Monitor suggestions for Ronin M?
26832 8 2015-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aron
New

United States

Hello All! Thank-you for taking the time to view this thread. My Ronin M is arriving on Tuesday and I'm quite excited to get started. I have been looking at monitors for it and I as curious what most people are using for their Ronin. I was looking at the Smallhd 502 or possibly the Atomos Ninja Blade for the added recording ability. Of course the Ninja is heavier and I was going to test it out first before I make my choice, but I was wondering what most of you were using with your current set up. I was also interested if many of you use Lightbridge for remote viewing of the footage for a secondary operator or viewer. Thank-you very much for your input!!
Small HD 502  https://www.smallhd.com/lp/502/

Atomos Ninja Blade  http://www.atomos.com/ninja-blade/
2015-5-14
Use props
johnmont250
lvl.3

United States

i had a great shoot in a convertible car the other day.  i used a sony x70.  i had the ac sit in the passenger seat holding the ronin.  i sat behind him and i attached my ipad mini 2 to the head rest for a bluetoothe  wireless monitor from the camera.  i could pan and tilt, roll  with the remote from the back seat.  and control some camera functions through the sony app.  i should have used a wide angle attachement, but the shots are rock steady.
2015-5-17
Use props
igarti
lvl.2

Spain

Hi. Just to say what I've. I Have an Atomos Shogun recorder/monitor and that's what I should use to record the 4:2:2. 10 bits Pro Res HQ 4K.
For the second operator what I'll use (not still tested) is a 3m long HDMI to HDMI cable for an old Small HD DP1X installed over the second operator Controller.  Camera is a GH4.

Any suggestion should be appreciated.
2015-5-18
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

Seriously, no one paid attention to NAB15? That plastic Atomas Ninja and SmallHD is old news. Video Device is better constructed, has tons of options, and best of all, records 4K on mSATA, 1TB for less then $300.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... 5_4k_recording.html
2015-5-18
Use props
mydaddy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 919232 ft
United States

2015-5-18
Use props
gabereuben
New

United States

I have my Ronin-M rigged up with the 502. It's incredible, seriously, couldn't ask for a sharper image or better features. Keep in mind it does not record, it's just a monitor. I am having an issue with powering the 502, however. I opted to power the 502 with an LP-E6 to P-Tap converter plugged into the base of the Ronin, like the one below:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... to_D_Tap_Power.html

The problem is the coiled chord is throwing off the balance of the Ronin and making the motors work much harder than they should. I could just power the 502 with LP-E6 batteries but don't own any, and didn't see this problem happening.
2015-5-22
Use props
tbuining
lvl.2

Netherlands

gabereuben@gmai Posted at 2015-5-23 10:37
I have my Ronin-M rigged up with the 502. It's incredible, seriously, couldn't ask for a sharper ima ...

I tried first, my Small HD with sunhood 17 cm. Outside in bright sunlight.
The Ronin in my right hand. The small HD upright.
What did i see. Nothing. Sunreflection.

Then Ronin for my brest. The same.

A monitor, even with sunhood, only works inside. Thats my opinion.

Then i tried a Zacuto with eye cab.
Placed the Zacuto with a magic arm on the arms of the Ronin M.

It's not very simple to look in it, when you are filming.
But you see every thing. The sun is gone.

I have a neckband. Than i can work much longer.
5kg for Ronin + camera + lens + monitor is very haevy.
Your glad to place him back on his stand, after a few minutes.

With the neckband it's more simple to keep the Zacuto for your eye.
Of course you don 't have more, all of the freedom. Must look thrue the eye cab.

You have the choise. See what you do with the Zacuto.
Or see nothing, with any monitor. Even with sunhood.
Or work without a monitor in the sun.

When you look good to the lens (whitout monitor) , you see a lot. But all?

2015-6-27
Use props
Snowman
lvl.2

Finland

I'm considering Black Magic Video Assist for my Ronin-M. Seems to be the best bet, especially considering the price tag.

Better suggestions gracefully accepted
2016-4-4
Use props
hollytech0103
New

India

Hello,

Look at here, miracast wireless display adapter. This is best for you, I am also using this. Its amazing and has great features. Thanks.
2016-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules