lately too. I am making London sound like something out of total recall LOL - it's not that bad as we're talking a small percentage of the population and demographic and some areas of London are out of this world and the safest places on earth but I don't envy the police and special forces - they do a grand job with the resources they have.

What ever happened to marry old England?  Good old old old days.  
You know, when they caught some evil person, like acid throwers, and they were Hanged, Drawn, and Quartered?
2018-6-6
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 20:33
What ever happened to marry old England?  Good old old old days.  
You know, when they caught some evil person, like acid throwers, and they were Hanged, Drawn, and Quartered?

Haha - that ended in 1870 although by then the beheading was done posthumously and woman were never hung, drawn and quartered but rather burnt alive at the stake for reasons of 'public decency'. That punishment was only ever carried out for high treason to the state and the death sentence in the UK for treason was abolished in 1998 with the death sentence abolished for lesser crimes like murder in 1965 in Great Britain and 1973 in Northern Ireland - as until 1998 the only crime you could commit that would legally warrant the death sentence in the UK was the assassination of the Queen. Since 1998 no person can be executed by the state for any reason - just life sentence in prison. Throwing acid in someones face is either GBH (typically 7 years) or attempted murder (10 - 15 years).
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-6-6 23:13
Haha - that ended in 1870 although by then the beheading was done posthumously and woman were never hung, drawn and quartered but rather burnt alive at the stake for reasons of 'public decency'. That punishment was only ever carried out for high treason to the state and the death sentence in the UK for treason was abolished in 1998 with the death sentence abolished for lesser crimes like murder in 1965 in Great Britain and 1973 in Northern Ireland - as until 1998 the only crime you could commit that would legally warrant the death sentence in the UK was the assassination of the Queen. Since 1998 no person can be executed by the state for any reason - just life sentence in prison. Throwing acid in someones face is either GBH (typically 7 years) or attempted murder (10 - 15 years).

woman were never hung, drawn and quartered but rather burnt alive at the stake for reasons of 'public decency'.

Sounds sexist to me!   
Lower violent crime rate, bring back burning alive - for both sexes.  

2018-6-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-7 08:50
woman were never hung, drawn and quartered but rather burnt alive at the stake for reasons of 'public decency'.

Sounds sexist to me!   

I don't think the term sexist was in the English vocabulary in the 1300's mate
2018-6-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

nice sharing
2018-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now