o(^-^)o
3-D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:51
Hi 3-D,

Yes, that's exactly the same thing with me... When time is money, and also being in the IT industry, I have no patience for that sort of thing, and I catch on to scripted / canned responses quickly, because again, I'm in the industry and recognize standard responses.

"how many people who buy these devices are actually skillful enough with firmware, data log extraction, and troubleshooting techniques, to not just want to throw in the towel..."
That is the biggest reason that I try to keep the editorial out of my answers.  My wife tells me all the time "you shouldn't talk to people like they know everything you know.  But don't talk to them like they are children either.  There is a happy medium.  That's where  you need to be."  

That advice has helped me a lot.
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-6 09:34
Edison,
You and I are probably a lot alike.  I normally start conversations with any support representative with "If you're reading from a script, please transfer me to the next level.  thanks."
I'm notoriously hard on support, because of my field.  I expect a lot, and am disappointed a lot of the time.

I haven't tried that.  But perhaps I should - When they start with: Is it plugged in?  Or: Is Green colored ethernet cable plugged into Green colored port?
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 10:25
I haven't tried that.  But perhaps I should - When they start with: Is it plugged in?  Or: Is Green colored ethernet cable plugged into Green colored port?

Yep.  That's pretty much when that line comes out.  And again, listening to the wife,  I've shortened it.  It used to be "if you're reading from a script, transfer me.  because the chances are, i wrote that script."  

2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 09:17
It's not demeaning when it in fact is true...

The comments the majority of them make are little more than fluff pieces, and often are made without reading the original query of the customer they are responding to. Often they regurgitate the same material, proving these are scripted / canned responses.

Being in IT, I have ZERO tolerance or respect for "support" people like this, because they actually should never be in the support business.

Unfortunately that tends to be a problem through out business world.  Still, that problem rears its ugly head in High-Tech world more than any where.
Does not help things that businesses tend to Off-Shore their first and second level support to countries who have marginal knowledge, almost no training, and expect them to communicate in several languages.  

Aggrevating situation prior to reaching actual support is when a business forces a customer to go through two to four levels of automated troubleshooting!  Which of course does not understand voice response.  Nor does autoamted system have an entry for nature of problem.

2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

3-D Posted at 2018-6-6 10:28
Yep.  That's pretty much when that line comes out.  And again, listening to the wife,  I've shortened it.  It used to be "if you're reading from a script, transfer me.  because the chances are, i wrote that script."

because the chances are, i wrote that script.

At least now I will know who's name to Scream out with all the associated bad language!
3-D did it to me again!  That _____ ______ _____ wrote this _____ _____ of a mess, that I am now stuck doing.

2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 10:48

At least now I will know who's name to Scream out with all the associated bad language!

Wait, wait wait..  What I meant to say...  ah screw it.  I'm sure you can't say anything worse than things I've already heard...      You know how it is...  When it works, you don't exist, when it doesn't you broke it.  oh, and you're Satan (or at least a close relative), and only exist to fix their problems.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 10:48

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-6-6 10:58
Wait, wait wait..  What I meant to say...  ah screw it.  I'm sure you can't say anything worse than things I've already heard...      You know how it is...  When it works, you don't exist, when it doesn't you broke it.  oh, and you're Satan (or at least a close relative), and only exist to fix their problems.

Ay-men to that! Been there, done that!

Like the saying goes, there's no pleasing everyone!

2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 10:45
Being in IT, I have ZERO tolerance or respect for "support" people like this, because they actually should never be in the support business.

Unfortunately that tends to be a problem through out business world.  Still, that problem rears its ugly head in High-Tech world more than any where.

EXACTLY!!!
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 08:26
Exactly...

Most people today won't take the time to come onto a forum to complain, because lately they're just put down by others on the board that it's actually not an issue, or that it is actually their problem to begin with and not the fault of the product.

Exactly...  Most people today won't take the time to come onto a forum to complain, because lately they're just put down by others on the board that it's actually not an issue, or that it is actually their problem to begin with and not the fault of the product.

Spot On!  

So been there with totally different product.  You are the only one.  You are trying to stir up trouble.  Read the ____ Manual.  You are to stupid to use _______.  Blah, blah, blah.

The ones you are talking about, are known as Fanboys.  No amount of evidence will change their minds.  They will defend company's product even after product is recalled.

In few cases there are company ''Plants'' who's job it is to deflect any real critism or dismiss any serious problem.  Plants may not be on company payroll, but they are getting special deals or freebies.  

2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

3-D Posted at 2018-6-6 09:29
@Edison,  
    Most of the time I've been very happy with the advice of the Captains and Officers in this forum.  But I'm with you on this particular issue, for a number of reasons.  Also being in IT, I understand what a difference that firmware can make.  I have also seen firmware act completely different in the same model of computer.  I also understand that just because everyone doesn't have a problem doesn't mean that the problem doesn't exist.  The biggest problem here is that there is no acknowledgement that there is an issue.  There are only so many times that the phrase "this is an isolated incident" can be used.  I'm one of the lucky ones that have been able to sort out my issues.  Does that mean that there isn't an issue with the .0400 firmware?  No.  it does not.  The fact is that I had no problems before I updated and then after I updated, then I did have problems.  I went through extensive troubleshooting and updating and such, and my issues have been resolved.  I don't know what the problem is or was, but i know it was introduced with the introduction of the .0400 firmware.  To dismiss that for others problems is just disrespectful.
@HereForTheBeer said "For most people, even 1 failure is 1 too many.. spend $800-$1000 it doesn’t matter what the failure rate maybe, if yours is misbehaving that’s 1 too many. "

You know this thing about good captains v bad captains is pretty frugal , captains are just the same as level 1 users, they may have been on the forum longer and have more experience of how dji works, but that’s about it.
While you agree this is not an epidemic I find it strange that those who are having problems would rather come here week after week and air there case and what should be done about it, but when someone offers a much more pragmatic solution one that will save the likes of Edison money and time, your shot down as a dji fan boy.

Problem:  firmware .400 for it has to be said very few

Solution 1: wait 1/2 months for new firmware, using this time to try to whip up support to try get firmware quicker. But we have never seen it before and I don’t believe we will see it here either, but saying something like this should not be allowed on this thread that is on an open forum. The advice is practical true and good from those who have been around here long enough.

Solution 2: again pragmatic and made by those who are able to see the wood from the trees. Return drone under warranty get it replaced or repaired. How , send one email get case number and prepare drone for shipping, receive drone back two weeks, or wait two months fo firmware to be released, if you or Edison can’t see that someone suggesting this is trying to help, then I’m afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.

Anyone who buys one of these drones is entitled to have it and have it working, but if they refuse to go down the simple road of having their contract with dji adhered to and getting their drone working as it should then they are making a rod for their own back.

This is the kind of information those around here longer can offer, it shouldn’t be thrown back in their face, it’s the best and quickest way to get your drone working the way the vast majority of MavAir are.

And when that’s sorted then come back and offer solutions for improved service and anything else, but I’ve been around to long to realize that for some ranting is much more to their taste than getting sorted.
2018-6-6
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 11:17
You know this thing about good captains v bad captains is pretty frugal , captains are just the same as level 1 users, they may have been on the forum longer and have more experience of how dji works, but that’s about it.
While you agree this is not an epidemic I find it strange that those who are having problems would rather come here week after week and air there case and what should be done about it, but when someone offers a much more pragmatic solution one that will save the likes of Edison money and time, your shot down as a dji fan boy.

You keep implying with your posts that we should just send our drones out to DJI (paying out-of-pocket for shipping) to have them send us back yet another drone that has the potential for having the SAME ISSUE as the one I sent in, because this isn't a HARDWARE problem, it's SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE. That replacement unit will be shipped with the same .0400 buggy FW, in which I, and many here, have NO trust in.

There is ZERO logic in your recommendations, as replacing the drone with another unit that again uses the same BUGGY FIRMWARE is not logical, and also forces the owner to incur further costs by way of shipping.

In situations where software is the culprit, one must wait for the software to be replaced / fixed, not to keep cycling thru replacement hardware that will be just as susceptible to FW issues.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You know this thing about good captains v bad captains is pretty frugal , captains are just the same as level 1 users, they may have been on the forum longer and have more experience of how dji works, but that’s about it.
While you agree this is not an epidemic I find it strange that those who are having problems would rather come here week after week and air there case and what should be done about it, but when someone offers a much more pragmatic solution one that will save the likes of Edison money and time, your shot down as a dji fan boy.

Hey, I don't disagree that the simple solution is to send it back and get a warranty return.  I've suggested the same.  And I don't have a problem with the solutions that you've tried to put forth.  I only have a problem with the persistent assertion that the problems are not from the firmware update.  That is the statement that earns the 'fanboy' moniker.

The facts are this:

Many people have had problems with the latest firmware update.
Many of those people have come to the forums to look for support.

People are emotional.  Especially after spending that kind of money.  People live in their own worlds.
The suggestion to send it back to DJI for inspection/repair is valid.  The assertion that it's not a problem is not.  That is my point.  

Maybe it's because of my field that I understand this more than some.  

example:  I get a call saying " The internet is down"  Well of course the whole internet is not down.  but for that person, that is the reality.  and until it is fixed, the whole internet is down.

Now, I can go and say "No, you idiot, nobody else is having the problem.  it's only you.  so it's not a big deal."  or I can say "Here is what you should do.  Take your PC to the service department and let them try to figure out what is wrong."
I can't do both without looking like I don't care or like their problem doesn't really exist.  

It's just a matter of presentation.  If one's problems are belittled, they don't see it as their problem being belittled.  they see it as themselves being belittled.  They tend to feel as if you're saying their problem doesn't exit.

All everyone is saying is acknowledge that there is a problem.  DJI is not likely to do that.  So we, the community, should at least support our fellow pilots, and not dismiss their plight by suggesting that it's not a big deal because it's not happening to everybody.  
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You know this thing about good captains v bad captains is pretty frugal , captains are just the same as level 1 users, they may have been on the forum longer and have more experience of how dji works, but that’s about it.
While you agree this is not an epidemic I find it strange that those who are having problems would rather come here week after week and air there case and what should be done about it, but when someone offers a much more pragmatic solution one that will save the likes of Edison money and time, your shot down as a dji fan boy.

That is why people tend to respect Captains advice more.  Because to be a Captain, you've either been here for a long time, or you've been VERY VERY active in the community.  Normally (not always) that means that you've got more experience.  But yeah, that's just a title.  I mean, by the end of the week, i'll be a First Officer, and i've only been flying for 2 months.  Titles mean nothing.  Experience means everything.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 11:27
You keep implying with your posts that we should just send our drones out to DJI (paying out-of-pocket for shipping) to have them send us back yet another drone that has the potential for having the SAME ISSUE as the one I sent in, because this isn't a HARDWARE problem, it's SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE. That replacement unit will be shipped with the same .0400 buggy FW, in which I, and many here, have NO trust in.

There is ZERO logic in your recommendations, as replacing the drone with another unit that again uses the same BUGGY FIRMWARE is not logical, and also forces the owner to incur further costs by way of shipping.

This is the only part that you and I differ in opinions.  Since it is true that not all of the aircraft suffer from this issue, and it is safe to say that it is likely that their devices have been updated/tested using whatever method they used to test the FW originally, it is likely that the device you get back will work as intended.

And in my case, DJI was going to cover shipping both ways.  I just didn't want to be without my aircraft so that was a choice I had to make.  Again, I'm one of the lucky ones.

But if DJI would simply put out a statement, this would all be pointless.  DJI should just say, "We are aware that some of the Mavic Air Pilots are experiencing issues with the latest firmware release .0400.  We are working to identify and correct these issues.  At this point, we do not have an ETA for the updated firmware.  All available resources are working to correct this problem and we will get the update out as soon as possible.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused."

This would basically squash the conversations that we have been having.  (Whether the statement is true or not)
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

it’s the best and quickest way to get your drone working the way the vast majority of MavAir are.  

When it is a known hardware problem, sure.  With exception of something that can be taken care of at local authorized repair store, or you don't care about warranty and part replacement does not require a propietary calibration process.

When it is a Firmware or Software problem (two are related, but different); then sending drone to DJI is not going to get problem resolved.  At best you will get a new drone back with same coding problem.  Worse you will get back a used drone with flaky problems and same coding problem.  

With possible exception of - Every person who has a problem with DJI Firmware or Software Installer sent their drone in for repair.  Literally slamming DJI with so many drones, DJI is forced to move problem to very Top.

I have a feeling some of firmware and software problems we are seeing is result of DJI branching out with products like Ronin, Osmo, Zenmuse, Master Wheels, etc.  Seen this problem before at work.  Experts are moved to new projects, and non-experts are left to maintain code that they don't understand and is poorly documented.  Not that non-experts don't give it there best effort.  But working on code unfamilar to you can be very time consuming and fraught with problems.  I know, because I have been there and done that with systems' OS.
2018-6-6
Use props
3-D
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 11:59
it’s the best and quickest way to get your drone working the way the vast majority of MavAir are.  

Not that non-experts don't give it there best effort.  But working on code unfamilar to you can be very time consuming and fraught with problems.  I know, because I have been there and done that with systems' OS.

PREACH!!!!
2018-6-6
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

"We are aware that some of the Mavic Air Pilots are experiencing issues with the latest firmware release .0400.  We are working to identify and correct these issues.  At this point, we do not have an ETA for the updated firmware.  All available resources are working to correct this problem and we will get the update out as soon as possible.  We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused."

I have seen this almost exact quote posted by at least one of the DJI folks on one of the forums (no, I'll not bother to find it).  That's why I remain patient.  I'd prefer they take the time to get it right.  They're clearly dealing with multiple issue on this release.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-6 11:27
You keep implying with your posts that we should just send our drones out to DJI (paying out-of-pocket for shipping) to have them send us back yet another drone that has the potential for having the SAME ISSUE as the one I sent in, because this isn't a HARDWARE problem, it's SOFTWARE/FIRMWARE. That replacement unit will be shipped with the same .0400 buggy FW, in which I, and many here, have NO trust in.

First you don’t have to pay from your own pocket for warranty return.

You say you fly commercially obviously to earn money , I will say as someone who flys commercially I find it strange anyone who would choose to fly commercially with only one drone is always going to have problems, it’s the nature of the beast and likely to cost a lot more money in the long run through loss of business and failed contracts.

And speaking from a commercial point of view you would rather wait for 1 month 2 months or just as P4Pro users did wait 7 months for a firmware update, which BTW in .200 .300 .400 there have been problems for some users, so you are going to place your trust in .500 no matter how lon you have to wait.

As against returning your as you call it paperweight and getting it repaired or replaced within two weeks, yes you might get another with problem FW but are you much worse off by doing this than you are now. But let’s take a look at the odds here, you a much more likely to get what the vast majority of MavAir users have , a correctly working drone, so maybe explain the business sense behind this.

You are looking to downgrade to .300, yet you know that weak image transmission was supposed to be a bug in .300, yet only last week you claimed it was a bug in .400, so from this all I can garner is we are not to sure what’s what here.
Your best option here by far is to return your drone as a warranty and get sorted , the fact that you are commercial and not taking this option doesn’t make any practical sense. I mean are you sure that .500 will cure all ills in these drone because if you are then bigger fool you.
2018-6-6
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

What I deplore most in this discussion is that it got unneccessarily emotional and personal as well as deviating from what might be a substantive issue and what not. Shouldn't it be the foremost interest of all of us to get problems solved whenever we experience them and help each other in achieving this?
I am one of the many lucky guys who is not experiencing any problem at all with the latest firmware update (and I have the strong feeling that this is the case for the vast majority of users), but I know well enough that I could any time be confronted with problems that I had not experienced before and would do my utmost to get them fixed. And the natural thing to do is then to identify the likely sources of these problems. The possible source can of course be a badly designed firmware update, but this is only one out of many other possibilities. Thus I ask myself why I have no problems right now but others do have? At the same time I have seen here too often that whenever a new firmware update is released, just all problems occurring to users thereafter are quickly attributed to the new firmware without looking at other possible causes or circumstances. While this is certainly the most convenient or obvious approach for many, it is not necessarily the best approach to solve the problems without properly analysing them to start with. If a new firmware is seriously faulty, it will inevitably be seriously faulty for all its users. Yet, exactly this is not the case here! Thus for those affected by problems there must be special circumstances triggering the problems or they might equally just have coincided with the firmware update and actually have a different root cause.
In summary and seeing the considerable amount of energy that has already been invested in this single threat, I wonder if the same amount of energy would not have been better invested in trying to nail down the true problems as narrow as possible. Just my thoughts...
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 11:59

Again you turn up with ridiculous statements, Osmo has been around long before phantom 4 works on dji go not go 4 , Ronin the same, again putting the cart before the horse.
Zenmuse is also part Osmo thought you would have known that Zenmuse 1 3. 4. 5. 7.
If your going to comment on these then try to know where they came in line .

You can hazard a guess at what ever you like but it’s a guess and I’m sure there will be many who will agree and many who disagree I really don’t see how it will help this situation.

2018-6-6
Use props
WayneMHK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 694728 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 12:39
Again you turn up with ridiculous statements, Osmo has been around long before phantom 4 works on dji go not go 4 , Ronin the same, again putting the cart before the horse.
Zenmuse is also part Osmo thought you would have known that Zenmuse 1 3. 4. 5. 7.
If your going to comment on these then try to know where they came in line .

Some day a F/W update is gonna mess up your machine and your gonna feel kinda stupid.  Believe me.  I know.  
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 12:39
Again you turn up with ridiculous statements, Osmo has been around long before phantom 4 works on dji go not go 4 , Ronin the same, again putting the cart before the horse.
If your going to comment on these then try to know where they came in line .

hallmark007, you really do not understand how things work in technical world.  There can be things going on behind curtain.  Such as new version of Osmo  with host of new features or perhaps an entirely new line; that pulls most experienced people away from working on code of Mavics.

DJI is clearly branching out.  It was only a short time ago DJI announced Zenmuse XT2 camera (regular camera and FLIR).  DJI sure didn't put their non-experts on writing new code for that project.  The Master Wheels and Force Pro, you can bet were done by experts at DJI.  

Now, who do you think is going to work on follow onto Osmo?   Who do you think is going to work on Mavic 2 (if there is to be one vs. whole new line)?
Who do you think works on code that is for existing products that in opinion of management is stable and dated?
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

Hello again, sorry for the stupid question but do me a favour and explain to me one thing.
If a captain status is just a regular user with more experience - does this mean you have nothing to do with DJI (Meaning they are not paying you to basically make us the so-called 'few' look stupid and humiliate us publicly).

And if you do have something with DJI and their support, do you think that your comments are good for a real customer who paid the money to get the thing working?

Just curiosity, thank you
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-6-6 12:51
Some day a F/W update is gonna mess up your machine and your gonna feel kinda stupid.  Believe me.  I know.

Then he will join the so-called "Few" annoying users.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 13:26
hallmark007, you really do not understand how things work in technical world.  There can be things going on behind curtain.  Such as new version of Osmo  with host of new features or perhaps an entirely new line; that pulls most experienced people away from working on code of Mavics.

DJI is clearly branching out.  It was only a short time ago DJI announced Zenmuse XT2 camera (regular camera and FLIR).  DJI sure didn't put their non-experts on writing new code for that project.  The Master Wheels and Force Pro, you can bet were done by experts at DJI.  

The most successful drone company in the world by a country mile, I think they know there business , in the tech world they a hugely progressive and have built a great series of products, nothing down to luck innovation producing great products all in the space of 10 years.
I think they have a fair idea what there doing, unlike Apple 10 years in business they sack Bill gates rather Steve jobs  and faced many years in the wilderness only to reinstate and become a great company. I wouldn’t worry to much about dji from where I’m looking I see a young company growing and continuing to produce products much sought after.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WayneMHK Posted at 2018-6-6 12:51

I own 6 dji drones and two cameras, I fly commercially so in my time I had had many issues with firmware problems, but there are a few things I’ve learned along the way, a quick fix won’t solve anything and I have never known but once dji to rush a firmware and that was a disaster, so I don’t have a problem with them taking the necessary time in the hope that problems are solved.
And what I say is for the benefit of those who think there is going to be a quick fix here , I don’t see the point in beating around the bush.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 13:37
Hello again, sorry for the stupid question but do me a favour and explain to me one thing.
If a captain status is just a regular user with more experience - does this mean you have nothing to do with DJI (Meaning they are not paying you to basically make us the so-called 'few' look stupid and humiliate us publicly).

Your right it’s a stupid question.
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-6 12:37
What I deplore most in this discussion is that it got unneccessarily emotional and personal as well as deviating from what might be a substantive issue and what not. Shouldn't it be the foremost interest of all of us to get problems solved whenever we experience them and help each other in achieving this?
I am one of the many lucky guys who is not experiencing any problem at all with the latest firmware update (and I have the strong feeling that this is the case for the vast majority of users), but I know well enough that I could any time be confronted with problems that I had not experienced before and would do my utmost to get them fixed. And the natural thing to do is then to identify the likely sources of these problems. The possible source can of course be a badly designed firmware update, but this is only one out of many other possibilities. Thus I ask myself why I have no problems right now but others do have? At the same time I have seen here too often that whenever a new firmware update is released, just all problems occurring to users thereafter are quickly attributed to the new firmware without looking at other possible causes or circumstances. While this is certainly the most convenient or obvious approach for many, it is not necessarily the best approach to solve the problems without properly analysing them to start with. If a new firmware is seriously faulty, it will inevitably be seriously faulty for all its users. Yet, exactly this is not the case here! Thus for those affected by problems there must be special circumstances triggering the problems or they might equally just have coincided with the firmware update and actually have a different root cause.
In summary and seeing the considerable amount of energy that has already been invested in this single threat, I wonder if the same amount of energy would not have neen better invested in trying to nail down the true problems as narrow as possible. Just my thoughts...

While this is certainly the most convenient or obvious approach for many, it is not necessarily the best approach to solve the problems without properly analysing them to start with.

IMO - Best approach would have been to do what DJI has not done.  Allow people having problems to revert back to .300.  Easy enough to setup web page for people to give a few details of their problems, then allow them to specifically download .300.

Thus I ask myself why I have no problems right now but others do have?
If a new firmware is seriously faulty, it will inevitably be seriously faulty for all its users.

Following is not meant to talk down to you, simply trying to explain a possibility as to ''why''.

I belive you are assuming firmware bug is something that everybody's Mavic Air will run into.  For example: IF A!=9 then do this, when code should have been IF A1=9 then do this.  That kind of Bug is going to hit everyone.

What may be happening is firmware has problem that takes a series of events to reach the Bug, and certain values be stored in memory for Bug to cause problems.  And once Bug is trigged depending on values stored, Bug causes different kinds of problems.  This is one of hardest bugs to track down, being it is intermitent and results may or may not cause a problem.

This kind Bug, can occur when programmer makes a mistake of getting value at memory address, instead of getting memory address where value is stored, then uses that as data or a jump to another part of code.  Another example is when programmer fails to initialize variable or an array of variables.  Problem does not show up during testing, because code is run in memory that always gets set to zero (sometimes for security reasons or can be compiler option) prior to each test run.  Problem does not show up for most users, because only a few users set right combination of features or choices that utilize same memory location(s) that bug may occassionaly access.  This can occur when code is using memory allocations and memory deallocations (sharing memory space).

Another Bug possibility is code was written for specific chip set.  Problem arrising when another batch, revision, or vendor's chip set was substitued during a manfuacturing shortage.   

I hope this helps you understand a possible ''why''.

2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 13:43
The most successful drone company in the world by a country mile, I think they know there business , in the tech world they a hugely progressive and have built a great series of products, nothing down to luck innovation producing great products all in the space of 10 years.
I think they have a fair idea what there doing, unlike Apple 10 years in business they sack Bill gates and faced many years in the wilderness only to reinstate and become a great company. I wouldn’t worry to much about dji from where I’m looking I see a young company growing and continuing to produce products much sought after.

I think you mean Steve Jobs.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 14:04
Your right it’s a stupid question.

Sure, and the answer is the same as opposed to when will the drone have a fix
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 14:11
I think you mean Steve Jobs.

Yes you correct.
2018-6-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 13:37
Hello again, sorry for the stupid question but do me a favour and explain to me one thing.

Sometimes they aren't per say Paid.  Instead the Plants get discounts and/or Freebies.

Can't say I blame them.  A job is a job as long as its Legal.  Ethics and Morals can be bought; look at Politicians!

Bet there are a few lurking around who would defend a Company if they were to say get a refurbished Company product valued at $1,000 or more.
2018-6-6
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Bulgaria

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-6 14:19
Sometimes they aren't per say Paid.  Instead the Plants get discounts and/or Freebies.

Can't say I blame them.  A job is a job as long as its Legal.  Ethics and Morals can be bought; look at Politicians!

Everyone is looking into his own plate, right? Wondering why they blame us for complaining since that's the general idea of forums these days. Gathering information, complaining about different issues...
but what do I know - just a forum newbie.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Nikolay S Donev Posted at 2018-6-6 14:12
Sure, and the answer is the same as opposed to when will the drone have a fix

Well it’s almost a month, I’m sure firmware will be ready when it’s ready, we had to wait 7 months for firmware for P4Pro which had a lot more issues than this MavAir. Who knows.
2018-6-6
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-5 14:00
Many if not most of the threads you have in your post are from the same people. No threads have been deleted because no threads get deleted on this forum you will find them in service etc.

Many of the users on mavicpilots are the same users here so this may not be any indication that problems are growing.

I would have to dispute “no threads are deleted.... claims”. I have certainly seen threads I have been monitoring been deleted and even seen 1 I started come to the same fate.
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

4WDaus Posted at 2018-6-6 14:49
I would have to dispute “no threads are deleted.... claims”. I have certainly seen threads I have been monitoring been deleted and even seen 1 I started come to the same fate.

Deleted or moved, what is the thread your missing?
2018-6-6
Use props
4WDaus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1187257 ft
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-6 14:52
Deleted or moved, what is the thread your missing?

Try https://forum.dji.com/thread-128998-1-1.html this thread
2018-6-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

4WDaus Posted at 2018-6-6 15:01
Try https://forum.dji.com/thread-128998-1-1.html this thread

Ok but what was it pertaining to it says being audited, there are also forum rules regarding posting, I’m sure you’ve read them.
2018-6-6
Use props
Bigguns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26106 ft

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 14:27
I fully agree with you dear Co-Captain although it might not make me earn popularity points in this particular thread ;-). But facts remain facts and far too many pilots have no problems at all with the .400 firmware, thus creating such a drama about it appears to be overdoing it a bit.

Do you ever remove your tongue from DJI’s bum hole ?

2018-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules