Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Metadata Changes upon Download
2542 14 2018-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jsblackw9
New
United States

I am experienceing a problem with downloading pictures/videos from the DJI app to my iPhone 8 plus.  I have tried selecting multiple images as well as 1 image at a time.  Every time that I save a file(s) the app is changing the metadata.  I am picky about my time and date stamps and would like this info to be accurate.  I received some pretty lame support from a guy named James when I called in and I hoped I could receive better service through this medium.  Thanks!
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Good day! We apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced. I just want to clarify, are you using Osmo Mobile 2?
2018-6-5
Use props
Jsblackw9
New
United States

Yes, It is an Osmo Mobile 2.
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jsblackw9 Posted at 2018-6-5 07:23
Yes, It is an Osmo Mobile 2.

Thank you for that. We will raise this issue in our management to get further information so that we can provide accurate information for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
2018-6-5
Use props
Shayy0909
New
Flight distance : 26509 ft
France

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-6-5 07:44
Thank you for that. We will raise this issue in our management to get further information so that we can provide accurate information for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I am having the same problem too. After download, the metadata will reflect the date and time that I download. Any solutions yet?
2018-6-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Shayy0909 Posted at 2018-6-26 07:50
I am having the same problem too. After download, the metadata will reflect the date and time that I download. Any solutions yet?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, would you mind providing the firmware and app version as well as the model of the phone?
2018-6-26
Use props
fans70eb4ee2
New
United States

I face the same issue with my iPhone X 11.3.1 and Osmo Mobile 2. with DJI GO 3.1.42.
When will there be a fix available for the DJI GO App?
2018-7-2
Use props
deodat
New

Hungary

Same problem here, although only with photos, videos seem to keep the time stamp.
Also is it/will it be possible to use the geotag feature on the photos and videos?
iPhone X iOS 11.4, DJI Osmo Mobile 2, DJI GO 3.1.42
2018-7-14
Use props
Cathie
lvl.1
France

Same problem, downloading the videos on my iPhone 10 (11.4.1) with DJI Go (V3.1.42) keeps the correct dat/time
Downloading 1 or several pictures from DJI app put the date / time of the download
This is really boring - I have dozen and dozen of pictures stored in DJI and have no time to download them one by one and relate them
It's been several months (see the first post here) and nothing seems to have been done to fix this!
2018-7-26
Use props
Cathie
lvl.1
France

To all the people that have posted here have you managed to find a solution?
I’m afraid that if we wait for a solution from the app, we might wait a while
2018-7-27
Use props
Cathie
lvl.1
France

Hello me again

I have found a workaround for the pictures. No need to download the pictures on your iPhone.
Plug your iPhone to your Mac, open iTunes.
Select your iPhone, in Settings on the left, select Files sharing
On the right side of iTunes select DjiGo then further on the right, HG300 storage folder
Click Save on the bottom right
Choose a folder on your Mac (Pictures/Dji for me) to save the content of this folder, and then click on Save again
The synchronisation start (have a look at the progression bar on the top of iTunes screen)
Once completed open the finder and locate the folder that you have saved (Pictures/Dji/HG300 storage)
Delete all the files with extension thumbnails (a bit long in my case - more than 600 pictures)
You have as well some folders which contains photo bursts (and not brustx as the pictures are named :-))
All the pictures have a name including the date/time (and as well the folders)

Then open Photos and import the folder Pictures/Dji/HG300 Storage
Select Photos: all the pictures are now in Photos with the correct date / timestamp

One thing I had pictures taken in Utah, then in Nice (France), then in New York
I select first the Utah ones, click on Adjust Date & Time, type Salt Lake City on the bottom of the screen, and then put my cursor in the Adjusted field above. The time is reverted back to Salt Lake City and then i click on Adjust
Repeat the same operation with the Nice ones and the New York ones

Everything is almost correct now

Last point: i used with the Oslo 2 the panoramic picture feature: when i import the picture resulting of this panoramic, the size is 656k. I have exported this picture choosing Jpeg quality: Maximum and Size: Full size. Its size is now 1.7M, and then i reimport it :-)

After several hours of farting around on internet, and almost 2 hours I now have all the 600+ pictures with the correct size/date/hour!

Thank you Dji engineers for not being able to explain the workaround, or provide a fix

PS: sorry for the dodgy english but i'm french :-)
Good night to all!!!!!
2018-7-27
Use props
hoover
New
United States

I would like a technical reasoning for why the DJI Go app cannot save directly to the iPhone's camera roll
2018-11-28
Use props
djiuser_gvk1WQOwF9In
New
Germany

Hallo,
Seems that issue exists quit long time.
I’m using a mini 3 pro and iPhone 12 mini.
The DJI fly app gives you two options to download the files.
1. Most reasonable ones - select the files and click on die download icon.
But always when I do this in that way the files gets the time and date from the download time.
2. Share bottom - select the files and click on the share bottom. The transfer starts right after the a push notification (forgot which one) reject the notification and you see the transfer has been started. AND the meta data is correct!

The last update August 2022 changed this to optimize the storage use.
Unfortunately I’m not able to download the files on my mobile with the real meta data.

Anyone has an idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance
2022-8-24
Use props
difurious
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_gvk1WQOwF9In Posted at 8-24 21:13
Hallo,
Seems that issue exists quit long time.
I’m using a mini 3 pro and iPhone 12 mini.

Also having the same issue. Really annoying losing the date time meta data.

DJI fly app
Magic mini 3
2022-9-12
Use props
Juventus
New
United States

Pizdets blyati same issue for me. I'm using osmo mobile 6 and iphone 12Pro and when I transferred video files the meta data is complitelly renamed like FG132FRX.mp4
Any solutions?
2023-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules