Threads detailing SERIOUS issue with Mavic Air FW v01.00.0400
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Ireland

Created Poll previously suggested in this Thread.
Poll for Mavic Air, refund, replaced, return for repair (times)?
2018-6-9
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

#240    I do not understand what you mean, sorry for my bad english.....I am german...
the 0.20 is released and who wants to update also the IOS 11.4 should do that!!!!
Thats all.....I test it tomorrow and will report....
2018-6-9
Use props
Heavenone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3563 ft
  • >>>
Germany

#240 hope this helps, sorry for my bad english....
here the exactly answer of the DJI Captain A CW at the thread:
When to expect Mavic Air update #52:
If you're using an Apple device then be sure to upgrade to IOS 11.4 too which came out very recently.  
Laggy cameras will be caused by interference. Take the drone up higher for a clearer all round signal.

2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-9 05:41
To OP:  Are YOU experiencing problems?  If so, have YOU submitted flight logs? Have you submitted a case request? Are you asking for help from the forum?   It's obvious you've had enough time to accumulate a list of links (some relevant, most not-or resolved).... If your intent was to waste the time of helpful contributors, you have been successful.  Otherwise find a way to be productive and help find a solution.

@WebParrot,

Yes I AM experiencing problems, and yes I have submitted flight logs, and yes I have submitted a case request.

I am experiencing similar issues, though to a lesser extent, on the second MA I picked up for testing.

I've submitted the flight logs from the DJI GO 4 app AND the encrypted logs (all of them) off the drone itself to DJI in my case.

The DJI support was abysmal, I'd say 0 out of 5 stars, and was not going anywhere, so I gave up on them. I know some here have had better success with them, and I applaud those who have, because on the whole, DJI support has left a bitter taste in my mouth.

And excuse me, but waste time of contributors??? I have spent MANY hours of testing, troubleshooting, and analyzing the issues, providing DJI with the data, even spending additional coin to prove or disprove issues and/or theories, all out of pocket. So please don't claim I'm not productive in finding a solution, because it leads me to believe you haven't read all my posts and I find your statement unjustified and ungrateful.
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-9 05:51
Many of us speak (write) from experience.  Every time I have had an issue, claim, or complaint, I have been helped by either a DJI Admin, Chat advisor, or a positive reply to a warranty issue.  

I "trust" the resources because each has presented me with a successful outcome.  That doesn't make ME a fan-boy or DJI PR talking head or other false characterization.  

@WebParrot,

I'm glad you've received proper support and issue resolutions from DJI with your issues, whatever they may have been. This is as it should be the majority of the time for those of us who experience issues.

However, just because you personally have received satisfactory support, does not represent this towards the remaining minority, or even majority, of users who may be getting the short end of the stick (so to speak) from DJI with their problems.

And you're right, the reasons you outlined wouldn't make you a "fan-boy", nor should you be labeled as such. However, if you were to defend DJI's corporate practices, such as lack of communication on issues with customers, providing mediocre responses to support queries, and not providing adequate resolution to software / firmware issues for MONTHS on end without so much as a whisper of what's happening in public, you could then be construed as a fan-boy.

My accusations were demonstrated in this thread, and many others I've posted in with regards to issues with the 0400 FW, and many others have chimed in with similar difficulties, posting logs and videos to demonstrate, as have I.

And I have little patience for people who'd jump to the defence of DJI blindly, and then insinuate that people experiencing these issues are in fact the ones with problems.
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

WebParrot Posted at 2018-6-9 05:53
Similarly "most" people don't take the time to come to a forum to say how satisfied they are with a product ....OR..... to praise a positive solution to a problem.  And in your case, when they do, you label them a fan-boy or other derisive intonation.

@WebParrot,

I'm sorry, but if someone gets their issues resolved, or are happy with their product, that's fantastic! And I won't go putting them down.

I still love my MA from a hardware perspective, and when she flies well, it's just a dream to fly and it brings a smile to my face!

That doesn't mean I'm going to blindly absolve DJI of their failings, some of which happen to be serious enough to warrant some pushback from the owners.

DJI often seems to get a pass for their failings which under different circumstances, or in different industries, wouldn't be allowed, or at the very least they'd receive FAR MORE publicity on.
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Heavenone Posted at 2018-6-9 10:19
#240 hope this helps, sorry for my bad english....
here the exactly answer of the DJI Captain A CW at the thread:
When to expect Mavic Air update #52:

@Heavenone,

Actually that's not necessarily accurate...

In my testing, I've found the laggy camera issue is actually being caused by resource leaks in the DJI GO 4 app that's preventing the app from rendering the live feed as fast as the data is coming in.

Also, the Strong Aircraft Interference error, which normally should indicate interference of the Wi-Fi signal, also seems to be a false positive relating to the resource leak, as live field testing using additional equipment has demonstrated there is actually NO interference in wide open spaces where the MA is being flown.

I will be flying my MA hopefully today if the weather improves to test out the new 4.2.20 version of the GO 4 app and see if there is any improvements. I've already refreshed all my iOS devices to 11.4 via iTunes. As DJI is secretive about what bug fixes were made in 4.2.20, there's no way for us to know what they've actually done. Some are speculating it fixed the C1/C2 buttons failing after POI on the MP's.

Cheers
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:03
@WebParrot,

Yes I AM experiencing problems, and yes I have submitted flight logs, and yes I have submitted a case request.

EdisonW1979: The DJI support was abysmal, I'd say 0 out of 5 stars, and was not going anywhere, so I gave up on them. I know some here have had better success with them,

Below is cut-n-paste from my thead - Assistant-2 OS-X will connect to Mavic Pro, but will not access Logs
I detailed to support what I had already done.
Which resulted in  following Expert Help - (that was interlaced with me answering questions  and providing ScreenSnaps).

DJI support - Is Mavic connected to MacBook and turned on

(more details, answering questions, and providing ScreenSnaps)

DJI support - Turn off drone, and back on

And still no FlightLog data or BlackBox access.

How many Stars would you say DJI's above expert help rates?

2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 11:23
EdisonW1979: The DJI support was abysmal, I'd say 0 out of 5 stars, and was not going anywhere, so I gave up on them. I know some here have had better success with them,

Below is cut-n-paste from my thead - Assistant-2 OS-X will connect to Mavic Pro, but will not access Logs

A big zero in that case too...
2018-6-9
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
Ireland

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:17
@Heavenone,

In my testing, I've found the laggy camera issue is actually being caused by resource leaks in the DJI GO 4 app that's preventing the app from rendering the live feed as fast as the data is coming in.

I don't belive there is a way...

Is there a way to turn on Debugging Mode on iOS (iPhone or iPad); like you can with Android OS tablet, cellphone, or DJI's CrystalSky?

Might help those running GO-4 on iOS devices to see what is gooing on.

2018-6-9
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:17
@Heavenone,

Some are speculating it fixed the C1/C2 buttons failing after POI on the MP's.

It still did not fix the issue even after the update.  Myself and a few others have tested and the results are the same with the C1/C2 buttons and the MA function buttons still not working.  It would appear they did not start working on and come up with a fix in time for the 4.2.20.  Also got an email from DJI support stating as such and they have confirmed it to be an issue by their engineers and are working on a fix.

In fact MA owners using IOS it is even worse that the only way to get the function buttons to even work again is completely uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI GO 4 app.  MP owners closing out and opening back DJI GO 4 is what is needed.
2018-6-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

@EdisonW1979 I think you may want to add this to your list: https://forum.dji.com/thread-151662-1-1.html
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-9 11:29

Not directly, no, not if you're running the iOS device with the RC since you'd need to uplink the device with a Lightning cable to a Mac running Xcode, and have your iPhone setup as a Dev device, then you can do live resource monitoring.

In this circumstance, you can download a Status Monitor app from the App Store, and have it run in the background. It tracks, based on time index, of usage spikes of system memory and CPU utilization.

This is what I used, as nothing else was available to me, to see there was a correlation with the GO 4 app and spiking.

Whenever lag would occur in GO 4, I'd wait a few more seconds after the lag subsided, then switch to the status app. Sure enough, I noted the SoC going to 100% load, and max memory usage, then it went down to 20-30% after the lag subsided.

This confirms resource spikes during those times, and not when the drone is flying normally and the video feed is smooth.

This condition also occurs with Strong Aircraft Interference errors; there is no reason the app should choke the device SoC when this happens.
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

asaw Posted at 2018-6-9 11:31
@EdisonW1979 I think you may want to add this to your list: https://forum.dji.com/thread-151662-1-1.html

@asaw,

Thanks for the tip! Sorry for the OP that lost his drone, I'd be saying some choice profanities under my nose if that happened to me!

Was watching his embedded video of the flight log playback, can see no stick input was being received that corresponded to the drones' behaviour. That actually brings back memories of what happened to me with my MA, scary!

One thing though, he was flying over a densely populated urban area, so quite possible something from the ground near the AC's position could done something; he did receive a weak signal warning...

Cheers
2018-6-9
Use props
asaw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1672566 ft
Russia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:51
@asaw,

Thanks for the tip! Sorry for the OP that lost his drone, I'd be saying some choice profanities under my nose if that happened to me!

> One thing though, he was flying over a densely populated urban area, so quite possible something from the ground near the AC's position could done something; he did receive a weak signal warning...

That seems unlikely in itself. But then there is a bunch of other cases with exactly the same symptoms, including my own one: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147533-1-1.html What can be safer than flying over a field on a calm day?
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

asaw Posted at 2018-6-9 12:10
> One thing though, he was flying over a densely populated urban area, so quite possible something from the ground near the AC's position could done something; he did receive a weak signal warning...

That seems unlikely by itself. But then there is a bunch of other cases with exactly the same symptoms, including my own one: https://forum.dji.com/thread-147533-1-1.html What can be safer than flying over a field on a calm day?

Yup, I've seen that vid, and the pilot was doing everything right in terms of location; very little possible points of interference from the ground, yet the MA still went haywire!
2018-6-9
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-9 11:03
@WebParrot,

Makes you feel like DJI’s second in line beta testers doesn’t it. Lol. I like you have done a bit of testing and reporting. It would be nice if they would give us some batteries to use. I don’t mind doing the testing but I hate burning up my own batteries to figure out their problems.
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Scoobywrx05 Posted at 2018-6-9 13:39
Makes you feel like DJI’s second in line beta testers doesn’t it. Lol. I like you have done a bit of testing and reporting. It would be nice if they would give us some batteries to use. I don’t mind doing the testing but I hate burning up my own batteries to figure out their problems.

Sadly, if they aren’t even willing to make a public statement acknowledging the 0400 (and possibly the entire software platform) issues they have, I HIGHLY doubt they’d be providing batteries for testing to their customers

Though you’re right, it would be nice to perform this testing without having to burn up my own batteries!
2018-6-9
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Bringing it back up
2018-6-12
Use props
Poit
lvl.1
Flight distance : 132700 ft
Norway

Still a major problem...  So frustrating that dji don't gives a option to rollback or release a new firmware.  
2018-6-14
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Poit Posted at 2018-6-14 23:52
Still a major problem...  So frustrating that dji don't gives a option to rollback or release a new firmware.

That, and complete ZERO in the communication department...

Although it's been reported (with screenshots) that their engineers are responding to people in a closed Facebook group, they should be doing so HERE!!
2018-6-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-15 08:07

Although it's been reported (with screenshots) that their engineers are responding to people in a closed Facebook group, they should be doing so HERE!!

responding to people in a closed Facebook group,

Otherwise known as Damage Control, as in how to SPIN it.

2018-6-15
Use props
Scoobywrx05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-15 08:07

My ma is grounded till they figure out the problem. Was filming a funeral procession with it and it decided to do its yaw and drift issue right when they where passing by so it ruined about the most important part of the video and it’s not like I can stop them and tell them to stick it in reverse and do it over. So dji failed miserably on their part so much so I’m looking into other drone companies really hard now and will be in the process of selling everything I own that has dji on it. So once the issue is fixed my ma will be up for sale if anybody is looking.
2018-6-15
Use props
djiuser_7Po6Lb6BFp30
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-5 14:27
I fully agree with you dear Co-Captain although it might not make me earn popularity points in this particular thread ;-). But facts remain facts and far too many pilots have no problems at all with the .400 firmware, thus creating such a drama about it appears to be overdoing it a bit.

MAY BE, BUT MY MA IS SITTING IN THE CUPBOARD, NOT ABLE TO LINK AND CONNECT TO EACH OTHER, THUS NOT ABLE TO FLY AT ALL. ALL AFTER 400 UPDATE.....I WOULD SAY THAT IS BS, AND EVEN THOUGH IT WORKS PERFECTLY FOR SOME, DJI COULD AT LEAST MAKE A SERIOUS EFFORT TO HELP THE REST OF US WITH UN USABLE EXPENSIVE EQUIPMENT AFTER THEIR UPDATE.....FOR MORE THAN TWO WEEKS NOW....
2018-6-15
Use props
HendrikJB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Thank you.  This may actually be  the reason that I crashed my MA as it was sluggish to respond to commands.
2018-6-19
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Really the problems continue, even with the DJI GO updates. I myself continue to experience video lag.
For me, the question involves the same parameters for different hardware (components)
Why some iPhone 7 and 7Plus stopped making sounds and others did not? In this case problems were discovered in the soldering of several phones.
Production line has it.
Only the industries are recalling ....
Apple switches or repairs
As far as I know and I CAN BE FOOLED, DJI has never recalled or taken over the problem
2018-6-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Might consider adding following Thread to Lists.

MA GROUNDED, FIRMWARE
2018-6-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 13:59

MA GROUNDED, FIRMWARE

Agreed, I've added it to the list...

All these issues, and still DJI stays completely silent, this is becoming a joke.
2018-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:33

All these issues, and still DJI stays completely silent, this is becoming a joke.

The only thing we know aboutyour aircraft from your logs is that it was flying perfectly andyour logs back this up.
2018-6-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-19 13:59

MA GROUNDED, FIRMWARE

More scaremongering even though you don’t own a mavic Air .
2018-6-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-19 18:55
The only thing we know aboutyour aircraft from your logs is that it was flying perfectly andyour logs back this up.

Wow,

You don't give up do you? I HAVE posted logs of experiencing IMU, Motor Current Error, Max Motor Speed, and yaw / roll issues. The fact you haven't seen them doesn't mean you have the right to come out blasting the BS that I haven't.

Grow up and go on about your business. You've littered this thread with crap enough already, let others participate in it without your rubbish comments polluting it any further.
2018-6-19
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-6-19 18:57
More scaremongering even though you don’t own a mavic Air .

As DJI drones in the Phantom, Mavic, Spark lines seem to share a common FW codebase, are all run by the  DJI GO 4 app, and MP / P4Pro owners also report similar issues, he has every right to contribute to this thread, and other MA threads, without fear of you coming in attempting to hijack his posts and denigrate him.

Now go on about whatever "professional" flying you may have to do.
2018-6-19
Use props
Nikolay S Donev
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1290892 ft
Bulgaria

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-19 21:32
As DJI drones in the Phantom, Mavic, Spark lines seem to share a common FW codebase, are all run by the  DJI GO 4 app, and MP / P4Pro owners also report similar issues, he has every right to contribute to this thread, and other MA threads, without fear of you coming in attempting to hijack his posts and denigrate him.

Now go on about whatever "professional" flying you may have to do.

He is flying his drones only in the forum. Maybe DJI have restrictions for their paid forum folks
2018-6-20
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-6-19 14:33

Will you be updating the list to show the problems that have been resolved ?

Often the problem with creating these lists is maintaining them so that they accurately reflect current firmware and applications.

As an example, in the first entry in your list, the OP provided a sollution for the problem they had, and is now perfectly happy with their Mavic air.
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-6-20 02:00

Often the problem with creating these lists is maintaining them so that they accurately reflect current firmware and applications.

Seems to be overall possible workaround (not solution**) to MA's problems is to re-install .0400 Firmware, and if that fails, factory reset then re-re-install .0400 Firmware.  

One of the questions in this is: What is unique about .0400 Firmware vs. previous releases that resulted in a diverse set of flaky problems.
Same question for Mavic Pro and .0300 Firmware.  Albeit, fewer with problems than MA.

** Not a solution because, the diverse and flaky problems could happen again with future Firmware updates, unless DJI finds and fixes root cause.

2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Aardvark,

Yes I will be updating this thread, but it is targeted at the 0400 firmware, so when DJI finally gets off their behinds and releases the next FW, this will become a mute point.

Also, that fix you linked doesn't work for everyone. For example, I had a similar situation where the MA flew great for a few flights, then the issues started re-occuring.

Other's also post the same process, and no effect at all, so it's not really a fix.
2018-6-20
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

You have to understand that certain persons here are not that much interested in solutions like you and I are. They also do not make any efforts in trying to provide solutions to others. All they seem to want is ranting...
2018-6-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Would recommend those having any problem(s) after upgrading to .0400 FW to Open a Support Ticket with problem(s).

Not saying it will get your problem(s) fixed any faster, but tickets will provide a record of problems, and could lead to Mgmt. taking notice.
2018-6-20
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-6-20 08:48
Would recommend those having any problem(s) after upgrading to .0400 FW to Open a Support Ticket with problem(s).

Not saying it will get your problem(s) fixed any faster, but tickets will provide a record of problems, and could lead to Mgmt. taking notice.

I agree and I already did.
The only reply I received is to wait for them to get in touch. (1 week ago)
2018-6-20
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Canada

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-6-20 08:47
You have to understand that certain persons here are not that much interested in solutions like you and I are. They also do not make any efforts in trying to provide solutions to others. All they seem to want is ranting...

My two MA's, one returned, who both exhibit 0400 issues described throughout this thread, would disagree with your assessment, and I have submitted tickets to DJI, that went no where, so coming here and making the statement you just made is flat out incorrect.

I have personally invested far too much time and money doing DJI's troubleshooting work, and I won't do it any further, as they have no interest in acting on the findings. Or perhaps they are, and as usual are not making any announcements about their actions publicly, and are taking their sweet time in responding with a fix.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules