sad truth.
2018-9-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-9-24 12:46
https://youtu.be/6CMNAiKa4Qc?t=479  sad truth.

Some of the stuff this guy brought up were baseless, like having the ability to fly in NFZ... Sorry, they are there for a reason, just because you are a "pro" does not give you the entitlement to flaunt the rules...

Some of his other rants also seemed hyperbole, but some were valid... I did lose a little respect for him after this.
2018-9-24
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-24 09:53
It continues........
https://tinyurl.com/y9hgqyqk
Mavic Air.  DJI's abandoned aircraft.

Well, we've just been handed a Christmas Miracle in September, DJI has FINALLY released FW 0500!

I'm going to give it a go tonight when I get home from work to see if any of our issues reported here got corrected, as, curiously, NONE of them are listed in the release notes, but a BUNCH of others I never experienced got "fixed"...
2018-9-26
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-26 12:13
Well, we've just been handed a Christmas Miracle in September, DJI has FINALLY released FW 0500!

I'm going to give it a go tonight when I get home from work to see if any of our issues reported here got corrected, as, curiously, NONE of them are listed in the release notes, but a BUNCH of others I never experienced got "fixed"...

Let us know when it finally shows up.  I'll believe it when I see it.
2018-9-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-26 12:13

I'll be looking for your review of the new firmware.  I, too, noticed that none of the problems that we were complaining about, except for the motor current error, were listed among the fixes.  Specifically the Yaw problem.

I'll be interested to know how your bird flies after this update!
2018-9-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-24 13:03
Some of the stuff this guy brought up were baseless, like having the ability to fly in NFZ... Sorry, they are there for a reason, just because you are a "pro" does not give you the entitlement to flaunt the rules...

Some of his other rants also seemed hyperbole, but some were valid... I did lose a little respect for him after this.

I didn't lose any respect for him after this.  He was pretty clear that it was his experience.  While he did engage in a little hyperbole,  he just came across as ranting.  We all rant from time to time, and since he was positioning it as his own personal hate, and not "why everyone should hate DJI", i'm ok with it.  He's got a right to his opinion.  but what was funny to me was the fact that I get the "you must update" error all the time.  but before I fly, i simply turn off any connection to internet, and then make the connection to the aircraft.  I only get relevant errors after that.  

And as for NFZs, isn't there a way to unlock them?  If you're going to fly for professional reasons, then you should be in a position to plan it, and therefore have time to do the unlocking procedure...  

I'm just sayin.....
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-9-27 06:10
I'll be looking for your review of the new firmware.  I, too, noticed that none of the problems that we were complaining about, except for the motor current error, were listed among the fixes.  Specifically the Yaw problem.

I'll be interested to know how your bird flies after this update!

I'll definitely be posting up a review after the 0500 gets installed, along with the RC FW update also released...

For now it seems the update is not being released, as even the link to the revised release notes has been pulled, which seems to indicate it was posted in error.
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-9-27 06:41
I didn't lose any respect for him after this.  He was pretty clear that it was his experience.  While he did engage in a little hyperbole,  he just came across as ranting.  We all rant from time to time, and since he was positioning it as his own personal hate, and not "why everyone should hate DJI", i'm ok with it.  He's got a right to his opinion.  but what was funny to me was the fact that I get the "you must update" error all the time.  but before I fly, i simply turn off any connection to internet, and then make the connection to the aircraft.  I only get relevant errors after that.  

And as for NFZs, isn't there a way to unlock them?  If you're going to fly for professional reasons, then you should be in a position to plan it, and therefore have time to do the unlocking procedure...  

Fair enough...

Yes he was clear, but for me, being someone like himself with a fair amount of clout as a pro pilot and business owner, to go on a rant like that, some of which like you pointed out was hyperbole, doesn't sit well with me... Too many of these YouTube vloggers try to put out sensationalist vids without much substance to them, but hoping it catches on so it gives them clicks.

I've only had the update warning ONCE before flying, because I have a set pre-flight checklist, which includes checking for FW updates before heading out into the field. DJI usually releases FW updates in the mornings, so I always get them before going out. A pro pilot should be doing the same, his statements about the constant barrage of updates was pure hyperbole.

The NFZ thing again, was a rant I didn't care for, because yes, DJI does allow unlocking of NFZ's, but he seems to think they should all be permanently unlocked just because he's a "pro" pilot, making him sound like he should be above the law. The NFZ's are there for a reason, and just because you are a professional, shouldn't make one exempt from having to follow the rules.

Oh well
2018-9-27
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:10
I'll definitely be posting up a review after the 0500 gets installed, along with the RC FW update also released...

For now it seems the update is not being released, as even the link to the revised release notes has been pulled, which seems to indicate it was posted in error.

"For now it seems the update is not being released, as even the link to the revised release notes has been pulled, which seems to indicate it was posted in error."

Good grief, can this company be any more inept when it comes to supporting this aircraft?
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-9-27 09:21
"For now it seems the update is not being released, as even the link to the revised release notes has been pulled, which seems to indicate it was posted in error."

Good grief, can this company be any more inept when it comes to supporting this aircraft?

I think we know the answer to that question
2018-9-27
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:17
Fair enough...

Yes he was clear, but for me, being someone like himself with a fair amount of clout as a pro pilot and business owner, to go on a rant like that, some of which like you pointed out was hyperbole, doesn't sit well with me... Too many of these YouTube vloggers try to put out sensationalist vids without much substance to them, but hoping it catches on so it gives them clicks.

I should have been clearer.  I didn't have a great deal of respect for him to begin with, because of what you said.  So many vloggers put out what is essentially click bait.

with that knowledge, I don't put that much weight on them to begin with, so the fact that i didn't lose any respect doesn't say a lot.  
YouTube vloggers for me are only as good as the advice they give.  When it ceases to be objective, it no longer carries relevance.

And that is my exact point on the NFZs.  You can unlock them.  So if you're a pro, and doing your due diligence, you would get it unlocked before your flight.  Therefore, that point carried no weight at all.

That was a lot of words to say that you and I are on the same page.  
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-9-27 10:02
I should have been clearer.  I didn't have a great deal of respect for him to begin with, because of what you said.  So many vloggers put out what is essentially click bait.

with that knowledge, I don't put that much weight on them to begin with, so the fact that i didn't lose any respect doesn't say a lot.  

Well, I say it's best to say however much needs to be said in order to ensure clarity all around, to prevent issues down the road
2018-9-27
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer is reporting he was able to download and install .0500 FW for Mavic Air

At this time, DJI's Mavic Air download page is still showing old .0400 FW.
HERE, DJI forum has annouced .0500 for 2018/09/30 release.

2018-9-29
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-29 22:31
HereForTheBeer is reporting he was able to download and install .0500 FW for Mavic Air

At this time, DJI's Mavic Air download page is still showing old .0400 FW.

OK, going to go check to see if I can update my MA and RC, but unfortunately won’t be able to fly because it’s pouring rain here, and supposed to be most of next week
2018-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules